Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Is Giroud definitely out for 3 months or is that still rumour mill?
    Also any word on Schurrle's injury, don't mind haven't one of them injured for this GW, but don't really want the 2 of them.

Doesn't look good in the short term re Schurrle.

Schurrle has only recently linked back up with the Chelsea squad after being granted an extended break following his excursions for Germany in their victorious World Cup winning campaign, but had made a seamless start to the Premier League campaign after netting in the opener against Burnley.

He is now a major doubt to face Everton at Goodison Park next weekend after suffering an as yet unspecified leg injury, forcing Jose Mourinho to shuffle his pack again, with Willian likely to be granted a place in the team, while Mohamed Salah is a further option for the Blues.

http://www.squawka.com/news/schurrle-suffers-injury/164241

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Yeah I know. Ramsey is a viable captaincy option this week I think. A nice rest tomorrow too and it's games like Leicester away that he can come into his own.

Part of my brain tells me if I don't act tonight then I can't make the transfer and it's out of my hands. But that's the part that probably told me Yaya was not going to be in my team ever

Hadn't really been considering Rambo. Just getting used to owning him.

Have you bought Jovetic yet FHFC?

I'm having my doubts creep in over the riskiness of a bandwagon with only one promising fixture on the horizon in an extremely rotational team that has Aguero and Dzeko ahead of him....

Yes I feel dirty with all this new found sense. In saying that Weimann is my back up :pac:

Also I have not yet got Lemlin's permission! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jebforever wrote: »
    Doesn't look good in the short term re Schurrle.

http://www.squawka.com/news/schurrle-suffers-injury/164241

Yea saw that website - but it crashed twice when I tried to open it, and it's not really mentioned anywhere else (I'm not on twitter) so just seeing had anyone heard anything concrete, giroud for example news broke first on twitter I think.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yea saw that website - but it crashed twice when I tried to open it, and it's not really mentioned anywhere else (I'm not on twitter) so just seeing had anyone heard anything concrete, giroud for example news broke first on twitter I think.

There doesn't seem to be much info about the injury at all. I guess the best way to find out definitively is to hear Jose's presser on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Also I have not yet got Lemlin's permission! :)

Feck it! Might as well just do it and stop thinking about it, should work well enough this week anyway. It's future Mr. P's problem then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fletcher for Jovetic and lash the arm band on him as well? too early for gambles? for a 4pt hit though

Feck it! Might as well just do it and stop thinking about it, should work well enough this week anyway. It's future Mr. P's problem then :pac:

Mainly on the basis of your Mick McCarthy GIF I have also decided to give it a bash. I love Mick McCarthy GIFs. They are the best thing about the Internet.

Jovetic (c)

Mainly on the basis of your Mick McCarthy GIF I have also decided to give it a bash. I love Mick McCarthy GIFs. They are the best thing about the Internet.

Jovetic (c)

Well at least that's settled, we can blame Mick if it all goes wrong :)

Last call on the Jovetic express tonight. All aboard. Destination: Unknown.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Fletcher for Jovetic and lash the arm band on him as well? too early for gambles? for a 4pt hit though

Now there's a novel idea. Why didn't I think of that. :D

Mr P, after your last post I feel strangely like I've just met Paul McGrath in my local and convinced him that one wee half would be no harm....

Late to the party it seems.....sure lets gamble then..why ever not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fab -> Silva

Team in good shape, have 0.1 in the bank from Fab and my sights are set on Hazard soon.

Silva near (possibly) his first rise and well... Stoke at home vs Everton away is tastier.

Done, reckless maybe, silly maybe but it could just work... Just maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Am really tempted to do it now too after a few beers...damn ye all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Current squad
    Begovic myhill
    Vlaar debuchy lovren azpil bruce
    Fab ramsey mata chadli elahmadi
    Costa rooney long
    .7m in bank

If i use wildcard i can get this
    Guzan myhill
    Vlaar debuchy clichy azpil dummet
    Costa aguero berahino
    .1m in bank

Thoughts people please

• Advertisement

Current squad
    Begovic myhill
    Costa rooney long
    .7m in bank

Guzan myhill
    Costa aguero berahino
    .1m in bank

Thoughts people please

Not worth it for that team at all, for me.

