Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

having your online gambling not appear in your bank a/c

• 23-08-2014 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hey all

i've seen a few posts on here in the past regarding this

but just looking for a bit of advice really

looks like i'll be going for a mortgage at some time in the forseeable future

i dont want them seeing my deposits and withdrawls from betting

what do people find is the best way to avoid this?

3v card?

i heard mention of an online paypal type deal too

anyone else have this concern in the past and what was their experience like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I use moneybookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

yabadabado wrote: »
    I use moneybookers

how do you find it?

ayatollah wrote: »
    how do you find it?
    no problems so far.fast deposit and withdrawal .
    There is a thread here somewhere about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

+1 on moneybookers. Just shows up on your statement that it was them, not to who you paid recieved from etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ya what but what would your excuse be for numerous weekly transactions to Moneybookers?

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Ya what but what would your excuse be for numerous weekly transactions to Moneybookers?

Online shopping ,most online retailers accept it.I'm sure the banks are well aware what its mostly used for.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Online shopping ,most online retailers accept it.I'm sure the banks are well aware what its mostly used for.

And the lodgments are for returns? I say the bank know if there are numerous back and forth transactions from Moneybookers though depends on the amounts, doubt they care if they are small amounts but 100's going in and out of ones account in a week would surely be obvious

Warper wrote: »
    And the lodgments are for returns? I say the bank know if there are numerous back and forth transactions from Moneybookers though depends on the amounts, doubt they care if they are small amounts but 100's going in and out of ones account in a week would surely be obvious

Its not ideal but still the best way if you want to use multiple accounts.I guess the banks know exactly what moneybookers is used for.
    I suppose you could get the moneybookers card and that way you could withdraw from ATM without the banks knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Why not just walk into a pp and lodge cash into your online account, if you want to withdraw winnings just pop in and collect, simple nobody knows your business

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why not just walk into a pp and lodge cash into your online account, if you want to withdraw winnings just pop in and collect, simple nobody knows your business

No good if you have multiple accounts. Why take a shorter price with PP if there are superior prices available elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Might not be worth anything but what I've done recently is when I've deposited its been for an amount with .99c on the end of it, eg. 19.99 instead of 20. At least make it look like it's something being bought online.

Might not be worth anything but what I've done recently is when I've deposited its been for an amount with .99c on the end of it, eg. 19.99 instead of 20. At least make it look like it's something being bought online.

Ya was thinking that. You could set up a separate bank account with debit card which is used specifically for gambling. You could transfer money in/out when needed plus it would be easy to track you profit/loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Suck it up for 6-12 months and do not have anything gambling related on your current account, credit or debit.

Use the Powers cash card and accept inferior odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Moneybookers (skrill) and paysafe card lads.

You buy the paysafe credit on a receipt same as you buy phone credit in a load of shops (centra across from me sell it so I assume all centras do). You pay this into skrill and from skrill you move it around the bookies. You get an ATM card from Skrill and withdraw you millions from there :pac:

Never touches a bank, credit or debit account just you skrill, paysafe card..... and of course the bookies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Moneybookers (skrill) and paysafe card lads.

You buy the paysafe credit on a receipt same as you buy phone credit in a load of shops (centra across from me sell it so I assume all centras do). You pay this into skrill and from skrill you move it around the bookies. You get an ATM card from Skrill and withdraw you millions from there :pac:

Never touches a bank, credit or debit account just you skrill, paysafe card..... and of course the bookies :)

What's the story with their charges though? Surely there has to be some charges? Sorry I haven't looked at the site yet just wondering if you knew!

paulb06 wrote: »
    What's the story with their charges though? Surely there has to be some charges? Sorry I haven't looked at the site yet just wondering if you knew!

yeah they have charges but I don't think it's too much. Prob between 2 - 5 % I used credit card before for transferring across paypal to skrill. I read on here after about paysafe card then signed up to it. I aim to use it for transactions I can't use skrill for to keep the credit card to minimal use.

If the % they charge is too high I won't bother though. Haven't really looked at it proper yet.

I know from signing up to skrill that paysafe card is definitely one of the methods accepted by them. Better to get hit for a small percent than having gambling on the credit card history I guess.

If it's as high as 5%, and you are actually winning money, the Powers cash card is definitely an option. 5% is a pretty big edge for anyone to think they have.

Not saying what you are doing isn't at least as effective btw, it obviously works for you.

Bateman wrote: »
    If it's as high as 5%, and you are actually winning money, the Powers cash card is definitely an option. 5% is a pretty big edge for anyone to think they have.

Not saying what you are doing isn't at least as effective btw, it obviously works for you.

