Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I got rid of Bojan first thing this GW. He's one of those transfers out that's a safe bet. He's been hopeless so far. :o

Must....resist....I told you so!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    FYI, for anyone on a WC costa is fit. One less transfer to worry about.

Well that saves me a problem. I'll stick with him and have Mata as my United cover leaving me a front 7 of:

Febregas Ramsey Siggy Mata
    Costa Aguero Ade

1 million in bank for any upgrades needed at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

8-10 wrote: »
    Must....resist....I told you so!

:D

:o Well, with the exception of Naismith, none of the 5.5mil forwards have impressed so I don't feel *too* bad about it--though that 0 last week hurt.

Besides, I went with him because his nickname was 'Bojan the Trojan'. How could it have gone anything but wrong? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Well that saves me a problem. I'll stick with him and have Mata as my United cover leaving me a front 7 of:

Costa Aguero Ade

Still dangerous playing a WC before an internation break. Costa and Aguero could easily come back injured with their propensity for injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

At the minute:

Rooney Aguero Ade

Rooney is only for this weekend. I have 1 million banked to transfer him to Sturridge for Liverpool cover after this weekend.

So you're going Sturridge ahead of Costa. As a Liverpool fan i'd like to lean that way myself as it gives a good spread of all the top teams however going on the last two games Sturridge hasn't looked great and i think Sterling offers greater chance for points currently at least. I can also see Costa keeping his goalscoring run up if he remains free from injury

I've currently got

Fabregas/Ramsey/Sigurdsson/Sterling
    Costa/Adebayor/Aguero (may go jovetic for this week only)

Not sure how i feel about having zero Utd cover though despite their poor form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Costa Aguero Ade

How's your defence looking with that front 7 Lemlin? I'm afraid of cheaping out too much at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

FYI, for anyone on a WC costa is fit. One less transfer to worry about.

Good! I'm glad I didn't use my WC this week so.

How's your defence looking with that front 7 Lemlin? I'm afraid of cheaping out too much at the back.

I'm thinking of a new angle now. My defence isn't looking well. I'm looking at either:

Krul or Lloris
    Dummett Taylor Wisdom Moore van Aanholt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

what the view on costa keep him or trade out now. is he out for long

• Advertisement

So you're going Sturridge ahead of Costa. As a Liverpool fan i'd like to lean that way myself as it gives a good spread of all the top teams however going on the last two games Sturridge hasn't looked great and i think Sterling offers greater chance for points currently at least. I can also see Costa keeping his goalscoring run up if he remains free from injury

I've currently got

Fabregas/Ramsey/Sigurdsson/Sterling
    Costa/Adebayor/Aguero (may go jovetic for this week only)

Not sure how i feel about having zero Utd cover though despite their poor form!

I'm not sure that sure about it to be honest yet. The only definites are Fab, Ramsey, Siggy, Ade and Aguero. The 3rd striker and 4th mid position are still up for grabs between Rooney/Sturridge/Costa for the striker and Sterling/Mata for the mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wildcard team. Krul elliot Dummett Hutton Moore van Aanholt Taylor Marney siggy silva fab ramsey Rvp aguero ade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

rossit wrote: »
    what the view on costa keep him or trade out now. is he out for long

It's hard to know. I'm still considering either a -4 to sell him for Aguero or do the WC tonight. I have a few guys going down in price (even though it's hard to predict who is moving when) and I don't want to lose value. If they went down tonight and Costa didn't play it'd be a disaster of a weekend FF wise.

I also think it was a terribel decision on my part ( and a lot on here ) to go with Bojan or Fletcher. I went with Fletcher and thats 5.5m tied up for what?? A [EMAIL="j@ckass"]j@ckass[/EMAIL] that I have to play every week and has about as much chance of a high points return as I have of playing in the premier league.

In saying that I could just give him another week, take a chance on Costa playing and save the WC. Just don't know.

TBH I'm also not sure about Costa long term. He got a goal in each game so far but no bonus points...... For a 10.5m striker I want bonus as well as goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Who's the best 4.5 mid lads? I see King off Leicester is getting plenty of attention but I'm told by a Leicester supporter here in work that there are rumours of him being sold.

He's being played due to injuries to other players apparently and wasn't always a regular starter last year.

Wikipedia would also appear to support this:

I have Wanyama (sp?) off Southampton in there at the minute. I just want someone who plays every week.