Guzan? Really?
    Lovren->Clichy
    Bruce->Dummett
    Rooney->Aguero
    Long-> Berahino

Those transfers do not a wildcard make. There's doubts over Aguero and Clichy starting. Long should out score Betahino and Guzan's fixtures are well. Awful.

I understand the City influx but if it were me I'd try and squeeze one in and maybe reassess next week?

I don't mean to sound harsh either, it's not a bad team and holding off another week might be better :)

Current squad
    Begovic myhill
    Costa rooney long
    .7m in bank

Guzan myhill
    Costa aguero berahino
    .1m in bank

Thoughts people please

Can't see a massive improvement in your team really: if it's centred around getting Aguero in (which is too early for me) then why not make 2 transfers
    Rooney -> Aguero
    Long -> Naismith
    You'll have enough with the 0.7 in the bank.

The only other changes are
    Clichy: may be subject to a bit of rotation v Lovren: bad start but I doubt it'll be too long before they tighten up
    Bruce v Dummet: not a priority I'd say... Use a FT to do it next week.
    Guzan (and Villa) aren't suddenly world beaters, I'd opt for Krul myself and wouldn't see it as a priority.... Begovic prob won't be keeping a clean sheet this week but there's no guarantee others will.

Edit: What Mr. P said... We're getting fierce sensible(ish) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

PARlance wrote: »
    Fab -> Silva

Team in good shape, have 0.1 in the bank from Fab and my sights are set on Hazard soon.

Silva near (possibly) his first rise and well... Stoke at home vs Everton away is tastier.

You should have both on your team.

Current squad
    Begovic myhill
    Costa rooney long
    .7m in bank

Guzan myhill
    Costa aguero berahino
    .1m in bank

Thoughts people please

I take it you're gonna play 3-4-3 or 4-4-2. I would suggest swapping Berahino for Naismith to save half a million. No point having double Villa defence, have you seen their upcoming fixtures?! I am going for the Krul Elliot combo atm which is the cheapest option and I think it would be better than Guzan Myhill. I wouldn't want Clichy in my team, too much rotation with Kolarov for my liking. Clyne instead of Clichy and Neil Taylor instead of Vlaar imo. If going with the 2 Newcastle keepers, change Dummett to Moore of Leicester. Chadli is another major rotation risk. Don't be put off by his mega haul last weekend, that won't happen very often. I would think Lamela or Eriksen are safer picks from the Spurs midfield so you could go with one of them. I don't think El Ahmadi is getting much gametime at Villa so a better 4.5 mid would be Marney or Wanyama.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Not worth it for that team at all, for me.

Guzan? Really?
    Lovren->Clichy
    Bruce->Dummett
    Rooney->Aguero
    Long-> Berahino

Those transfers do not a wildcard make. There's doubts over Aguero and Clichy starting. Long should out score Betahino and Guzan's fixtures are well. Awful.

I understand the City influx but if it were me I'd try and squeeze one in and maybe reassess next week?

I don't mean to sound harsh either, it's not a bad team and holding off another week might be better :)
    Maybe your right might see what happens if i hang on to get 2 fts see who might hit a bit of form then
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Can't see a massive improvement in your team really: if it's centred around getting Aguero in (which is too early for me) then why not make 2 transfers
    Rooney -> Aguero
    Long -> Naismith
    You'll have enough with the 0.7 in the bank.

The only other changes are
    Clichy: may be subject to a bit of rotation v Lovren: bad start but I doubt it'll be too long before they tighten up
    Bruce v Dummet: not a priority I'd say... Use a FT to do it next week.
    Guzan (and Villa) aren't suddenly world beaters, I'd opt for Krul myself and wouldn't see it as a priority.... Begovic prob won't be keeping a clean sheet this week but there's no guarantee others will.

Edit: What Mr. P said... We're getting fierce sensible(ish) :)

Why in the world would you ever trade Rooney?

Big Borg wrote: »
    You should have both on your team.

Yes, and I should have transferred Mata out last week ;)

There's only so many 9m midfielders that'll fit in.

Big Borg wrote: »
    Why in the world would you ever trade Rooney?

