Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

development inchicore village

Options
  • 22-08-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what's going up in Inchicore where they've demolished the older buildings? Beside the tanning place opposite spar..
    Its a pretty big site,I hope its something interesting that will enhance the place. Inchicore could really do with some new life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Was wondering that myself.Not much PP info online bar this zoning guideline for the site from 2006.Will probably just be more apartments.

It's a fairly big site that went along with those buildings going by the estate agents ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

You're probably right, it is a big site..goes right round the back of the other buildings and opening onto the street the other side. Probably apartments. I'd love somewhere to get a decent coffee! If the bistro didn't survive though I doubt any other place like it would. Pity, its a lovely little village. At least there are pedestrian lights now at the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Agreed dire need of a decent coffee shop. Coffee made by yer wan in the spar insomnia just isn't the same. Even Kilmainham lacks somewhere decent for coffee, perhaps with the hilton as an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

cgcsb wrote: »
    Agreed dire need of a decent coffee shop. Coffee made by yer wan in the spar insomnia just isn't the same. Even Kilmainham lacks somewhere decent for coffee, perhaps with the hilton as an exception.

The cafe opposite the jail does decent coffee.

I'd also like to be able to get a good coffee in Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Insomnia coffee is muck! And I've seen a few people find they've been pick pocketed when they go to pay in there.

Is that the lime tree or lime something? Will head there so, I'm usually up that way on Sundays and its closed, maybe its only open weekdays?
    I used to get a takeaway coffee from the bistro..nice coffee and the couple running the place were lovely, its such a pity they closed

I did spot a place off Emmet road with a French name I ll have to check that out.

oh well,I guess until the new place is built I can wishfully think good coffee might, be on its way to Inchicore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭cgcsb

True lime tree is nice but I work full time and they dont open beyond 9-5. 4 on Saturdays and close on Sundays.

Advertisement