Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord wants to increase rent

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

He can't raise the rent for a year, he's taking the piss - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/rent_increases.html

Just in regard to this, if my ll says she's increasing the rent and I say it cant be reviewed for a year but she says it was reviewed a year ago under the previous tenant can I get her to prove that or is it an unfortunate loophole?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

_oveless_ wrote: »
    Just in regard to this, if my ll says she's increasing the rent and I say it cant be reviewed for a year but she says it was reviewed a year ago under the previous tenant can I get her to prove that or is it an unfortunate loophole?

The previous tenant has nothing to do with your tenancy*; she should have taken the opportunity to review the rent on the change of tenants.

*Assuming the landlord didn't do the paperwork with regards to a deed of re-assignment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The time to have checked out the BER situation was before you move in, not after.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

_oveless_ wrote: »

When you moved in, was there a total change of tenants, or did you perhaps take over a room in a shared house with other people who had been there longer? What paperwork did you sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is incorrect. All houses and apartments rented after January 1st 2009 require a BER cert to be compliant with the european directive.

I stand corrected. Thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement