Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to add my BOI mortgage to Banking 365 Online website but with no success.

Options
  • 22-08-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all - new to the board so bare with me.

I have a BOI mortgage (based in Northern Ireland) and also have a BOI current account and use the Banking 365 website regularly to access the current account.

What I would like to do is set up the mortgage within the 365 website so that it is easy for me to make overpayments online without having to ring up each time.

The problem I have is this:

I have tried following the online instructions on how to do this and have also rang up and been told exactly the same thing - that is to add a new BOI account, push the drop down menu and select BOI mortgage and then fill out the account details.

The problem I have is that BOI mortgage is not an option in the pull down menu I have and as a result I am unable to add the mortgage to the account - I even tried the 'loan account' option but with no success.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is it because I have a mortgage account in Northern Ireland?

Is there a way around it?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Call their Customer Service number would be the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

I'd be fairly certain you can't add NI accounts to the ROI online banking system!

As for overpaying the mortgage, I'm with PTSB and can't transfer money to the mortgage account using online banking even though I can see the balance online. To overpay, I still have to write them a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

For some reason you cannot do this. Allegedly you can add your mortgage account but just to view, you cannot pay to it online, you still have to ring bank of Ireland mortgages or call to your branch.

I say allegedly you can add it, but I have tried doing it on 365 online and it does not work. I called them up and they would not do it and again told me to go to the branch, however there is little point adding it as you wont be able make payments on banking 365.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

balaks wrote: »
    Hi all - new to the board so bare with me.

I have a BOI mortgage (based in Northern Ireland) and also have a BOI current account and use the Banking 365 website regularly to access the current account.

What I would like to do is set up the mortgage within the 365 website so that it is easy for me to make overpayments online without having to ring up each time.

The problem I have is this:

I have tried following the online instructions on how to do this and have also rang up and been told exactly the same thing - that is to add a new BOI account, push the drop down menu and select BOI mortgage and then fill out the account details.

The problem I have is that BOI mortgage is not an option in the pull down menu I have and as a result I am unable to add the mortgage to the account - I even tried the 'loan account' option but with no success.

Has anybody else faced this problem? Is it because I have a mortgage account in Northern Ireland?

Is there a way around it?

Many thanks in advance.
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi balaks, [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for posting and welcome to Boards.ie[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have an NI Current Account and an NI mortgage, it is not possible to add the mortgage as a Bill on Bank of Ireland 365 Online. The Bank of Ireland website has information about mortgage overpayments. You can view this here[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Billy[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

dirtyden wrote: »
    For some reason you cannot do this. Allegedly you can add your mortgage account but just to view, you cannot pay to it online, you still have to ring bank of Ireland mortgages or call to your branch.

I say allegedly you can add it, but I have tried doing it on 365 online and it does not work. I called them up and they would not do it and again told me to go to the branch, however there is little point adding it as you wont be able make payments on banking 365.  
    Hi dirtyden,

As Billy has mentioned above, it is not possible to add NI mortgage as a bill online. If you wish to make extra payments to your mortgage, please call into your branch. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »

Hi dirtyden,

As Billy has mentioned above, it is not possible to add NI mortgage as a bill online. If you wish to make extra payments to your mortgage, please call into your branch. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I was answering the original post. My mortgage is not NI, its through Bank of Ireland in Cork. I could not add mine either. Even if one could add it you cannot make payments to it. Why is that?

I can add most other types of accounts to make payments to but not my own mortgage. I assume there is a logic there somewhere but I am failing to see it.

Hi dirtyden,

The original post was in relation to adding an NI mortgage account as a payee online. 

However you can certainly add a Republic of Ireland Mortgage account to make payments online. Please ensure that you add it as a Bill payee with your mortgage account number in the reference field. You can find the instructions for adding your mortgage account as a bill payee on Bank of Ireland 365 Online here and also here.

I hope this helps you, please let us know if you need help with any other query.  

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I can't add my mortgage a/c to online banking either. Address and accounts in the republic.
    I sent a request to add the a/c.
    Got a reply to ring someone.
    Rang them and was told it couldn't be done.

Hi all, 

There seems to be some confusion here with regards to adding your mortgage account online. 

To clarify this, if you wish to add your ROI Mortgage online to view the balance only, please do the following: 

1. Select the Online Service Desk.
    2. Choose Add an Account from the drop down list. 
    3. Then select Bank of Ireland Mortgage as the account type.

In order for an account to be successfully added for viewing the balance online, your name, address and date of birth must match on both your current account and your mortgage account. 

To add your ROI mortgage account as a payee to make a payment to it, please do the following: 
    1. Select “Money Transfer” on the left hand navigation bar.
    2. Then “Add a payee”.
    3. Choose the type of payee - please select “bill”.
    4. Choose the option for how you would like to receive your activation code.
    5. On the drop down for Bill name, please select BOI Mortgage.
    6. Under bill reference, please input your mortgage account number.

I hope this is now clearer. 

Many Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi dirtyden,

The original post was in relation to adding an NI mortgage account as a payee online. 

However you can certainly add a Republic of Ireland Mortgage account to make payments online. Please ensure that you add it as a Bill payee with your mortgage account number in the reference field. You can find the instructions for adding your mortgage account as a bill payee on Bank of Ireland 365 Online here and also here.

I hope this helps you, please let us know if you need help with any other query.  

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I was told on the phone that this cannot be done that it could only be viewed. Has this changed recently?

• Advertisement

Hi dirtyden,

This option would have been introduced to Bank of Ireland 365 Online in May of 2013. The steps I have posted above should allow you to add your ROI mortgage as a bill payee. 

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi dirtyden,

This option would have been introduced to Bank of Ireland 365 Online in May of 2013. The steps I have posted above should allow you to add your ROI mortgage as a bill payee. 

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    No bother, thanks.

It was possibly before that when I enquired about this. That seems to have worked fine now.

Hi dirtyden,

That's great to hear, glad we could help you with this.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭LeoD

Is it possible to view mortgage transactions online? All I can see is a mortgage balance but I was just told on the phone that I could view transaction history. I can't see where this can be done. I presume adding the mortgage a/c as a payee does not allow me to see transaction history? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

LeoD wrote: »
    Is it possible to view mortgage transactions online? All I can see is a mortgage balance but I was just told on the phone that I could view transaction history. I can't see where this can be done. I presume adding the mortgage a/c as a payee does not allow me to see transaction history? 
    Hi LeoD,

Thanks for the post.

Apologies for any confusion, it's not possible to view mortgage account transactions online, it's a balance only facility. 

Also adding your mortgage account as a payee allows you to lodge additional payments to your mortgage.

Again, apologies for any confusion.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

Can I ask how long it should take to add your mortgage acc so that you can view it online. I added my mortgage account as a payee no problem, but when I wanted to add account to view balance I got an email to say I was unsuccessful. I called customer service who talked me through the process. This was last Monday 16 th march, wondering have I done something wrong or does it normally take this long? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi random10, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can add your Bank of Ireland Mortgage account by clicking 'Manage Accounts' and then 'Add your BOI account' and entering the account details. Provided all the details match, it will be added to view your balance online within 3 to 5 working days. 

You've mentioned that you received a reply to advise that your request was unsuccessful, you can send a query via the 'Ask a Question' option in the Online Service desk and our representatives will be more than happy to investigate the reason for this. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement