Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Stay There! With Miriam - 23rd. August 9.40pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hope they don't do the Ice bucket thing directly after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I did, Skid. Poor aul Des. He's Irish, isn't he?
    I was delighted they showed his "Shouldn't you be at work?" intro.

That show did make me feel a bit guilty for giving out about the Alans a bit. Such a good show over the years.

Remember it went to ITV? Not even Sky do football as painfully as ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

efb wrote: »
    I think Lineker is a good presenter

He's good (and he has got better as time went on). I just preferred Des's style and effortless charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Hope they don't do the Ice bucket thing directly after this

RTE- you know they will.

Jesus, Miriam gets interesting when Arsenal are on. Typical!

Looks like an interesting documentary.

It must be hard to come to terms with having a Grandfather who was in the SS.

Just flicked back over.

Anyone still awake out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

The Irish rugby team are really milking every possible appearance out of 4th place. Admirable IMO.

Not like these guys who scored two goals, failed to win a game and made the last eight.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I did, Skid. Poor aul Des. He's Irish, isn't he?
    I was delighted they showed his "Shouldn't you be at work?" intro.

In the absence of MrsD, I should state for the record that Des Lynam is a Clare man, born in Ennis.

I always remember his comment after Michael Johnson smashed the 200 metres World Record in the Olympics in Atlanta at about 4am our time.

"You stayed up late tonight - you made the right choice. Goodnight!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

She's lucky it didn't ruin her makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was there ice?? I didnt see any,,, :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Never thought i'd see Miriam wet on TV

That bucket thing made me laugh more than i expected.

It's the simple things.

FOOTBALL IN THE GROIN!!

FOOT-BALL-IN-THE-GROIN!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

well that was... an.... interesting series...

See ye for SNS in Sept...

I like the retro graphics on MOTD.

And Barry Davies! My favourite commentator ever.

Skid X wrote: »
    I like the retro graphics on MOTD.

And Barry Davies! My favourite commentator ever.

I'm still a Motson man. I don't care if he's gone a bit...elderly.

Edit: the graphics are a great touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Nadine Coyle talk properly for fcuk sake.These dipsticks who put on fake americanised accent sicken my hole.I don't know if Graham McDowell or her is worse listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Nadine Coyle talk properly for fcuk sake.These dipsticks who put on fake americanised accent sicken my hole.I don't know if Graham McDowell or her is worse listen to.

Those two people have a perfect right to sound American, Messter Dangus, cos the generic country American accent is, if you can bear to listen closely enough, Bogger Nordie. No accident, 12 American Presidents have Northern Ireland origins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Missed all the shenanigans on the Quality Street Show tonight as I was out galavanting around the streets of East Galway with herself, and trying to be diplomatic and show our faces at the two weddings we were supposed to be at this evening !

Luckily the evening receptions were only a two minute walk away from each other so we were able to take turns and wing it seperately for an hour. Herself spent half an hour mingling at one wedding while I graced the other with my presence. Then we swopped weddings for the next half hour.

We did a great job in fairness and neither happy couple is none the wiser that myself and Lapinette were not present at either of their gigs until we hooked up to shake hands with both happy couples before we fecked off.

Everyone's happy :)

And better still - We got a cab home and stopped off at a remote gravel car park pub on the way to get cigs and Tayto.

Everyone there was glued to the last 13 minutes of 'Amber', so we decided to stay to see what happened to her this time round.

And Like the rest of the population - We haven't a balls notion.

And we care even less - What a load of.......

Anyway, roll on the Puppeh and Kitteh ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Lapin wrote: »
    Missed all the shenanigans on the Quality Street Show tonight as I was out galavanting around the streets of East Galway with herself, and trying to be diplomatic and show our faces at the two weddings we were supposed to be at this evening !

= I'm really popular and all you people are all losers :( ... oh and all your puppehs and kittehs are losers as well.. :(