Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new york visa graduate visa j1

Options
  • 22-08-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I got to New York a couple of weeks ago on the year visa. Came by myself, managed to find accommodation in Brooklyn but its right above a niteclub and a noisy subway (the apartment is like right underneath the subway) place is a little creepy. On the job front, I have applied for 40+ jobs and haven't heard back from anywhere yet. I'm at my wits end and am feeling very down and am considering just going home. I spent a good bit of money coming here, gave up a lot to come and would possibly regret leaving after less than two weeks here but I feel so miserable. The thought of going home isn't a whole lot better. I don't know what to do tbh.

Any thoughts or anything would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

40+? Complain when it's 400+. Life is what you make it. You've obviously worked hard to get to the stage where you're at, don't fall down now.

You seriously need to stick it out for at least another month or two. Make sure you have a daily routine that incorporates resume sending / job hunting EVERY day, plus exercise daily and eat healthily (to keep you mentally well, motivated and get you out of the apartment). Look around to join some groups maybe (based on your common interests).

Anything worthwhile has to be fought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

What field of work are you looking for OP?

Advertisement