Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're The Worst [FX]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I grew a little bored of it early into S2... might pick it up again over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here. Season 2 was a slog. I might try Season 3 over Christmas too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Seasons two and three are great, you lunatics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Loved season 1, 2 wasn't bad but really struggling with 3.
    Its a bit all over the place.
    Still fun though and worth a watch..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think this really lost its way in season 2,all the characters became so unlikeable. That said I saw one ep from season 3 yesterday and it featured the room mate guy who's name I can't remember. It focused on his ptsd after his time in the army. It was actually brilliant. One of the best portrayals of it I've seen. I actually felt his anxiety right through it and came away with a much better understanding of it.
    Just goes to show they're obviously a really talented team putting it together, pity they've played it that bit too cool the last two seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,012 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think this really lost its way in season 2,all the characters became so unlikeable. That said I saw one ep from season 3 yesterday and it featured the room mate guy who's name I can't remember. It focused on his ptsd after his time in the army. It was actually brilliant. One of the best portrayals of it I've seen. I actually felt his anxiety right through it and came away with a much better understanding of it.
    Just goes to show they're obviously a really talented team putting it together, pity they've played it that bit too cool the last two seasons.
    I have to disagree. The show definitely changed. It got darker. It's the best portrayal of depression and anxiety I've seen on any show. I don't think it lost it's way, I think it blended the serious and the funny excellently.
    Anyways. Season 4 starts on September 6th, and personally I can't wait to watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Quazzie wrote: »
    I have to disagree. The show definitely changed. It got darker. It's the best portrayal of depression and anxiety I've seen on any show. I don't think it lost it's way, I think it blended the serious and the funny excellently.
    Anyways. Season 4 starts on September 6th, and personally I can't wait to watch it.

It has done a great portrayal of mental health issues, that was actually my point there, but I think the characters are so utterly unlikeable, with exception of the ptsd guy, that it loses the funny in favour of overblown caricature. I think the first season was so much stronger in terms of comedy because there seemed to be a kernel of a real person in every character, now we mostly only see beyond the veneer of slapstick unpleasantness when that person is featured to highlight their mental health.
    Eg, ptsd guy is going to his appointment with the psychiatrist, everyone knows it's important, he gives a lift to Gretchen and Jimmy ,they're making him late, roaring abuse from the back seat, having sex in the car. I don't find it a blend of serious and funny, I've found it more a blend of serious and annoying lately instead of the serious and the comic as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Back last night with a double episode. Second episode was hilarious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

LLMMLL wrote: »

Never realised how much Gretchen sounded like Groucho Marx before

LLMMLL wrote: »

Have to agree. Wasn't sure what way the first episode was going then the second episode was a hilarious juxtaposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Can't wait to watch new episodes, such an underrated show!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Another great ep. Love how every week there's a different excuse for why the third band member isn't around. Lindsay's "who?" Was hilarious.

Almost took Gretchen seriously when she apologised for using the term "family"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Saw those first 3eps terrific stuff...Aya Cash has been brilliant so far...Jimmy is such a d*ckhead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Only watched season 4 now, it's frigging superb. One of the best seasons of tv comedy/drama I have ever season. As good as season 2 of Atlanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The last 2 epsiodes confused me totally, the time jumps that were not clearly visible as time jumps (to due the same venue, the same clothing) paired with the "this is what happens to them in future" despite us already have seen it just to end back on the day really took a lot of work by me to follow.

Sure I liked the end and the relationship terms that were defined but somehow for a while I thought they did an error broadcasting a wrong cut.

Never the less, I am going to miss this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The clothing was different, but the time jumps over the season were meant to be confusing. I thought it was a fantastic way to end a great show.

So who ended up with who? I thought I had it right, but then I just got confused all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Quazzie wrote: »
    So who ended up with who? I thought I had it right, but then I just got confused all over again.
    Jimmy + Gretchen = together but never get married during the show, Gretchen is pregnant though.
    Paul + Lindsay = (re-)married at the same venue that J+G's wedding was supposed to be at.
    Vernon + Becca = still together

Advertisement