Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp Nest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kamik

cml387 wrote: »
    At least he didn't do the penis thing.

Vinegar, sugar, soapy water, penis!

are we still talking about wasps?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I would avoid the wasp hive during the day because they're very aggressive towards the end of the Summer, though, it's been unseasonably cold lately, if it keeps getting colder at nighttime, the frost will kill them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Duff

I'm absolutely appalled that after this many replies no one has said "Blast it with píss". For shame, AH, for shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

I've never been stung in my life. I don't get why folks are afraid of them, they're just wasps. If you wave your hands around in an aggressive manner it is possible they will sting you. Just go over to the hive and sit beside it for 20 minutes and they will fly around you for a few minutes to see are you a threat, then they will just fly off back, no stings, nothing...enjoy.
    Mint Aero wrote: »
    They hate ejaculate. Ejaculate on their nest.

:eek:

Guaranteed to work every time...

1. buy a water gun.
    2. fill it with petrol.
    3. squirt offending flying objects.
    4. throw lit match onto nest.
    Call fire brigade and let them throw water on them while you watch from the comfort of your home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

the_monkey wrote: »
    Hi,
    We have a wasp nest (yellow jackets) under a gazebo in the garden,

Colourful suggestions on how to remove ?

I was thinking of smoking the b*stards out .. but am afraid I'll set fire to the gazebo

Someone said soapy water is good, it drowns them and the soap coats the wings so they can't fly ...

Don't do the soapy water thing. They will just buzz around everywhere and a load of them will gather under the window...the buzzing will be deafening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doing anything to block a wasps nest will just have them making a new entrance, typically through the inside of the house.

I would assume wasps work along the same lines as bees, which means they can communicate danger, where it is, how to get to it and how much to sting it when they all get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭dmc17

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don't do the soapy water thing. They will just buzz around everywhere and a load of them will gather under the window...the buzzing will be deafening.

Where were you when we needed you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Wear a yellow and black jumper and hop around the garden , after a while the wasps will see you .Lead them out the gate and lock the gate after them.
    Make sure someone records you .

A gazebo ? Well la di dah.

Yes, wasps are rather partial to Gazebos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Kamik wrote: »
    Yes, wasps are rather partial to Gazebos :)
    Me to but I couldn't eat a whole one.......no wait that's the answer to I like dogs or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

It seems the wasps have won ... the nest is buzzing away with plenty of activity today .

I think I'll just leave it, they'll be dead from the cold in a month or 2 anyway ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    You poor stupid bastard... How in the hell did you think it was a good idea to throw water on a wasp nest?

all right calm down ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Wear a yellow and black jumper and hop around the garden , after a while the wasps will see you .Lead them out the gate and lock the gate after them.
    Make sure someone records you .

A gazebo ? Well la di dah.

Or wait till Beyonce comes to Ireland again,

when she leaves they will most like follow the queen bee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Hardware has some wasp killer spray. Wait till sundown and spray the muthas. Boxed off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭buried

All my neighbours are complaining about wasps and I haven't even seen one. I let my back garden go completely wild (or to $hit, whichever you prefer) during the summer, the lawn is a three foot high jungle of crazy insects and the hedge's are full of hawthorns, weeds, all that stuff, I've loads more birds, bees and butterflies though, could they be keeping the wasps away?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

It seems the wasps have won ... the nest is buzzing away with plenty of activity today .

I think I'll just leave it, they'll be dead from the cold in a month or 2 anyway ...

The foam, man. The FOAM!

A wasp stung me in work today , my hand hurts.

A wasp stung me in work today , my hand hurts.

Are you OK honey

• Advertisement

Are you OK honey

Honey is for bees , I killed the little bastardo , the three ****s I was working with pissed themselves laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭LoveChanel

Right time for some serious advice. OP get a plastic bag and at dark swoop the nest into the bag and tie it off quickly. Then throw it in the brown bin so the bin men get a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I was clearing out the back of garden last week and stood on a compost heap that contained a wasp nest, I got stung twice, twas not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

OP where are you based?
    Im a PestController.
    Ive all the equipment to get rid of the nest professionally.
    Pm if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Empty jamjars half filled with water, they are attracted to jam and when the land in the water they cant take off again.

if they are attracted to jam, what good is an empty jam jar half filled with water? do you think they can read the label? Ohhh wait, maybe it's homeopathetic ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Leave them be. If you only discovered it now chances are they're not really bothering you.

I discovered one a couple of years just out the back. I did a bit of (internet) research and decided to leave them alone, in return they left us alone. Unlike bees they abandon the nest at the end of the year and don't come back next year. You can take the empty nest down in the winter. A lot less hassle especially for the wasps. You're grand.

Oh yes I'm obviously one of them do-goody tree huggers etc bladibla. I don't care it works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

update ....

disaster , I tried the soapy water, now they are buzzing around everywhere and a section under a window is black with them, the sounds of buzzing is deafening ....

I just hope in the morning it looks better. ..
    Plastic 2 litre bottle, cut in half and stick top end upside down into bottom half.

Fill with 2 inches of vinegar, water and sugar.

Thats all you need to do.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pp0W5eMoo0A/TIueIF8W86I/AAAAAAAACOo/1icQ7hGTFiA/s1600/waspsphoto.jpg

Didnt you read that previous post, by the time he does that he'll be stung to death :pac:
    I think its too late anyway, they know what his game plan is now, they were prepared to live in peace, should have gone in for a complete strike or nothing at all.
    OP pack your bags and move out, its a dead loss.
    Guaranteed to work every time...

1. buy a water gun.
    2. fill it with petrol.
    3. squirt offending flying objects.
    4. throw lit match onto nest.
    Call fire brigade and let them throw water on them put you out while your family watch you watch and your home burn from the comfort of your home new home in the shed.

Lethal advice, lets hope no one does this :eek:
    LoveChanel wrote: »
    Right time for some serious advice. OP get a plastic bag and at dark swoop the nest into the bag and tie it off quickly. Then throw it in the brown bin so the bin men get a surprise!

Im sure I saw something like that on youtube, dont think it'll work, better to make some peace offerings of jam and hope they dont come and kick ass :pac:

LoveChanel wrote: »

Stung by a wasp or stung with a bill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i have had 4 wasps nest in attic of house last one was 3 weeks ago when getting roof tiles replaced,bloody nest as big as a footy,i use this but need to order from uk as cant find irl supplier.

Sorex Wasp Nest Destroyer =awesome power spray in very late evening.
    strangely enough local hardware store swears ant powder thrown on nest in late evening will kill the nest in a few hrs if you can get at it.
    first time i got stung 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Look it seems there's no easy way, and some of the methods sound pretty scary and kinda stingy hurty.
    I think your best bet would be to get a kilo no make it 5 kilos of semtex and just blow the whole fcukin street up. Thank You, hope this helps!
    p.s: you can buy semtex here>> http://www.securesearchinc.com/category/bulk-plastic-explosives-inert-simulants-for-c4-pe4-semtex-dm12/

Advertisement