You might want to ask the guy that's transferring him out now as opposed to me.

But I'll have no problem upgrading him to Aguero in a few weeks time if Aguero is back and fit.

You might want to ask the guy that's transferring him out now as opposed to me.

But I'll have no problem upgrading him to Aguero in a few weeks time if Aguero is back and fit.

Sorry. Aguero is a great player but soooo delicate. Rooney is a bulldog and so talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

media_httpwwwoffthepo_nHEGu.gif

Oh and Pelle scored tonight too, it's peaked my interest with my need for a forward 7.9 or less. But then Jovetic. It's quite the pickle...

The best gif of all time (well second best, the same gif with "I fingered a lass today - have you?" as the caption trumps it).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Another one here for the Jovetic bandwagon. Took a minus 4 hazard and Fletcher out Marney and Jovetic in. Marney will now be my cheap non playing sub in a 3 4 3 so this move should help me delay my wildcard and move towards a big front 3. Will only be keeping Jovetic 1 wk and will upgrade him to either ade sturridge or Aguero for next gw.

Do that 4 on the Jovetic wagon then? I feel like I did wrong last night, hope it works out tbh.

Bet Pellegrini trolls us all and leaves him on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Who have people transferred out for Aguero?

I have the funds to upgrade Rooney or Costa but I'm reluctant to swap out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

irish son wrote: »
    Who have people transferred out for Aguero?

I have the funds to upgrade Rooney or Costa but I'm reluctant to swap out either.

No rush, Rooney has good fixture and Aguero is still finding fitness, a few weeks to decide.

dahat wrote: »
    Do that 4 on the Jovetic wagon then? I feel like I did wrong last night, hope it works out tbh.

Bet Pellegrini trolls us all and leaves him on the bench.

Relax. We got our first price rise in last night, it's all going according to plan. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Another one here for the Jovetic bandwagon. Took a minus 4 hazard and Fletcher out Marney and Jovetic in. Marney will now be my cheap non playing sub in a 3 4 3 so this move should help me delay my wildcard and move towards a big front 3. Will only be keeping Jovetic 1 wk and will upgrade him to either ade sturridge or Aguero for next gw.

I know you're gonna have a very strong team still but that -4 sounds good to me. Now I just have to pray that Dzeko gets a clean bill of health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Got Jovetic with one of my FT's, expect a 2nd rise after this

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-olivier-giroud-injury-bombshell-4111729

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/26/arsenal-striker-reinforcement-olivier-giroud

Giroud still owned by 540k people - 144k transfers out this week, with Jovetic on +156k for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Posada wrote: »
    *As Lemlin*

She has a lot of away fixtures lined up when you're at home.

You might want to rethink that one bud.

That explains the lack of clean sheets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

zarquon wrote: »
    That explains the lack of clean sheets!

Superb:pac:

FPL is certainly a goldmine for puns!!

I know you're gonna have a very strong team still but that -4 sounds good to me. Now I just have to pray that Dzeko gets a clean bill of health.
    Your looking good for the win 4 pts up already and the added boost of a wildcard. As a fellow stone roses fan I wont begrudge you an opening win .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

I'm on -8 already because I'm an idiot at 1am, if I use my wildcard now to go all out do I still lose the 8 points?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'm on -8 already because I'm an idiot at 1am, if I use my wildcard now to go all out do I still lose the 8 points?

No.

No. All transfers in the week are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Weekly transfer done last night. Had to dump Hoilett before a price fall and got in Cattermole before his rise. Money saving exercise for a bench player. I usually wait until Friday night but needed to keep the finances up.

Still not too happy with my defence but no need to panic yet. I had a slow enough start last year but made up a 75 point deficit by keeping my WC until DGW in last quarter of the season.

Krul (Elliot)
    Chambers P Jones Clyne (Pieters Baird)
    Siggy Mata Fab Eriksen (Cattermole)
    Rooney (c) Sturridge Dzeko

In the next few weeks I can see Chambers and Baird definitely being transferred. Eriksen and all my forwards are on thin ice too. Too early to completely tear it apart though.

Team value £100.0m Bank £0.4m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Can anyone suggest a replacement for Bojan?? I've an extra 2M in the bank so have 7.5M to play with.

