Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Spring Rolls

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Totally looking forward to you having children lol

Thank you. However my partner and I have decided not to have children until the second half of 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Thank you. However my partner and I have decided not to have children until the second half of 2017.

Better get the spring rolls in before hand ;)

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I earn enough money that I am not forced to buy cheaply from the large discounters.

Give us some of your food...PLEASE!!! Were eating out of Aldi ffs, have a heart!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Took a chance on LIDL korma sauce for 79c and let's just say I went back and bought 12 jars!! It is to die for!! Unreal! Boil a few potatoes and some veg / Quorn chicken pieces cover in sauce and voila!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I agree OP their spring rolls are delcious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The Chunky Haddock in Batter from Lidl is excellent. Much better than any other frozen fish I've had. Better than all the named brands and own brand top range. I haven't had the breadcrumbed version or any of the cod. They're Ocean Trader brand (Blue Box.) The fish is caught in the North Atlantic Ocean. It's made in the UK. The ingredients are listed as "Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Wheat."

I do actually wonder what the catch is given they're so tasty and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jaysus folks, realise it's a joke and laugh with them, and you're see that's it's actually quite funny. Picture a stereotype with a monocle if it helps.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    The Chunky Haddock in Batter from Lidl is excellent. Much better than any other frozen fish I've had. Better than all the named brands and own brand top range. I haven't had the breadcrumbed version or any of the cod. They're Ocean Trader brand (Blue Box.) The fish is caught in the North Atlantic Ocean. It's made in the UK. The ingredients are listed as "Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Wheat."

I do actually wonder what the catch is given they're so tasty and cheap.

One of the few other things I've had is the fish in batter, savage alright, now that I know I'd say it's the Mustard that does it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

humanji wrote: »
    Jaysus folks, realise it's a joke and laugh with them, and you're see that's it's actually quite funny. Picture a stereotype with a monocle if it helps.

. . .dont forget the silk smoking jacket!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

uch wrote: »
    One of the few other things I've had is the fish in batter, savage alright, now that I know I'd say it's the Mustard that does it

Was that Aldi fish or Lidl fish? I have no Aldi near me.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Was that Aldi fish or Lidl fish? I have no Aldi near me.

Don't know to be honest, just try them all !

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Pwindedd wrote: »
    . . .dont forget the silk smoking jacket!

Well that goes without saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

humanji wrote: »
    Well that goes without saying.

Mines in the cleaners, fecking lost without it!

Pwindedd wrote: »
    Mines in the cleaners, fecking lost without it!

Smoke in the Nip, very emancipating altogether. No need for leather shoes or bags

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

the silk smoking jacket!

I don't think this is the right place to be talking about condoms.

In regards to Aldi spring-rolls, yes they are kind of nice but you have got to cut out that processed food, not good for ye folks.

Processed = bloatiness and ultra-fart situations.

Non-processed = belch, and good for you and the person sitting next to you.

But do they taste nice ? I think they do, but if you knew what was added into this processed stuff, you would puke. Enjoy.

Waffle ended...Time: 01:31 23/08/2014.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

Can't beat a bit of Aldi frozen food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I never buy these arguments. I work long hours on the cutting edge of European Finance. I can assure you, its a busy job, with long hours. Yet I ALWAYS find the time to cook healthily with actual food, and have time to exercise and keep in good shape. Granted I don't have children, but its not like they can take up too much time considering how early they go to bed.

In my experience when people say they don't have enough time as an excuse for eating that kind of crap its just an excuse for laziness.

If you ALWAYS find time to cook how come you poor wifey does it.
    And listen, word of advice here, if you plan to have kids in 2017 best have sex in the last quarter of 2016...see what I did there? I included a reference to the cutting edge of European Finance. Do you mean your a cashier in a hairdresser's in Berlin?

I don't think this is the right place to be talking about condoms.

In regards to Aldi spring-rolls, yes they are kind of nice but you have got to cut out that processed food, not good for ye folks.

Processed = bloatiness and ultra-fart situations.

Non-processed = belch, and good for you and the person sitting next to you.

But do they taste nice ? I think they do, but if you knew what was added into this processed stuff, you would puke. Enjoy.

Waffle ended...Time: 01:31 23/08/2014.

I Used to work in a slaughterhouse, I don't eat Beef, everything else is fair game:eek:

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

If it was down to pure survival after a near extinction event, folk would eat us.

