Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

djPSB wrote: »
    Is Williamson suspended this weekend? Nothing on site about it.

No he was suspended midweek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

If Costa is out for any length of time I will almost certainly be wildcarding on Saturday morning. Will give me the international break to get rid of the likes of De Gea, Mata, Rooney etc and bring in Lloris, Sterling, Aguero etc. Not too worried about getting through this weekend without Diego - even if he's just tweaked his hammy they will rest him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Awaiting final costa confirmation and will then pull the trigger on Costa -> Aguero. Aguero could be a great differential for the next games if there are no injury issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

kennyb3 wrote: »
    No he was suspended midweek

Savage Cabbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Thinking about wild carding too now, but I'll wait for conformation, want to change my keeper- beg, 2 defenders- terry , baird, a mid - wayama and 2 strikers- Costa, Fletcher,

Aguero in for Costa, probably gonna captain him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This has really thrown a spanner in the works (Costa) as he was one of the 4 or 5 I had completely settled on in my wildcard, I had decided to ditch Rooney but this might allow him a stay. Sanchez didn't impress me last night but his out of position prospects may see me return to him also depending on what noises come from Wenger in the next two days.

Most worrying of all is that it appears to have forced busts (H2H rival) into a wild card:( He's no Lemlin:p but he'll certainly outwit me:o on a level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

This has really thrown a spanner in the works (Costa) as he was one of the 4 or 5 I had completely settled on in my wildcard, I had decided to ditch Rooney but this might allow him a stay. Sanchez didn't impress me last night but his out of position prospects may see me return to him also depending on what noises come from Wenger in the next two days.

Most worrying of all is that it appears to have forced busts (H2H rival) into a wild card:( He's no Lemlin:p but he'll certainly outwit me:o on a level playing field.

Still undecided I woke up this morning humming the smiths song panic so it may be a sign to hold off for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Is Aguero going to start this week or will he be sprung from the bench as had been the case lately. Is that is the case surely Dzecko is better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Right, Cahill > Jones is off the table, but now I'm thinking Begovic > Lloris. A long term change rather than just for this weekend, and thinking I'd better do it quick as price rises/falls might intervene otherwise (I have the 0.5m in the bank).

I haven't done it yet because I also have Chambers, Costa and Jovetic in my team and they're all likely to need the boot next week. But I could resort to my wildcard during the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I guess I'll be playing Naismith and Rooney up front this week. Already took a -4 hit this week. >_< No real panic. Will be hitting the wildcard on Saturday morning, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Still undecided I woke up this morning humming the smiths song panic so it may be a sign to hold off for now.

I'm the opposite. Even if Costa isn't injured I'm thinking fook it that I might as well go ahead and play the wildcard before players I want like Lloris rise. The only thing I am undecided on is:

Mata/Sturridge or Sterling/Rooney.

I'm thinking Mata and Sturridge to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Costa is a minor injury, probably miss one game

SSN, no link yet

Costa is a minor injury, probably miss one game

SSN, no link yet

I'll just bench him and play van Aanholt then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea have revealed that Diego Costa has suffered a "minor muscular injury", but will not confirm whether the striker will be out of action for a significant period of time.
    Reports have suggested that the Spain international could be sidelined for six weeks after picking up a problem in training.
    However, the club have attempted to calm fears over Costa's fitness by telling Sky Sports News that he will be monitored over the coming days after picking up a muscle injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy with my team, no transfers this week. Will use my free one next maybe to bring in Dier and down grade mata to upgrade Bony/Bojan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Smiths and the Roses mentioned in two days. You could pull out all the stops now by telling me you're a Frank and Walters fan as well;)

Keep that wildcard in your back pocket for another week. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm the opposite. Even if Costa isn't injured I'm thinking fook it that I might as well go ahead and play the wildcard before players I want like Lloris rise. The only thing I am undecided on is:

Significantly more expensive though - I'll have to give up Terry to do that. Prob go Sterling/Rooney myself in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

Chelsea have revealed that Diego Costa has suffered a "minor muscular injury", but will not confirm whether the striker will be out of action for a significant period of time.
    Reports have suggested that the Spain international could be sidelined for six weeks after picking up a problem in training.
    However, the club have attempted to calm fears over Costa's fitness by telling Sky Sports News that he will be monitored over the coming days after picking up a muscle injury.

