Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time to book flight to ireland

Options
  • 23-08-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm going home from mid January. I wondering when is best to book flights.

I see you can fly for about $1000 return next month but January is still around $2000.

Am I better off waiting till closer to date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

EskimoJack wrote: »
    January is still around $2000

Oct/Nov is off peak, hence the cheap flights. January is AU school holidays so expect a premium. $2k would be average although you may be able to get $100-$200 cheaper if you shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

Who are you flying with that you can get $1k return? That's cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

csm wrote: »
    Who are you flying with that you can get $1k return? That's cheap

Emirates were advertising for $1080 return last week

The prices seem to fluctuate daily as far I can see, the flight I'm looking at is now $1780 from 1980 yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

EskimoJack wrote: »
    Emirates were advertising for $1080 return last week

The prices seem to fluctuate daily as far I can see, the flight I'm looking at is now $1780 from 1980 yesterday

I booked a flight with Emirates today for $2250, return from Syd to Dublin. Arriving on Dublin 24th December at 7pm.

I have been checking them out over the last few weeks, though haven't seen them as low as $1080 or $1780 to be honest. Which website are you using for pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭EskimoJack

Feelgood wrote: »
    I booked a flight with Emirates today for $2250, return from Syd to Dublin. Arriving on Dublin 24th December at 7pm.

I have been checking them out over the last few weeks, though haven't seen them as low as $1080 or $1780 to be honest. Which website are you using for pricing?

I'm going in mid January till mid February, you probably did ok with that pride for Christmas time

• Advertisement
Advertisement