Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Caulker should have gone yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Anybody know what the story with Vlaar is? He is down as 75% chance of playing now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Caulker to do a Mata at the weekend :)

Mata
    Noun
    /ma-ta/

1. Manchester United player

2. To do a Mata
    - Prove kneejerkers wrong
    "I expect Caulker to do a Mata on those who sold him after a 4-0 defeat"

*runs*

30609-car.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Caulker has had six attempts on goal in his two games so far, 2 on target. I'm on the wildcard so QPR's defensive frailties will see me avoid him for a little while but those stats are impressive. I wouldn't be using my one free transfer to dump him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Caulker has had six attempts on goal in his two games so far, 2 on target. I'm on the wildcard so QPR's defensive frailties will see me avoid him for a little while but those stats are impressive. I wouldn't be using my one free transfer to dump him anyway.

I think I may have read he has more efforts inside box than Costa. There is a goal ib him very very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Caulker is starting to remind me of that other great hope for a goal a lot of this forum were on big Chris samba.

Caulker is starting to remind me of that other great hope for a goal a lot of this forum were on big Chris samba.

I was backing that horse for far too long as well. Samba was living off his reputation though while Caulker is getting his head to set piece balls and making a serious nuisance of himself whenever he gets upfield. The obvious lack of clean sheet likelihood is after turning me away for the moment, in saying that they should have had one in week 1 and word is that Tottenham's front 4 were awesome on Sunday.
    Feckit I'm half tempted to give him another chance now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm happy to have Caulker for another 4/5 GWs up until I wildcard. It'll take a hell of a change of fortune defensively for me to keep him after. Obviously the above from me is just tongue in cheek.

Until then I'll always have something better to use my transfer on than a defender with decent fixtures and a goal threat. Chances are he'll be lucky to get 1 cleanie but you could say that for any defender 5.0 or cheaper. I'm not turning him into a Samba or Mickey (I miss him so much :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The funny thing about Samba was that I jumped on Clint Hill who was a million cheaper at the time and he was a great signing when rotated.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The funny thing about Samba was that I jumped on Clint Hill who was a million cheaper at the time and he was a great signing when rotated.

My memory must be playing tricks on me. I played Samba every week I had him because of his goal threat:rolleyes: and I can't ever recall him getting me a clean sheet. I remember him losing one in the 94th minute one Monday night alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Right, I’ve got a transfer in mind but need some advice (i.e. to be talked out of it).

Current defence is –

Begovic/Gilks

Coloccini / van Aan holt / Cahill / Chambers / Duff

Happy enough with the rest of the team for now, in the top 5k overall at the moment so things are ticking along nicely. Have just the one FT this week and, while I could hang on to it until after the international break, it’s burning a hole in my pocket.

Bego isn’t doing it for me, but I’m willing to stick with him for the moment.

Colo and PVA rotate nicely and might even both play some weeks, depending on fixtures.

Chambers is going to stay for the moment, although a career-threatening injury to Kosc or Mertesacker would do nicely. Duff is 4m.

However, Cahill’s giving me some cause for concern, for a few reasons –

1. He costs 6.5m – lot of cash to have tied up.

2. He’s possibly at risk of being rotated when Felipe Luis starts getting his game/when CL kicks off.

3. He doesn’t seem to figure in the BP shake up.

4. Chelsea’s next 3 fixtures are Eve (A), Swa (H) and City (A), so may not see any clean sheets there.

So I’m thinking of downgrading to a 5.5m player who I would play every week (longer term I’m thinking of getting the Swa/Sou rotation going to go along with my New/Sun rotation, so I’d want a decent defender to play every week as well).

What I’m thinking is to get in Phil Jones, for a few reasons –

1. Next three fixtures are against the three promoted clubs.

2. Seems to be in shake up for BPs.

3. Would free up that extra 1m.

I’d probably swap him out again after the second international break, when I’m intending to use my wildcard and Utd’s fixtures take a turn for the worse.

I’ve got Rooney and Mata as well, so maxing out on Utd players might seem a bit strange given their form at the moment. But at the same time, I quite fancy Jones to pick up more points than Cahill over the next 3 rounds.

Crazy? Or crazy like a fox?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I have two free transfers this week and need to sort out the defence, which is a bit of a mess. Obviously Jaaskalainen has to go, with Guzan my likely replacement. But I'll have another problem if Pantillimon gets the nod ahead of Mannone. I've usually gone with the cheap keeper option in the past so sticking with it for now.

O'Shea or Ferdinand are next with maybe O'Shea going first as I don't want defender and keeper from same team.

Happy enough with midfield and strikers although midfield back-up could be better. Team value 99.8m, have 0.5m in bank. I'm on 114 points. Usually go with a 4-3-3. Any thoughts appreciated.

