Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cex trade ins:

Options
  • 22-08-2014 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Didn't see an appropriate thread so i'll ask here;

I have about 20 or so PS3 games to trade in, one or two are without a box(I have plastic cases for them and they have their books and stuff.

Will they accept them? Googled around a bit but getting conflicting information and I can't find a phone number for Cex to find out.

Ta.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Didn't see an appropriate thread so i'll ask here;

I have about 20 or so PS3 games to trade in, one or two are without a box(I have plastic cases for them and they have their books and stuff.

Will they accept them? Googled around a bit but getting conflicting information and I can't find a phone number for Cex to find out.

Ta.

does their website mention anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

AFAIK they don't take games that aren't in the proper boxes. Remember a few people saying they couldn't trade in games they bought in the Xtra-Vision sleeveless sale.

Could be wrong though.

Can't find a number for the Galway store but the Dublin branch should be able to tell you - (01)8788584

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Cex will not accept games without their case and inlay .

I know this because I trade bulk quantities of games in on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sound. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Sound. Thanks.

Their website will tell you how much you'll get for each game ie.webuy.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Does the case need to have a bar-code on it??I got a few games in special cases with no bar-code on them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Does the case need to have a bar-code on it??I got a few games in special cases with no bar-code on them

Yes. They wouldn't take battlefield 3 off me because it was in some kind of special tin case with no barcode. Must have been a sleeve for it originally that I lost.

Yes. They wouldn't take battlefield 3 off me because it was in some kind of special tin case with no barcode. Must have been a sleeve for it originally that I lost.

Sure ill give it a go,worst they can say is no..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Sure ill give it a go,worst they can say is no..

They sell bundle copy's in there with no barcode so they should I say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

They offer the best value at the moment as far as store credit is concerned, but they can be pretty finicky about stuff like cases.

They won't take part of a special edition, only the full thing. Gamestop would.

They wouldn't take a game off me because "it didn't look like it worked". Asked them to test it because it worked fine before I left the house with it and they said they don't test any of the games they take in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It really depends on who you get. They'll say they don't take games with scratches on and what not, then they'll sell you stuff which looks like someone has dug into with a knife all over. In terms of battlefield though, they do take stuff without barcodes, they can just search for it on the system.

They took everything no hassle..I had arkham origins in a steelbook case from the special edition and they took it..heading back in tomorrow with some stuff I never use..I found it very easy I had heard some horror stories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Do they take in consoles for cash too? I have a 360 I'm looking to part ways with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Long as the console is in full working, with controller, power cable, connection cables, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Drop it in early if your looking for the cash tomorrow because they probably test it, they test phones when you're trading them in and it can take a while if they're busy.
    Bring ID too as you have to join up to get cash AFAIR.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I must admit, I'm allergic to these kind of shops, but their prices seemed good on the website. For a selection of games, Knack and Lego marvel Heroes on PS4, and 9 games on PS3, XV and GS were offering €37 credit. CEX gave me €68 in credit, I think the offer was €54 cash. I know where I'll be going in future....

Advertisement