Ah ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Smiths and the Roses mentioned in two days. You could pull out all the stops now by telling me you're a Frank and Walters fan as well;)

Keep that wildcard in your back pocket for another week. Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

Lord knows it'd be the first time....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'll just bench him and play van Aanholt then.

Will Costa you nothing to leave him on the bench......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

boccy23 wrote: »
    Ah ****e.

Somebody's knee do a little jerk?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭boccy23

FHFC wrote: »
    Somebody's knee do a little jerk?? :D
    Kinda. Used my FT to bring in Cattermole. Had Costa from start but have only him and Rooney up front. Sanogo as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That is the worst possible report to get. If they confirmed that it was weeks then the decision would be easy, but it is so ambiguous so I'm left wondering what the hell is the right decision to make. I wouldn't mind benching him for one game, but if it has the potential to drag on longer then the GW would have been a missed opportunity.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything comes out of Jose's press conference.

That is the worst possible report to get. If they confirmed that it was weeks then the decision would be easy, but it is so ambiguous so I'm left wondering what the hell is the right decision to make. I wouldn't mind benching him for one game, but if it has the potential to drag on longer then the GW would have been a missed opportunity.

Guess I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anything comes out of Jose's press conference.

Trouble is you can't believe a word Jose says. Sure didn't he say last season that Cech and Terry would miss the rest of the season after injuries against Atletico and both then played in the second leg!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Will hold off on the wc and just play Wisdom in a 442,quitw a few will suffer from the Costa loss so it will be interesting to see how people reacted to it the injury.

Will WC for sure on Sat morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are most of ye planning to Wildcard next week so?

Because I still have no intention of it right now and don't feel any particular urge to do it....yet anyway. I'm sure ye'll spook me soon enough though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Folk are fickle early on and if Costa is missing Sat then his price will drop quickly, likely some like me will be forced to use it then.

With Rvp fit I'd much prefer mata sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Costa's yellow flag brought him from 91% to rise on fplstatistics yesterday to 81% currently. So close :rolleyes:
    I would want him for Swansea H in GW4 so will just hold and play Naismith if need be.

Because I still have no intention of it right now and don't feel any particular urge to do it....yet anyway. I'm sure ye'll spook me soon enough though

Ive never held onto mine later than gw 5 or 6, usually because of bad starts. This year I'm off to a flyer so I would love to hold onto it, especially since the only real deadweight i have is DeGea and, now possibly, Costa.

At worst though thats only a 4pt hit. With the price rises so hard to predict, and multiple rises harder to obtain, it will take a lot more than Costa being injured to force my hand.

Im just raging that i used my 2 FTs on Tuesday.

• Advertisement

With Rvp fit I'd much prefer mata sturridge

Looking at my team, that would leave me with an attack of:

Mata Ramsey Siggy Fabregas
    Sturridge Aguero Ade

but a defence of:

Lloris
    Dummett (would have to take out Coloccini) Taylor, van Aanholt, Moore and another player 4.1 or under.

The back 5 looks seriously weak but what a glorious front 7. I also wouldn't have a chance of affording this team next GW so I am debating wildcarding today.

Not really a frank and Walters fan .My top 3 would be rounded off by something you won't be feeling after our 2 H2H games happy Mondays. ☺

Im just raging that i used my 2 FTs on Tuesday.

Yeah I used my 2 FT's on Tuesday too but not too bothered, needed to dump Bojan and Isgrove for Larsson and Naismith. It was a minimum £0.3m swing! If Costa is back after the int. break I'll hold on to him, even if he drops £0.1m it won't affect me. Number 1 striker choice atm. If he's out long term it might sway me to wildcard next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

The back 5 looks seriously weak but what a glorious front 7. I also wouldn't have a chance of affording this team next GW so I am debating wildcarding today.

While I do agree, I still think Costa will score BIG for the season, particular when he settles in more and leaving him out would be a tough one for me.

Fizman wrote: »
    While I do agree, I still think Costa will score BIG for the season, particular when he settles in more and leaving him out would be a tough one for me.

He'd come back in more than likely for Sturridge. Costa is a mil cheaper so it'd be possible at any time. I'd be happy to rotate Sturridge/Costa to whoever is in better form. Aguero when fit is the best player in the league for me. I rate him even above Suarez and think he is capable of similar returns if he can stay fit, which is a big IF.

