Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water (US) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Foxtrol wrote: »
    What sort of move was that? I'm all for blindsiding stronger players but it's madness when you have nothing solid set up going forward and could easily end up without the numbers after the vote (only 4 solid with 5 others left who you've screwed over in the last two votes).

Once again showing Jon has no idea what he's doing!

Just goes to show what an unintelligent player Jon is,much like last week's less than strategic move.Confirmed at tribal that he simply was miffed Jacyln was been frozen out by the frat pack.Can't see the ultimate flip floppers Jon and Jacyln progressing deep into the game.Nonsensical to abandon their solid core alliance...

Enjoyed the reward challenge with Jacyln getting all dirty...lol.Loved Wes's quote re not wanting to become a hashtag blindside member...did'nt think he'd be the most techy dude.

Pretty low of Reed to go searching Keith's bag.:( Hard to pick a winner at this stage,much less I care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,568 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's such a petty this years group are so bad as I think the challenges are some of the best yet.

I really couldn't careless who wins this season.

I don't see an underdog or a villian to care for or dislike enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Nathalie has actually grown on me a lot. I think she's played a decent game although I'm not sure if her dramatic gestures were the wisest of moves. I don't think she'll win it though and even more so after he biggest ally leaving.

Even though all 3 look like they're in a poor position after this weeks episode I still think it's between Missy, John and Jaclyn.

We'll see how they fill in the missing pieces of this weeks episode next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

good move alround, a strong player out, would have liked to see him around longer, was sure keith was gonna dig out his idol which would have been great for the two J's but he held his nerve and kept his powder dry, next week should be interesting. I love how shifty they all look when asked is any one has an immunity idol !! Reed was snakey rooting the bag but alls fair etc, the gesture was a good move (well for one of them anyhow) i like Natalie, didnt at the start, for me it was a small improvement in quality episode, I've two kids hooked big time (7 & 10) this is there second series

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

Well Keith big mouth got his son voted out. Good episode. I enjoyed it. And 2 hours next week. Woo woo.
    Hope its not a recap thing or reflection ...hate that stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Keith you nincompoop!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

noveltea wrote: »
    Well Keith big mouth got his son voted out. Good episode. I enjoyed it. And 2 hours next week. Woo woo.
    Hope its not a recap thing or reflection ...hate that stuff

Doubt they could get 5 minutes of a recap episode so you can forget about it being two hours!

Keith is so stupid. A very small part of me felt he might have been playing the stupid hick card so no one suspect him but I was seriously wrong.

Have a feeling the rest of the season could be a bit of a mess with people hopping all over the place from vote to vote. That could at least keep it a bit interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Good challenge, great Tribal.

I'd like to see Reed win it now as he seems to be the only player with a tactical brain and he was very impressive in the challenge.

Gutted that the blindside did'nt go down,Jon is such an over rated player...He'd never have played his HII in spite of the clueless Keith dropping the ball so blatantly.Nadiya saved his bacon.
    Reed was very unlucky that his big move did'nt come off,he'll have to do a lot of scrambling to progress deep into the game.
    How ridiculous was it for the reward winners to be gorging on ice cream in front of the children?Hand out the token baseball equipment and a few boxes of popcorn as Survivor ambassadors .....
    Another HII found lying around by Nadiya :( Decent episode,looking forward to the season finale.

It's Nathalie that's still in the game, not Nadiya, and she's playing a very good game too considering her fellow twinnie got booted out first.

She's made some smart and calculated decisions and she's really grown on me overall. Can't say she's not got a tactical brain and it's easy to see her influence on the game.

- offering to go with Baylor to exile island has really paid off by cementing her position with Missy and now she has her hands on an idol as a direct result
    - she knew exactly what she was doing when she got Jaclyn riled up over the boys behaviour which swung the entire game back in her favour
    - she easily could have flipped out and turned her back on her fellow alliance members after last weeks blind side but has kept calm and rational. she's definitely acting based on her head and not her heart
    - she prompted john about the blind side this week even though she has him on her radar. she had the awareness to spot what was happening and she picked the right course of action

all this and she still remains massively under the radar unlike your johns and your reeds

Anyway, this season has been a lot more interesting post merge. There's clearly a lot of people there who don't know how to play the game in a strategic manner but this changes the dynamics of the game a little.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    It's Nathalie that's still in the game, not Nadiya, and she's playing a very good game too considering her fellow twinnie got booted out first.

She's made some smart and calculated decisions and she's really grown on me overall. Can't say she's not got a tactical brain and it's easy to see her influence on the game.

- offering to go with Baylor to exile island has really paid off by cementing her position with Missy and now she has her hands on an idol as a direct result
    - she knew exactly what she was doing when she got Jaclyn riled up over the boys behaviour which swung the entire game back in her favour
    - she easily could have flipped out and turned her back on her fellow alliance members after last weeks blind side but has kept calm and rational. she's definitely acting based on her head and not her heart
    - she prompted john about the blind side this week even though she has him on her radar. she had the awareness to spot what was happening and she picked the right course of action

all this and she still remains massively under the radar unlike your johns and your reeds

Anyway, this season has been a lot more interesting post merge. There's clearly a lot of people there who don't know how to play the game in a strategic manner but this changes the dynamics of the game a little.
    Mea culpa re Nathalie, agree that she's more under the radar than Reed and Jon,not too sure if she'll win the million bucks though.:)

I don't think she'll win it either. I still think it's either Jon or Jaclyn that's going to win it.

Jaclyn/Missy/Baylor final 3 with Jon taking all the heat away from Jaclyn up until final 4.

I finally had to give in and watch this...

