Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOmega Screenplay Plus HD 1TB

Options
  • 23-08-2014 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi all, I have the above player for a couple of years now and I'm having problems playing mkv and some mp4 files. I have searched online for this a to be honest just keep ending up on websites where I'm being sold certain software that will fix it. Is there a fix for this?? mkv is becoming increasingly popular so if there was an easy fix for this I would be extremely grateful. I really don't want to have to convert all mkv/mp4 files as its it's quiet time consuming. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions?? Thanks very much for all replies suggestions.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Buy a cheap laptop with HDMI port or Chromecast them from an Android phone.
    I had the same issue & used to convert to avi, in the end I picked up an old laptop in work & that does the trick with the correct codecs.
    Using Media Player Classic you can also adjust the audio if it goes out of sync which many do.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

I've tried that before but do you not find that the quality suffers?? I think it was wishful thinking hoping that there would be a simple fix. It seems to be quite a common problem with no solution. The search continues, but thanks so much for the reply, greatly appreciated.

Advertisement