Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Graduate Visa - Are part-time courses eligible?

Options
  • 23-08-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

Moving to the US is something I've been thinking about for a a couple of years.

I'm a couple of years out of college but now I'm thinking about taking a part-time course relative to the industry I'm working in, in order to be eligible for the graduate visa.

From what I've seen all you need is a Level 6 or above qualification with the national qualifications framework.

Can anyone confirm that part-time courses are eligible?

I'd hate to spend a substantial amount of money and spend a year in a part-time course only to find out I'm not eligible.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Google says:
    No. You need to be a recent graduate from a full time education (within 1 years, min degree level) from a recognised ROI or NI college/University. All applicants must show proof of return to Ireland.

http://www.usavisa.ie/1-year-work-visa/faqs

Advertisement