Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water charges and yards/liveries...

Options
  • 22-08-2014 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

What is going to happen here then?

I keep my horses on rented land, I'm currently using several sources of water.
    The grazing is mostly serviced by the river, with the exception of 2 acres, there is a spigot tap in there that I used to fill a bath (not sure if it is coming from a well or the pumphouse on the river but its not mains anyway)

There is a rainwater collection tank at the stables also but I do use the pressurised water from the taps on the yard for washing.

Its just that my landowner has started installing spigot taps everywhere :p got me curious really. His house would be on mains water but the yard is not. What sort of charges are going to come into effect (and be passed down :rolleyes: )

I guess most yards/liveries are going to come under as business owners???
    I can't see anything about agriculture...

On the Irish Water website there are charges under 'assessed charges' stated like;

''Taps & drinking troughs three troughs or more €1,039''

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's going to cripple a lot of yard owners, that's for sure. Especially with bigger yards, with all the drinkers. I think there will be a big increase in the sale of buckets and extra spouting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

I know they say a horse needs or can drink up to 50l a day, and I did find over this summer at least, 3 of mine were drinking a bath daily or at least in 48 hours, 150 litres of water. If it was from a supply with a metre, that's really going to add up...

They are fussy as well, in general they don't like the water from the rainwater collection tank.

Advertisement