Mannone (Jaask)

Cahill Kelly O'Shea Skrtel (Ferdinand)

Silva Ramsey Fabregas (Walters) (Davis)

Jelavic Rooney Costa

My memory must be playing tricks on me. I played Samba every week I had him because of his goal threat:rolleyes: and I can't ever recall him getting me a clean sheet. I remember him losing one in the 94th minute one Monday night alright.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/2012-2013/results

21 02.01.2013 Chelsea away W1-0 20 13
    22 12.01.2013 Tottenham Hotspur home D0-0 20 14
    23 19.01.2013 West Ham United away D1-1 20 15
    24 29.01.2013 Manchester City home D0-0 20 16
    25 02.02.2013 Norwich City home D0-0 20 17
    26 09.02.2013 Swansea City away L1-4 20 17
    27 23.02.2013 Manchester United home L0-2 20 17
    28 02.03.2013 Southampton away W2-1 20 20
    29 09.03.2013 Sunderland home W3-1 20 23
    30 16.03.2013 Aston Villa away L2-3 20 23
    31 01.04.2013 Fulham away L2-3 19 23
    32 07.04.2013 Wigan Athletic home D1-1 19 24
    33 13.04.2013 Everton away L0-2 19 24
    34 20.04.2013 Stoke City home L0-2 19 24
    35 28.04.2013 Reading away D0-0 19 25
    36 04.05.2013 Arsenal home L0-1 20 25
    37 12.05.2013 Newcastle United home L1-2 20 25
    38 19.05.2013 Liverpool away L0-1 20 25

5 clean sheets from GWs 21 to 38. Not bad for a 4 mil bench player. Clint also picked up some bonus points inexplicably. I particularly remember the Norwich 0-0 result as I had Mark Bunn in goals because Ruddy was injured. I also had a Norwich defender who I shall not name because it may cause some to shed a tear.

You'll find my memory is fairly good when it comes to stats and remembering dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Right, I’ve got a transfer in mind but need some advice (i.e. to be talked out of it).

Current defence is –

Begovic/Gilks

Coloccini / van Aan holt / Cahill / Chambers / Duff

Happy enough with the rest of the team for now, in the top 5k overall at the moment so things are ticking along nicely. Have just the one FT this week and, while I could hang on to it until after the international break, it’s burning a hole in my pocket.

Bego isn’t doing it for me, but I’m willing to stick with him for the moment.

Colo and PVA rotate nicely and might even both play some weeks, depending on fixtures.

Chambers is going to stay for the moment, although a career-threatening injury to Kosc or Mertesacker would do nicely. Duff is 4m.

However, Cahill’s giving me some cause for concern, for a few reasons –

1. He costs 6.5m – lot of cash to have tied up.

2. He’s possibly at risk of being rotated when Felipe Luis starts getting his game/when CL kicks off.

3. He doesn’t seem to figure in the BP shake up.

4. Chelsea’s next 3 fixtures are Eve (A), Swa (H) and City (A), so may not see any clean sheets there.

So I’m thinking of downgrading to a 5.5m player who I would play every week (longer term I’m thinking of getting the Swa/Sou rotation going to go along with my New/Sun rotation, so I’d want a decent defender to play every week as well).

What I’m thinking is to get in Phil Jones, for a few reasons –

1. Next three fixtures are against the three promoted clubs.

2. Seems to be in shake up for BPs.

3. Would free up that extra 1m.

I’d probably swap him out again after the second international break, when I’m intending to use my wildcard and Utd’s fixtures take a turn for the worse.

I’ve got Rooney and Mata as well, so maxing out on Utd players might seem a bit strange given their form at the moment. But at the same time, I quite fancy Jones to pick up more points than Cahill over the next 3 rounds.

Crazy? Or crazy like a fox?

I would not be doing that transfer at all. I have Cahill and Jones and if I had to get rid of one of them today, it would definitely be Jones.

I see him as one of those players you can just leave in for the full season without having to transfer in and out. That in itself is very valuable. I can see him playing most games this season (barring injury). He probably won't be doing anything too spectacular on a weekly basis, but I feel by being an almost certain starter in a very good defence, he will be in the top 5/6 come the end of the season. He does have a couple of toughies coming up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea went to City and got a 0-0.

Jones himself is a decent pick. But, similarly to Mata, the problem is more with United's performances as a whole. So far they have conceded to Swansea and Sunderland.

If I was in your position, I would certainly be banking my transfer. You could always come back to it before the Chelsea - City game if United look like improving over the next 2 weeks.

I would not be doing that transfer at all. I have Cahill and Jones and if I had to get rid of one of them today, it would definitely be Jones.