I've been thinking about the below but im not sure:

Naismith (5.1) - Is he likely to play 90mins with Everton having signed Eto?
    Rivière (7.0) - Newcastle have a good run of fixtures so could bag a few goals??
    Pellè (7.5) - Southampton have a good run of fixtures + Pellè has a good goal scoring record?

Want2know wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a replacement for Bojan?? I've an extra 2M in the bank so have 7.5M to play with.

Rivière (7.0) - Newcastle have a good run of fixtures so could bag a few goals??
    Pellè (7.5) - Southampton have a good run of fixtures + Pellè has a good goal scoring record?

Jutkiewicz 5 million if you were interested in going 3 5 2. He seems to have nailed down a place .

Jutkiewicz 5 million if you were interested in going 3 5 2. He seems to have nailed down a place .

Definate WC possibilities as Burnley had a tough start so they will improve. Bound to get a goal or two before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Wildcarded and have a problem do I go with Silva/ Rooney or Sturridge / Lamela I'm thinking long term at the moment I understand Sturridge has a tough fixture and Lamela is playing Liverpool but there will be goals I imagine.

My Team
    Loris / Krul
    Robertson / clyne / dummet / hutton
    Lamela / Siggy / Hazard / Ramsey / Albrightion
    Adebayor / Sturridge / Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm wondering if Sanogo is worth a sneaky punt? Wenger seems to like him. If Arsenal don't sign anyone else he's bound to get some game time, especially with Sanchez seemingly taking a bit of time to settle down. Only 4.9m

Pelle scored last night and Koeman was praising him I think and suggesting he'll push on and continue scoring. Plus they have decent fixtures on paper. Of course 7.5 is a premium for the "cheaper forwards range".

If I didn't bring Jovetic in last night I think I'd have been going for Pelle on Friday. (I had 7.9 to spend so my hand was forced now that Jovetic went up to 8 last night)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Hadn't really been considering Rambo. Just getting used to owning him.

I have him set as my captain and I don't think I'll be changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

I'm wondering if Sanogo is worth a sneaky punt? Wenger seems to like him. If Arsenal don't sign anyone else he's bound to get some game time, especially with Sanchez seemingly taking a bit of time to settle down. Only 4.9m

Sanogo - This a very interesting choice. I never thought about this but with Giroud supposed to be out for a few months he could get a good bit of game time. Arsenal do need a strong centre forward who can hold the ball up so he could get a few assists. Im not sure he would score that many (Anytime I've seen him I would bet against him scoring) but for 4.9M what can you expect.

I'll watch the Arsenal game this evening to see if he start's + what Wenger says about bringing in another forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Sanogo - This a very interesting choice. I never thought about this but with Giroud supposed to be out for a few months he could get a good bit of game time. Arsenal do need a strong centre forward who can hold the ball up so he could get a few assists. Im not sure he would score that many (Anytime I've seen him I would bet against him scoring) but for 4.9M what can you expect.

I'll watch the Arsenal game this evening to see if he start's + what Wenger says about bringing in another forward.

Yeah he's yellow flagged at the minute I think. So I'll definitely be holding off him until at least at this weekend. But I also have Bojan, and that transfer would bank me 0.5m (I'm assuming Bojan will have gone down by 0.1m by the time I get rid of him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pelle scored last night and Koeman was praising him I think and suggesting he'll push on and continue scoring. Plus they have decent fixtures on paper. Of course 7.5 is a premium for the "cheaper forwards range".

If I didn't bring Jovetic in last night I think I'd have been going for Pelle on Friday. (I had 7.9 to spend so my hand was forced now that Jovetic went up to 8 last night)

I think FPL were very unfair to him bringing him in at 7.5. Already established forwards in the PL like Long, Jelavic and Fletcher are available for far less at mid-table teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any changes yed advise here lads?

DDG
    Terry-Coloccini-Caulker (Van Aanholy, Moore)
    Fabregas, Mata, Ramsey, Siggy (El Ahmadi)
    Rooney, Costa, Fletcher

Have 120 points at the moment and 2.0m in the bank

• Advertisement
Advertisement