Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likelihood of rechecks going up?

• 22-08-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

I didn't get my number 1 choice and I'm thinking about getting one or maybe even multiple rechecks. I wasn't even short on points my course was 530* and I got 530 I just wasn't randomly selected. So if I had just got 5 points more I would have been safe.

Down to my real question. How many people apply for rechecks and how many actually get upgraded?
    Is it worth the money?
    If anyone can help I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You won't know until you view your scripts.

9,000 sent back papers for recheck last year and 1,500 got upgraded. Now before you go - hey, that's quite a good chance of an upgrade, there are loads more who go to view their scripts and see that they are marked fairly and 'that A2 they were sure they were gonna get in Geography' was only worthy of the B2 they actually got, because when they viewed the paper and compared it to the marking scheme they realised the essay they wrote was a load of waffle and didn't contain any of the points contained in the marking scheme.

So check your papers, ideally with a teacher if you can get hold of one who will agree to come to the viewing with you and see how you fare out.

Advertisement