Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options for changing from Phone watch

Options
  • 22-08-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,
    We are currently have a P.w monitored alarm, and are going to change providers.
    I had a local company up to look at the current set up and to give me some options.
    Option 1 is too replace the current Control box (International Concord ) with a Simon xt box and some new wireless keypads as old ones wont work with simon xt.
    Option 2 would be to replace a processor chip in the current control box and use current wireless key pads.
    Currently we have 3 wireless door sensors 9 x wireless window (shock?) sensors 2 x Wireless internal Pir sensors
    1 x wireless fire alarm 1 x wired internal alarm bell and 1 x wireless pir/heat /movement? sensor in the garage.

I am hoping to put an additional sensor in another shed and a wireless keypad so I can leave the garage + shed part armed while we are in house also looking at getting a wired external bell box installed.

What is your opinion on the Simon Xt, is it a good unit or would I be better looking at getting a different control panel, if I went for a different control panel would I have to change all sensors to suit?

I would like to think I am up to speed on modern technologies but to be fair I think I am turning into my Da.. I would like the option to access the alarm via smart phone/ tablet.
    any advice or other options I can ask for ? If it helps We are based in Monaghan.

Thanks.
    kris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The simon xt is a grand panel and will be making its way back onto the irish market in the coming months under a different installation company.
    unfortunetly it will not support your existing sensors so i dont know what your installer is planning. The simon xt uses 868mhz while the concord uses 433.92mhz and the odd 319.5mhz. Unless he plans to import a simon xt from the states. Are you certain he said simon xt and not simon 3 ?

you could use the HKC 10/70 panel with aritech quik bridges and the new GSM SC which allows you to be notified and allows control of the system through an app for €7.99 per month which covers the data charges. If your sensors are healthy i dont see why you shouldnt keep them.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

Righto..just re checked email.., yup, supply + install simon xt panel..?
    So my current sensors won't work with xt panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Optimum wrote: »
    Righto..just re checked email.., yup, supply + install simon xt panel..?
    So my current sensors won't work with xt panel?

They cant. Unless GE are making simon xt panels that support 433mhz sensors.

Advertisement