Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maxillofacial surgery

Options
  • 23-08-2014 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

I am 17 and have just got braces with my medical card. I was talking to my dentist about my facial asymmetry. My chin goes off to one side and I am very consious of it in photos etc. She mentioned after my teeth get more alligned that they will see what they can do. My question is do you think it will get covered my my medical card like my braces or not? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭got2meearlier

Long shot but did you ever get any further info with this? I have a 16 yo daughter who has just been told she could go down the route of maxillofacial surgery. Would like to hear from anyone who has looked into this. I assume we would need to go private but am not sure it is worth the length and depth of work and recovery? It sounds quite sore and a lengthy process!

Advertisement