Chelsea also have City coming up whereas Liverpool's fixtures get better.

The mids would also be changeable based on who is in form.

I can't see myself holding the wildcard post week 6. It starts to lose its effectiveness after then IMO.

Sturridge Aguero Ade

but a defence of:

Lloris
    Dummett (would have to take out Coloccini) Taylor, van Aanholt, Moore and another player 4.1 or under.

That's pretty much the exact team I'd be going for with Hutton as my other def and maybe krul as keeper with a million kept back for sanchez hazard upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

is dummett worth bringing in at 4.00 ? was looking at hutton but his nxt 3 fixtures after this weekend are tough

That's pretty much the exact team I'd be going for with Hutton as my other def and maybe krul as keeper with a million kept back for sanchez hazard upgrade.

I was thinking Wisdom rather than Hutton. Villa have atrocious fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irishswan546

Thinking bout using my wildcard this week or should I wait until next week until transfer window closes.

• Advertisement

I was thinking Wisdom rather than Hutton. Villa have atrocious fixtures coming up.

I've had Hutton since the start so will prob stick with him probably less likely to lose his place but ye dreadful fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭qwertyups

Should I wildcard this lot?

De Gea(Myhill)

Chambers Hutton Terry (Wisdom, Hutton)

Siggy Mata Ramsey Eriksen( Mutch)

Rooney Costa Dzeko

A fair few doubts there and players not performing. Only have one free transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah I used my 2 FT's on Tuesday too but not too bothered, needed to dump Bojan and Isgrove for Larsson and Naismith. It was a minimum £0.3m swing! If Costa is back after the int. break I'll hold on to him, even if he drops £0.1m it won't affect me. Number 1 striker choice atm. If he's out long term it might sway me to wildcard next week.
    Is Isgrove going to drop this week? -40.9% according to FPL Statistics. Requiring another 25% of his owners to dump him before the week is out.... That looks to be a big ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Doubt if I'll use it, will have a tinker to see what sort of team it would give me, I'll get tempted, but I think I'm gonna try the keeping it till late in the season option. If there are a load of players bandwagoning in gw5 and the price rises seem back to last years NTI levels, or some interesting new players added it might sway me.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Is Isgrove going to drop this week? -40.9% according to FPL Statistics. Requiring another 25% of his owners to dump him before the week is out.... That looks to be a big ask

Thats why I said minimum £0.3m. It will be £0.4m if Isgrove drops, the other three have all changed price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

qwertyups wrote: »
    Should I wildcard this lot?

De Gea(Myhill)

Chambers Hutton Terry (Wisdom, Hutton)

Siggy Mata Ramsey Eriksen( Mutch)

Rooney Costa Dzeko

A fair few doubts there and players not performing. Only have one free transfer.

You seem to have a pair of Huttons in there :pac:

I think you could hold off on the wildcard this week. That's not really a bad looking team, Dzeko will play this weekend, I believe and should perform against Stoke. Consider playing 4-4-2 and wildcard after Saturday if it still seems necessary.

Maybe ship out Mutch for Rodwell or Cattermole, will at least free up some cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Sturridge Aguero Ade

but a defence of:

Lloris

Depends on when you're wildcarding but it could be worth waiting a couple of weeks to see how De Jong settles in at newcastle. I reckon he can do very well, wouldn't be surprised to see him to get close to mata's score. Use the extra 1.9m to upgrade defence. Means no utd attacking coverage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Note to self - Don't make transfers so early in the week! Costa injured and already used my transfer to get Jovetic in for Adebayor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

With Costa out for 6 weeks I'll just go -4 and bring in Aguero. Clyne already transferred in earlier and I have the funds for Aguero

Begovic and Isgrove going down though so WC is an option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Already used my FT to get rid of Caulker. Think I'm going to wildcard today...want rid of Begovic, Bruce, Fletcher and Isgrove and don't think there's any point letting Lloris rise when I will probably get him next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

G1032 wrote: »
    With Costa out for 6 weeks I'll just go -4 and bring in Aguero. Clyne already transferred in earlier and I have the funds for Aguero

Begovic and Isgrove going down though so WC is an option

Could be out for 6 months according to some sources, nobody really knows yet though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement