Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TJ Reid hurleys????

• 22-08-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am going to get a hurley and I was told that T.J Reid makes them and they sound decent.Anyone know what they're like and what style I should get.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Depends on what you like really. Style etc...

Personally I'd go 20 mins more towards Waterford and get a Frank Murphy hurley or a Bourke, from Borris-Ileigh hurley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Depends on what you like really. Style etc...

Personally I'd go 20 mins more towards Waterford and get a Frank Murphy hurley or a Bourke, from Borris-Ileigh hurley.

Or stop and get one from a proven winning stock.

Or stop and get one from a proven winning stock.

Just because he's a good hurler doesn't mean he's a good Hurley maker.

Umpteen intercounty and former intercounty hurlers use Murphy while a half dozen Tipp hurlers use Bourke.

Just because he's a good hurler doesn't mean he's a good Hurley maker.

Umpteen intercounty and former intercounty hurlers use Murphy while a half dozen Tipp hurlers use Bourke.

And where does it say a good inter-county hurler cannot be a good hurley maker and as for the Tipp players using Bourke or whatever it still goes back to buy from TJ and you buy from a stock of proven winners.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

TJ Reid?
    I'd be more inclined to find out who makes Seamus Hickey's hurley myself.....

• Advertisement

And where does it say a good inter-county hurler cannot be a good hurley maker and as for the Tipp players using Bourke or whatever it still goes back to buy from TJ and you buy from a stock of proven winners.:rolleyes:

Michael Schumacher was the best racecar driver in the World. Does that mean he was the best mechanic, in the World?

Frank Murphy has I would imagine 50 odd years hurley making experience.

T.J. Reid was in WIT for 4 or 5 years and as far as I know he wasn't making his own hurleys during this time. He finished in 2006 as far as I know, if not 2007. If he started making hurleys straight out of college, he still has less than 1/5th of Frank Muprhy's experience.

I've used dozen's of Frank Murphy hurleys and 99% of them are the finest. I'm using Torpey, of Clare, at the moment.

Michael Schumacher was the best racecar driver in the World. Does that mean he was the best mechanic, in the World?

Frank Murphy has I would imagine 50 odd years hurley making experience.

T.J. Reid was in WIT for 4 or 5 years and as far as I know he wasn't making his own hurleys during this time. He finished in 2006 as far as I know, if not 2007. If he started making hurleys straight out of college, he still has less than 1/5th of Frank Muprhy's experience.

I've used dozen's of Frank Murphy hurleys and 99% of them are the finest. I'm using Torpey, of Clare, at the moment.

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Never actually used a tj hurl. Always preferred dowling star hurleys in town. Usually a lovely balance to them. Heard there can be a bit of a waiting list though. Not sure as i usually get them through Mark

Congratulations

Great reply.

Advertisement