Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment problems

Options
  • 23-08-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi.
    I've been living in this apartment for about 3 weeks. When i came to view it the landlord had windows open as he was washing the windows (point is relevant) the apartment was fine when viewing like nothing a few throws wouldn't fix.
    Few days later met landlord outside apartment for deposit and rent.
    So this is where problems began i went into the apartment and there was a smell opened all windows couldnt stay long felt ill. Came back with cleaning supplies spent 8 hours there cleaning (no joke) I thought apartment would be somewhat cleaned as he was cleaning windows foolish me.
    Smell still there put on extractor fan when cooking yesterday found out where smell was coming from. Apartment from hell coming up i got my bicarbonate soda and water ready thanks to aggie and kim. Fan is riddled with grease took off extractor fan and THESE MUSHROOMY LOOKING THINGS WERE IN THERE!! In the filter wtf spent 2 hours scrubbing fan still is grease found a cupboard ontop of fan had jars in there from 2008! Ontop of presses is grease with a newspaper page from 2010!!
    Minor problems is freezer in fridge doesnt work had to throw loads of food out even thawed it out to see if it work!
    Would i be well in my rights to break contract if he doesn't fix it? I gave up on extractor fan its not my problem not going near press just threw out jars! 8 hours was spent just cleaning shell of apartment not moving in stuff! I also have a little baby to think of

Advertisement