I see him as one of those players you can just leave in for the full season without having to transfer in and out. That in itself is very valuable. I can see him playing most games this season (barring injury). He probably won't be doing anything too spectacular on a weekly basis, but I feel by being an almost certain starter in a very good defence, he will be in the top 5/6 come the end of the season. He does have a couple of toughies coming up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea went to City and got a 0-0.

Jones himself is a decent pick. But, similarly to Mata, the problem is more with United's performances as a whole. So far they have conceded to Swansea and Sunderland.

If I was in your position, I would certainly be banking my transfer. You could always come back to it before the Chelsea - City game if United look like improving over the next 2 weeks.

I know banking it's the right thing to do, especially as Chambers and Jovetic might need to be shipped out in the near future, but I'm tempted!

I know banking it's the right thing to do, especially as Chambers and Jovetic might need to be shipped out in the near future, but I'm tempted!

I understand it's tempting, but I just think that even if Cahill was injured, and you had to get rid of him, I wouldn't be going for Jones as a replacement. I'd be going for Clyne, or maybe a Spurs defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Thinking of banking my transfer this week. Only weak starters for me so far are Eriksen and Fletcher but I'm reluctant to get rid of them. Sunderland have really handy fixtures and Eriksen has a good enough track record to have one more week despite drawing blanks so far. £3m (Mata -> Siggy GW1 transfer) in the bank though which I don't like because in general the higher the price the higher the points.

Krul/Foster

Azpi/Jones/Chambers/Moore/Duff

Ramsey/Hazard/Siggy/Eriksen/Marney

Fletcher/Rooney/Costa

Only obvious improvement is maybe Chambers to a Spurs defender (assuming Chambers is going to be dropped). I'm in no rush to get Spurs defender in this week though seeing as they've shipped 9 goals against pool in their last 2 meetings. Not really interested in changing my 2x 4.0 defenders, always play 3-4-3 and Azpi will start every week so that leaves 2 spots. Might get Baines in for Jones when Everton's fixtures strengthen.

No obvious captain choice so would be tempted to get in Silva but don't like the fact he never gets 90 minutes. Anything jumping out at anyone? Am I right to bank the transfer? Could go Fletcher to Adebayor but Ade is an awful bóllicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I have Jones and I he's going nowhere for the next three matches.
    Bringing him to use up a valuable FT is another move altogether ;)

But yes, he is a bps magnet, and I'll stick my head on the block and say he'll get 15 points in the next 3 games.... I'm not helping am I :)

PARlance wrote: »

But yes, he is a bps magnet, and I'll stick my head on the block and say he'll get 15 points in the next 3 games.... I'm not helping am I :)

United are looking ****e but I'm in no rush to get rid of Jones with their fixtures, they didn't become that bad that they won't keep any clean sheets.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »

That's the thing, it's one thing keeping him, it's another thing to spend my FT on him. The chances are Chambers won't play this weekend and I'll have to get rid next week, and Jovetic is probably 50/50 to remain in my team till GW 4.

Just looking at this weekend then, who'll get more points? Cahill vs Everton, or Jones vs Leicester? Probably much of a muchness really - decision made, I'm banking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wanted to bank it but I'm thinking about bringing in Jovetic for Rooney. Just have no confidence in United at the moment, and worried about having three of their players. City versus Stoke at home is a tempting fixture and currently I have no stake in the game.

Anyone think it's a good/bad idea? I thought Jovetic would have gone up by now after his brace on Monday.

I wanted to bank it but I'm thinking about bringing in Jovetic for Rooney. Just have no confidence in United at the moment, and worried about having three of their players. City versus Stoke at home is a tempting fixture and currently I have no stake in the game.

Anyone think it's a good/bad idea? I thought Jovetic would have gone up by now after his brace on Monday.

Jovetic went up last night. He had previously gone down to 7.9

If I was willing to get rid of Rooney I'd probably get Aguero, although you may not have the bank. But despite Uniteds predicament I still think Rooney worth keeping for the next few games, and that it would be rash to get Aguero in till he's playing 90 and has cleared the international window.

Speaking of rash though, I got Jovetic in for Fletcher last night at a -4 as I was also afraid of having no stake in the MC v Stoke game, but it's strictly a short term move.

Edit. I suppose to more clearly answer your question, I'm all for Jovetic v Stoke, but not sure I'd do it for Rooney. I had a non performing cheap striker and 3m in the bank.

By the way, a quick notice to fellow members of the FSA's latest support group, the "Jovetic 4", first prayer meeting is tonight, and apparently Mr P has some of the Anti Ramsey Brigade whiskey left in case we need it come Saturday night....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What are people's opinions on getting rid of people who are likely to drop?

