Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC, overcharging and refund question...

Options
  • 22-08-2014 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

If UPC over charged me to the tune of around 500 euro over the past two years, would they be entitled to credit my bill until the amount was returned or can I ask them to send me the overcharged amount by cheque?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

They might offer you credit and that's fine if you are satisfied to go that way, however if you request a monetary refund than that's what they should give. Expect any refund to be made in the same manner as your payment, so if you pay by DD or card then expect any refund to paid directly to your bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

slimjimmc wrote: »
    They might offer you credit and that's fine if you find it acceptable, however if you request a monetary refund than that's what they should give. Expect any refund to be made in the same manner as your payment, so if you pay by DD or card then expect any refund to paid directly to your bank account.

Not necessarily three took a deposit from me for broadband and when I cancelled (within 14 days) they issued it via cheque even though I paid by Visa debit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Received cheque in post yesterday morning for €580. Score.

Advertisement