Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty goods return policy

Options
  • 22-08-2014 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hey, looking for some advice here, bought a ps4 in June and it just stopped working recently, went to xtra vision where i bought it with my receipt but they said after 28 days they dont have to replace it or issue a refund, is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In short, no. They are the retailer and have to address the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

They told me that I need to contact Sony and it's not their problem.

They will have to repair, replace or refund. Did they offer to send it back to Sony for repair?.

They said it was upto me to contact Sony. I presumed the contract was between me and the seller(them) and I wouldn't have to go through Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Your contract is with the retailer.
    It's up to them to deal with it or see you in Small Claims Court basically.

Ask to speak to a manager, a lot of places seem to have staff who can't understand the difference between someone returning something because they want to exchange it / don't like it and someone who is returning a faulty good.

If they won't respond, write in a formal complaint.

If that doesn't work, start a Small Claims Court case. Quite simple and cheap to do.

• Advertisement

Yeah asked to speak to the manager, and he has very dismissive, saying it's Sony and not them that I have the issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ah you have to love good old XV! I remember when I worked for one of the phone companies, people would come into us to send phones for repair because XV (where they were bought) told them to instead of performing the required service themselves. Complete chancer of a company.

Anyway OP, time for a registered letter to XV HO stating your issue and that you would like it resolved in accordance with your consumer rights in a reasonable timeframe. If that proves fruitless, off to the SCC with you.

It may take some time to resolve. You may deal with Sony if you want it sorted more quickly but I dont think I'd be letting XV away with these shenanigans.

Advertisement