A man/woman's got to eat. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Watched a documentary about eating red meat on BBC the other night.They reckon eating a steak or a burger twice a month is grand.Anything more and you're shortening your life by a few years.

They recommended avoiding processed red meat (ham,rashers,sausages,salami etc) altogether because of cancer risk.

Scary stuff as I eat meat with most meals currently,will seriously be cutting down and eating more vegi and fish meals!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Watched a documentary about eating red meat on BBC the other night.They reckon eating a steak or a burger twice a month is grand.Anything more and you're shortening your life by a few years.

They recommended avoiding processed red meat (ham,rashers,sausages,salami etc) altogether because of cancer risk.

Scary stuff as I eat meat with most meals currently,will seriously be cutting down and eating more vegi and fish meals!

Think I'll opt for the steak and rashers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I went into an Aldi once and ate everything in the Aldi and they had to close the Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If I was to choose what I'd want wrapped up in pastry, it wouldn't be spring.

It be some chicken with cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Yeah your missin the 'straight to wok noodles'...
    Chop up a few fillets of chicken, brown them in D old wok, throw in the noodles add the sauce(of which a selection is available)annnnnnd WOLLA, chicken chow mein noodles:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I went into an Aldi once and ate everything in the Aldi and they had to close the Aldi.

Ahhhhhh ha ha..
    Love these 5 can post's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

If you think eating high-fat, high-simple carb, pre-made, frozen and full-of-additives spring rolls is a good idea, then knock yourself out.

Personally I would make my own Fresh Vietnamese Shrimp rolls using freshly bought ingredients from my local Asian goods store and vegetable market. They taste much better, are much healthier and you won't feel disgusting after, like you do with cheap nasty pre-made food.

The most pretentious unthankable post I have ever read. Even your high horse is sick of carrying you.

Edit: sorry, I jumped the gun a bit soon without reading your other posts. Your life is quite interesting. Please tell me what you use to wipe your arse. Fresh tea leaves from the nepalese forests? Or is your diet so efficient, you produce no waste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

The most pretentious unthankable post I have ever read.

Not even close...read some of his other posts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Can't beat a bit of Aldi frozen food.

I can only ever handle a lidl bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

osarusan wrote: »
    Not even close...read some of his other posts!

I post in an honest fashion on these boards. The fact that you and others find them pretentious is a typical manifestation of your jealousy and begrudgery. Don't worry, I'm well used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I post in an honest fashion on these boards. The fact that you and others find them pretentious is a typical manifestation of your jealousy and begrudgery. Don't worry, I'm well used to it.

I like your style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Manifestations of jealousy and begrudgery eh? Better call Ghostbusters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Insulting someone for saying they've got money, education, a good job and the fact they like cooking from scratch is no different from insulting someone for being on the dole, school drop-out, unemployed and eats convenience food.
    Let's not all attack someone for being the way they are.

I've not tried those Aldi Spring Rolls, but I think I will!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not sure about the hand rolled spring rolls but I agree with most of his points, Aldi is absolutely cat! Awful, awful "food".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not sure about the hand rolled spring rolls but I agree with most of his points, Aldi is absolutely cat! Awful, awful "food".

A lot of their stuff is really nice. And don't forget, well-known companies are manufacturing a lot of produce for Aldi. E.G, Aldi's McGrath tea is made by Robert Roberts and their yogurts are made by Glenisk.

There is some things I don't like, though, such as the majority of their wine and their cream crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sure where else would you go for milk and bananas and come home with a snorkel and set of spanners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Yet I ALWAYS find the time to cook healthily with actual food, and have time to exercise and keep in good shape.

You said your partner cooks for you a lot because of your long hours. So, no, clearly you don't always find the time.

Ah gawd, your posts give me lulz. Keep it up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

I wouldn't shop in an Aldi.

Apologies that I misunderstood the question.

Lidl, Canadian Lobster is very pleasant.

I know different place but there pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Well played Von Bismarck, very well played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭peadar76

D'ya know what is really tasty and for some reason you can't get it in Aldi or Supervalu anymore..........Silverhill crispy duck with pancakes and hoisin sauce, or any of their prepared range for the matter. The only choice available from Silverhill now is pre-packed uncooked duck breast, which is a shame imo.

I think dunnes still do silverhill cooked duck

• Advertisement
Advertisement