I have Terry, Rooney and Debuchy.

There's no doubt united are poor but how far down the table are they going to finish? They have the easiest possible fixtures coming up so I'm not convinced that I should be getting rid of him.

I don't understand the Terry exodus. I was perhaps considering moving Terry out for a City defender.

Shane732 wrote: »

There's no doubt united are poor but how far down the table are they going to finish? They have the easiest possible fixtures coming up so I'm not convinced that I should be getting rid of him.

I don't understand the Terry exodus. I was perhaps considering moving Terry out for a City defender.

I've azpi but if i already had Terry i wouldn't get rid. Gets the odd goal and will get a clean sheet (maybe bonuses) for almost every game at the bridge

• Advertisement

I suppose the Terry transfers are a combination of low priced defenders scoring well plus Ivanovic/Azpil scoring better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

According to TotalFPL JT is 58% changed negatively!

Can anyone see him dropping in value?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    According to TotalFPL JT is 58% changed negatively!

Can anyone see him dropping in value?

Not anytime soon, FPL Statistics have him much lower. Largely guesswork but I doubt he'll drop this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Would appreciate advice how how to strengthen my defence

have

Mannone
    Myhill

Jones
    Chambers
    Targett
    wisdom
    hutton

also just sold toure for silva so have 2m in the bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Sanchez will be getting a Few transfers in after tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would appreciate advice how how to strengthen my defence

have

Mannone
    Myhill

Jones
    Chambers
    Targett
    wisdom
    hutton

also just sold toure for silva so have 2m in the bank

Chambers is unlikely to play this weekend, so get in Coloccini.
    Mannone to Krul, if you don't mind doubling up with Coloccini.
    Targett not playing at all, bring in Aanholt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

sword1 wrote: »
    Sanchez will be getting a Few transfers in after tonight

Well feck him could he not have scored last weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone here support stoke or know much about them? Has Walters lost his place in the first 11 and only getting a run out tonight? He was on peno's last few seasons I believe?

Shane732 wrote: »

Terry and Rooney are being transferred out because people are going for Aguero/Costa and Ivanovic.

I still didn't think either of them were near dropping yet. Am I wrong?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Terry and Rooney are being transferred out because people are going for Aguero/Costa and Ivanovic.

I still didn't think either of them were near dropping yet. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Graaand. I'd rather they not drop just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone looking at bringing in Chadli? Cheap enough at only 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

One good game when there are better options doesn't make him a must for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Anyone getting Eto & Rodwell in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Danger781 wrote: »
    Anyone looking at bringing in Chadli? Cheap enough at only 6.0

Massive rotation risk so no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

One good game when there are better options doesn't make him a must for me anyway.
    jebforever wrote: »
    Massive rotation risk so no.

Fair enough.. I quite liked him last year, had him in my team for a few weeks! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Posted my team just there on 'rate my team thread'...would really appreciate if people took quick look at it and encouraged me/stopped me making a goalkeeper transfer!:)
    Thanks on advance for any views and replies.

Ugh I need to get someone in for Giroud, obv if he was guarantee starter Jovetic would be probably best choice, but with the rotation risk I don't really want to bring him in, but then looking for strikers out there, there isn't much that are showing consistency (excluding costa)

For a bad as say QPR are, how has Remy being playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Ugh I need to get someone in for Giroud, obv if he was guarantee starter Jovetic would be probably best choice, but with the rotation risk I don't really want to bring him in, but then looking for strikers out there, there isn't much that are showing consistency (excluding costa)

Adebayor?

Ace2007 wrote: »

For a bad as say QPR are, how has Remy being playing?

I went for Ade. I think he's a lot more certain of gametime than the City lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Posted my team just there on 'rate my team thread'...would really appreciate if people took quick look at it and encouraged me/stopped me making a goalkeeper transfer!:)
    Thanks on advance for any views and replies.

Madness :)

Guzan will have dropped the 0.1 rise very soon. Have a look at fixtures. He won't rise 0.2.

What till next week and do De Gea to another decent keeper (Lloris, Krul) if you want.

Adebayor?
    I went for Ade. I think he's a lot more certain of gametime than the City lads.

Yea have him already, captain fantastic :)
    Ade, Giroud and Rooney are top 3 atm, I can get costa in with a -4 but don't really want to do that as set on Ade as captain this weekend.

Remy has good goal scoring record played 90 minutes in both games, but have no idea how he played or if he was anyway close to scoring - Arsenal/Newcastle could make a move for him as both need striker and he seems to be very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Eto anyone ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

No'o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

I need to get rid of Giroud and have £1.3m in the bank, thoughts?

Advertisement