RED TEAM GO!!!!! BLUE TEAM GO!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Was Missy the only one not to get something out of the IC. At least Nathalie had the foresight to get something when she knew the game was up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Seriously though worst season ever. Besides Reed the rest are goddam idiots, Keith got his son kicked out with his thickness, how dumb is he

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

seligehgit wrote: »
    How ridiculous was it for the reward winners to be gorging on ice cream in front of the children?Hand out the token baseball equipment and a few boxes of popcorn as Survivor ambassadors ....
    Yeah what the hell was that? The little kid was begging for the food, it wasnt cute at all, they couldn't have stretched to a crate of ice cream for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Pretty by the numbers 2 hours. Would have been interesting if Jon didn't win immunity. Hopefully next week shakes things up.

In a more important area - that pink bikini...

Can't end quick enough, the second vote off was somewhat satisfying if only for Natalie's keeping Keith in the game but she more than likely went from a top 3 to bottom 3 spot.

Probst might as well be angling for a spot at final tribal considering how masterfully he stoked the flames at the reward challenge, bold strategy but it could come back to haunt him if indeed he does get to plead his case to the jury.

Gutted that Keith did'nt pull off the IC win,he's very decent at same.More perplexed why Nathalie did'nt entertain blindsiding Jacyln when Jon won the IC?
    It has been an utterly forgettable season.
    Could still be a final 3 of Nathalie,Baylor and Missy if Keith tags along and wins a few ICs.Sick to the teeth of these HIIs popping up.makes a joke/devalues the worth of same.

Very odd move by Nathalie. I think she should have stuck with the plan an try take another shot at John next week. Now he's going to be suspicious and has the idol in his back pocket.

Agree that they need a put an end to exile island and the HII that keeps on replenishing over there. Although I doubt that we'll be seeing it back in play after John is forced to play it.

They were two pretty poor episodes to put back to back but this lull was inevitable really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Had 3 episodes to catch up on so late coming back here been avoiding this area of board s. I was really rooting for Reeds blindside on Jon. pity Keith screwed the pooch on that one and only for giving Jon the nod to use the idol he would have pulled it off would have Made for interesting next episode. Writing was on the wall then for Reed to go after Wes. Natalie getting Alec out last episode was a good move to set the cat among the pigeons the faces on the rest - priceless. I much prefer the stamina games for immunity I think it s really telling those that hang on. Only for Jon winning immunity he avoided another blindside, surely his luck had gotta run out soon

Honestly its got to the stage where I actually want John to win, if only cause the rest are idiots to keep sending him to exile island, its like come on guys :confused: I really have a disliking for Missy, she is such a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

astonaidan wrote: »
    Honestly its got to the stage where I actually want John to win, if only cause the rest are idiots to keep sending him to exile island, its like come on guys :confused: I really have a disliking for Missy, she is such a tool

It's easy to talk strategy in a comfy chair. Honestly, nobody wants to spend 2 whole days on their own in the cold with no food. While it might make more sense to send somebody else, whoever you send is going to resent it so that has to factor in.

Yeah, Missy was all eager to accept the 'challenge win' given she had yet to win one yet you never see her offer to got to EI.

Reeds exit interviews finally shined more light on the Jeremy blind-side.

Cant stand Missy either, all the divorces don't surprise me at all.

I want Natalie to win it now purely because she's the only one Ive seen calling John out for being the massive fake that he is, the wine, the smug soppy crap with Jacqueline and now the sob stories, I hate when a character like this appears in survivor and everyone automatically makes him number one, must be an American thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Possible Spoiler for Next Season...
    If the not-so-cryptic messages on his twitter are anything to go by it looks like Russell Hantz may be headed back in to the game

Please, please, please be true!!!

EDIT: Actually more likely a Season 31/32 Spoiler if anything...

Possible Spoiler for Next Season...
    If the not-so-cryptic messages on his twitter are anything to go by it looks like Russell Hantz may be headed back in to the game

Please, please, please be true!!!

EDIT: Actually more likely a Season 31/32 Spoiler if anything...
    Who cares if he or she does come back, they'll never be allowed to win, same for Rupert. Could be time for another all-stars though.

I was watching old Survivor clips on Youtube the other night and it occured to me that scavenging for food used to be such a big part of it, remember the way they used to freak out over a fruit tree near their camp or the fishing gear or a canoe or catching a shark/killing a pig/winning a chicken coop etc, it doesn't even get mentioned these days, just cups of rice. Same for building the shelter, not even mentioned anymore either, just them lying around moaning. There used to be a great reward challenge aswell where Home Depot would give them a big toolbox and they had to build the best shelter, Rupert and Geri and the rest ended up sleeping in a flooded hole in the ground :D

They need to bring stuff like that back into it, every episode is too similar these days and they all blur into one...

Just realised, was there no Survivor Auction this season? This really has been the worst ever...

Kirby wrote: »
    It's easy to talk strategy in a comfy chair. Honestly, nobody wants to spend 2 whole days on their own in the cold with no food. While it might make more sense to send somebody else, whoever you send is going to resent it so that has to factor in.

Ah now sending a guy whos really eager to go there makes no sense, especially after he already found a idol. He pretty much has total dominance over the tribe and Missy christ most annoying one ever, Baylor was being a tool and Reed rightly called her on it

The show hasn't been about scrambling for food or building a shelter for some time though. I'm not sure if it'd ever return to those days or if it even needs to. Nobody was lamenting these things earlier this year when Tony & Spencer were going head to head.

This season has been poor as it's too difficult to cast new interesting pairs in a Blood versus Water season. They'll have learned there lesson and it won't be happening again.

I still don't think it's THAT bad a season. Just nowhere near it's high standard. Just like this years Big Brother US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I still don't think it's THAT bad a season. Just nowhere near it's high standard. Just like this years Big Brother US.

Me neither. It's still watchable. In my opinion no season will ever be worse than the year Boston Rob won.

Advertisement