Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Broadband

Options
  • 22-08-2014 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Munster Broadband are a great service for those in areas, where landline Broadband is not available, but the amount of downtime and problems with them is horrendous.
    I would advise people to stay away unless you have no other choice but to go with these guys. The service is down pretty much every weekend, and guess what? They dont work weekends so you cant even get their tech support to fix it, so for the last 4 weekends in a row it goes down Friday and I have service back on the Tuesday. I keep getting told we will put you on a new sector and there will be no problems, so they do this and its great for 1 - 2 weeks, then back to the very same thing.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post I just wanted to let others know what they would be getting in to if they decided to go with Munster Broadband.

Regards
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roynie

I had exactly the same with Ripplecom and left them as soon as I could. Vodafone mobile broadband is OK but a bit flakey occasionally. Three are crap but they have put satellite broadband in for me a couple of days ago, there is a little delay of a second or two before pages open. It's not too bad, but the jury is still out on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jvdrvd

I found them absolutely useless. They constantly text you that they're upgrading and servicing the system, and a very common reply when you ring them: "Oh, a technician will ring you back in the next few days". Weeks, months passed nothing happened no improvement. I stopped paying them and moved on to another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Roynie

I have been moved over to Digiweb as I have a satelitte dish. It was installed because I was in the NBS area but my mobile Broadband signal was crap. It didn't cost me anything but Digiweb wanted to increase my monthly payment. Consequently I rang them up and cancelled the contract. I was assured that it would be cancelled at the end of this month and that there would be no more payments taken from my bank. Yeah right, sure enough they have taken another payment so I now have to ring them on monday to do battle again - bastards!

Advertisement