I know what you mean man but I just meant in the sense of topping up and building from there e.g. depost 50 and pay the 2.50 or whatever it costs to deposit then build from there. If you are topping up regularly from scratch then defo you will notice the commission build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

Do you not realise that bank staff read boards..........

peppa 1986 wrote: »
    Do you not realise that bank staff read boards..........

****, I must remove my user name from my personal details on my bank account.....

• Advertisement

If you are gambling unsustainably (ie losing a fair bit) it will be hard to disguise it either way

Bateman wrote: »
    If you are gambling unsustainably (ie losing a fair bit) it will be hard to disguise it either way

Exactly. The money going out will have the application disqualified no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

****, I must remove my user name from my personal details on my bank account.....

Lol'd so hard. Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

How far back in time generally to avoid the banks noticing your gambling history?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sarkakos

bateman has right power of cash card!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭shmeee

Paysafe, skrill account and skrill atm MasterCard. Never go near a bank account again!

shmeee wrote: »
    Paysafe, skrill account and skrill atm MasterCard. Never go near a bank account again!

Seems to be a bit of a charge 5.5% to upload through Paysafe? Any other way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 farniel

UKASH vouchers are accepted by all of the big bookies. Just buy a voucher for whatever amount in Centra (cash only) and deposit directly into your bookies's account online directly. Job done. No history whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭darka78

Has anyone been refused mortgage because of gambling history on their accounts?

• Advertisement

Seems to be a bit of a charge 5.5% to upload through Paysafe? Any other way around this?

Not that I know of. Again it's only on uploading and I upload a lump at a time and withdrawing then is 1.80e per transaction with the atm card up to 250e in a 24 hour period. Or if not in a hurry for instant cash just withdraw to bank account. Again a charge on that.

I find it the handiest method so far for me anyway.

The only free upload to the bookies through skrill is directly from bank account to skrill to bookies using the bookies site to do it. Just passes through skrill is all and doesn't lodge there so no charge.

Hard to avoid charges if you don't want to go near banks. These crowds have to make money someway.

farniel wrote: »
    UKASH vouchers are accepted by all of the big bookies. Just buy a voucher for whatever amount in Centra (cash only) and deposit directly into your bookies's account online directly. Job done. No history whatsoever.

And how do you withdraw winnings?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 farniel

And how do you withdraw winnings?
    You withdraw winnings??? Fair play.

I use bet365 and they offer withdrawals in the form of ukash vouchers if you wish. I normally get cheques sent out though.

Not that I know of. Again it's only on uploading and I upload a lump at a time and withdrawing then is 1.80e per transaction with the atm card up to 250e in a 24 hour period. Or if not in a hurry for instant cash just withdraw to bank account. Again a charge on that.

I find it the handiest method so far for me anyway.

The only free upload to the bookies through skrill is directly from bank account to skrill to bookies using the bookies site to do it. Just passes through skrill is all and doesn't lodge there so no charge.

Hard to avoid charges if you don't want to go near banks. These crowds have to make money someway.

I am trying to setup a paysafe accout but its saying I need to be registered in the country I put down when I have done that. Do I need an actual Paysafe account or can I just go in and buy a paysafe voucher in the shop and use that to deposit to my Skrill account?

I am trying to setup a paysafe accout but its saying I need to be registered in the country I put down when I have done that. Do I need an actual Paysafe account or can I just go in and buy a paysafe voucher in the shop and use that to deposit to my Skrill account?

I've set up a paysafe account, very easy and a 2 minute registration.

Your having problems setting up a paysafe account is it?

I've set up a paysafe account, very easy and a 2 minute registration.

Your having problems setting up a paysafe account is it?

'It is not possible to register for my paysafecard for the country you selected. You may only register for a my paysafecard account for the country in which you are currently located'

I wasn't given a country to select, when I try to register again it's saying my mobile number is already in use.

• Advertisement

'It is not possible to register for my paysafecard for the country you selected. You may only register for a my paysafecard account for the country in which you are currently located'

I wasn't given a country to select, when I try to register again it's saying my mobile number is already in use.

Sounds like you are possibly behind a proxy server there Paul. I had the same issue signing up because I was behind a proxy at the time based in another country. Tried it later on from a regular internet line and it worked fine.

Sounds like you are possibly behind a proxy server there Paul. I had the same issue signing up because I was behind a proxy at the time based in another country. Tried it later on from a regular internet line and it worked fine.

Yeah thought as much! Will try when I get home.

Looks like a proxy alright your behind.

Looks like a proxy alright your behind.

Sorted now, that was the problem. What's the max voucher you can get with the Paysafecard per transaction?

Advertisement