Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're The Worst [FX]

• 22-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭

Centers on two toxic, self-destructive people who fall in love and attempt a relationship.

Anyone else watching this? Comfortably, the best new comedy out of the US this summer IMO.

It's crude, often silly but very very funny!

It's been paired with other new comedy Married on FX - which stars Nat Faxon and Judy Greer - but I just can't warm to that at all!

Anyways, well worth watching if you're looking for something new.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Never heard of it, but after watching a few episodes, I love it. :)

Been watching it since it started and really enjoying it. It's low brow fare and all the better for it, the kind of show which would work really well paired alongside It's Always Sunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I've watched it and liked it.
    There's something jarring about the Americans in it though, it feels like it could do with an English remake. American's just aren't believably wry enough for this script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I just started watching at the weekend and love it. Easily my favourite new show this year. I hope it sticks around for a while, but they will need to keep it fresh or I could see it getting very repetitive - keeping in mind I've only watched 4 episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jimmy and Gretchen are absolute bastards for the most part, yet they're so likeable.

I like the callbacks to jokes so far like Jimmy forgetting who Killian is.

It really is a cracking show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Binge watched this at the weekend, great bubblegum TV!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Started watching this yesterday and ran through eight episodes. Enjoyable fare but I don't know how long they can drag it out for. The leads aren't nasty enough for my liking at this stage. I don't see the point in Killian.

And Edgar is the love child of David Schwimmer and Nicholas Cage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

This is already my favourite show at the moment, and I only started watching it two days ago. Very well written. Agree with the comments about Edgar and his similarity to Ross from Friends, though I reckon it is Lindsay (Kether Donohue) who steals the show.

I love this show, but the finale felt... Final. It needs a second season. I have to agree too about Kether Donohue as Lindsay, she's brilliant

Great finale, and Kether Donohue is indeed fantastic..

"I've had that pillow since I was 11. I call him Brandon Pointycorners!"

Chris Geere and Aya Cash have some of the best chemistry I've seen on TV in years.. they're just great fun to watch!

Praying it gets a second season though ratings have been far from stellar.. but it has quite a dedicated following, so I'd say FX should definitely renew it.

But yeah, definitely looking forward to more!

PS - theme song is excellent too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Never heard of this until clicking on this thread today but the trailer has me excited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Tremendous show but wouldn't hold out much hope for a second season.

FX didn't renew the even more critically adored but ratings challenged Terriers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Basq wrote: »
    Great finale, and Kether Donohue is indeed fantastic..

"I've had that pillow since I was 11. I call him Brandon Pointycorners!"

Chris Geere and Aya Cash have some of the best chemistry I've seen on TV in years.. they're just great fun to watch!

Praying it gets a second season though ratings have been far from stellar.. but it has quite a dedicated following, so I'd say FX should definitely renew it.

But yeah, definitely looking forward to more!

PS - theme song is excellent too!

Is that slo(w) thrust or sloth rust?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Really enjoyed this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for season 2 on FXX Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed for season 2 on FXX Source

Great news. One of my favourite shows of the year

Yay!

Fantastic news! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Tremendous show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Could you not have waited till the 8th. I saw this bumped and thought it was back this week or somesuch.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Great to see this back, I was beginning to wonder if the show was just going to disappear.

First ep. of new series carries on where they left off, misanthropic comedy brilliance, like Seinfeld on steroids. They're all so horrible, which is what makes it so good. Lindsey, as ever, steals the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Love the direction this second season has been going in, particularly regarding:
    depression
    . The latest episode (2x09) was brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,055 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Loved season 1, one of the best comedies I had ever seen, season 2 really disappointed me. It seems like they didn't really know what direction to go with it so added in the whole
    depression
    aspect to it. It's just really somber at times and doesn't really seem to fit in with the overall tone of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

siblers wrote: »
    Loved season 1, one of the best comedies I had ever seen, season 2 really disappointed me. It seems like they didn't really know what direction to go with it so added in the whole
    depression
    aspect to it. It's just really somber at times and doesn't really seem to fit in with the overall tone of the show.

Really? Wow. Each to their own and all that but Season two has been the best season of comedy of recent times imo.

That three run episode centring around what you spoilered above, including the amazing Hallowe’en episode in the middle, is comedy TV at it’s very best. It’s completely pushing the boundaries of what TV comedy can do. The third episode of that run had literally zero laughs yet still managed to be the most gripping and engrossing half hour of TV this year. Comedy shows don’t do that in general.

The first season’s tone, on the outside, was a bit wacky and crazy, but bubbling underneath every character was a real darkness. Season 2 has just brought that darkness out. That’s a brave move for a comedy to really expose the badness of its main characters while allowing us to maintain some empathy for them. Unlike say “The League” or “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” which for me are just show about horrible people.

Although tbf I’ve not seen enough of IASIF to really comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Season three is airing now :D

God I love this show.

Who has time to wash their legs!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I wasn't overly gone on Season 2 (I think I need to rewatch it) but season 3 is superb. Episode 5
    About PTSD was superb, of all the films and tv shows that have dealt with PTSD, I don't think I've ever seen it shot as well as this episode, the scene with the doctor was superbly done, did a great job in highlighting what must be a serious issue over in the states. That episode came from nowhere, I don't think there was a zero comedic moment which is partly why it stood out so well

• Advertisement

It's the best "half-hour" comedy on TV at the moment.

Advertisement