Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gateway Student Accommodation. Strict?

• 22-08-2014 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey lads.
    Just a few questions about the Gateway Student Village for DCU.
    How strict are they about overnight guests?
    Can you sneak them in before 10 or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

Planning on a bit of riding yeah ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ainevarley

Aarong9224 wrote: »
    Planning on a bit of riding yeah ? ;)

Ara a lady never tells. Any info on the question and I might though ;)

ainevarley wrote: »
    Ara a lady never tells. Any info on the question and I might though ;)
    :rolleyes: Im staying in shanowen in this year from what i heard it can be strict enough but not as strict as on campus. also someone in another thread said this
    I lived there for my three out of four years of college. The first two were fine the management were grand. The third year was hell. The place got booked out for the first time, this resulted in the management getting too big for their boots and ignoring simple requests such as putting up curtains/blinds. They limited the Internet to 3gb a day pp. They have now also installed Pinergy. I'd stay well clear of here, go shanowen, dcu campus if you can get college Park or rent a house. Their prices have gone up ridiculously high. When I first went there in first year it was 4,800 including bills now it's over 6000 and you've to look after your own electricity and be very limited with the Internet.

so take what ya want from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ainevarley

Aarong9224 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: Im staying in shanowen in this year from what i heard it can be strict enough but not as strict as on campus. also someone in another thread said this
    I lived there for my three out of four years of college. The first two were fine the management were grand. The third year was hell. The place got booked out for the first time, this resulted in the management getting too big for their boots and ignoring simple requests such as putting up curtains/blinds. They limited the Internet to 3gb a day pp. They have now also installed Pinergy. I'd stay well clear of here, go shanowen, dcu campus if you can get college Park or rent a house. Their prices have gone up ridiculously high. When I first went there in first year it was 4,800 including bills now it's over 6000 and you've to look after your own electricity and be very limited with the Internet.

so take what ya want from that.

Yeah everywhere else is booked out so I will have to stick with it :o

Yeah much better than having nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭CathalC2011

Yeah I'm in the same boat :/ The rooms are alright, I've already moved half my **** in. When are you planning to move out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

From what I've heard, they usually won't really notice overnight guests, unless you're making an obscene amount of noise, security won't bother you. You can generally sneak them in at anytime in Gateway. Campus is by far the worst, there's no way you're getting an overnight guest in after the gates close, well unless they're willing to jump the gates :P

Advertisement