I've stuck with Allbrighton. Came back from injury as a sub against Chelsea. Was not played in Carling Cup. Ita between him, Mahrez and Knockaert for the wide roles and i think he has a good chance of getting a regular spot. Value is holding up well. TotalFPL have him starting line up. Will be telling to see how he features this week.

Don't you have a Leicester contact in work you could ask about his prospects?

Wildcard team. Krul elliot Dummett Hutton Moore van Aanholt Taylor Marney siggy silva fab ramsey Rvp aguero ade.

Great front 7. How uncomfortable are you about no Liverpool attacker? I suppose Sturridge will come in for RVP if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

tempted to WC, but I really don't think I need to.

I've 2 free transfers, and I've already done DDG
    > Krul. so I've one potential transfer yet. If i don't use it, I'll have 2 next week again.

Krul
    Debuchy
    Terry
    Taylor
    Siggy
    Lamela
    Cesc
    Ramsey
    Sterling
    Rooney
    Dzeko

Subs: Gilks, Naismith, Bardsley, Moore

I'll sort my sub keeper out next week I'd say.

I'd like Aguero in my team and/or Silva. they're both going up in price tonight. I'm also concerned that Dzeko won't start. instinct tells me I should stick with Dzeko and make a decision after the international break on where to go with my City attackers.

Costa is someone I'll be getting in, but I want Utd coverage for the next couple of GWs. Mata and Costa for Cesc and Rooney might be an option? the problem is, Cesc is gold. I could do Mata/Costa for Sterling/Rooney for a 4 point hit? I don't think that's needed though at this point.

i could also just do my WC and get everything in shape, but with nothing hugely wrong with the team before the international break, logic tells me that it's a very risky call.

• Advertisement

is naismith going to keep mounting up the points thinking of putting him i for long

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Great front 7. How uncomfortable are you about no Liverpool attacker? I suppose Sturridge will come in for RVP if required.

Aguero to sturridge is my move for gw 4

I've stuck with Allbrighton. Came back from injury as a sub against Chelsea. Was not played in Carling Cup. Ita between him, Mahrez and Knockaert for the wide roles and i think he has a good chance of getting a regular spot. Value is holding up well. TotalFPL have him starting line up. Will be telling to see how he features this week.

Don't you have a Leicester contact in work you could ask about his prospects?

She's in London today. I asked her earlier in the week and she reckons he'll start.

That said, she said Mahrez would be the pick of the wingers in her opinion. FFS have him and Knockaert starting in their line-up.

I like it but as I'd go with Sterling over Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

I'm looking at getting rid of Isgrove as he has done nothing, anybody think Brady will play tomorrow? He scored 2 goals last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

G1032 wrote: »
    TBH I'm also not sure about Costa long term. He got a goal in each game so far but no bonus points...... For a 10.5m striker I want bonus as well as goals.

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek!? Firstly, Costa got 1 BP in the first match. His harsh yellow card not only cost him BPS points, but also possible extra assist points from a scored penalty. He got extremely unlucky. Even if the penalty had been missed he would have minimum tied Ivanovic for 2 BP's, bringing him up to a minimum of 8 points for the game. As for Gameweek 2, he was next in line for BP's. Chelsea kept a clean sheet and Ivanovic scored so they hogged the BPS points. All you want from strikers are goals, its very much out of their control whether they get BP's or not.

Again, not sure if the comment was a joke... its such a bizarre observation to make! Costa will remain in my team as long as he is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads anybody know what the story is with Costa and how long he is out for. Won't be around for the day and toying over whether to take a 4 point hit and get in Jovetic and captain him against Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

So is Costa passed fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Boots234 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting rid of Isgrove as he has done nothing, anybody think Brady will play tomorrow? He scored 2 goals last night

Yeah Isgrove never had a chance. I'll still have my eye on him this season

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads anybody know what the story is with Costa and how long he is out for. Won't be around for the day and toying over whether to take a 4 point hit and get in Jovetic and captain him against Stoke.

You're the third or fourth person to ask this, and the forum has been nothing but talk of Costa for the past three days. Not having a go at you personally, but people should at least read the posts before firing questions out.

To answer your question- Costa is either out for 6 weeks or nailed on to start against Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah Isgrove never had a chance. I'll still have my eye on him this season

Do you think Brady would be worth looking at a replacement? He hasn't really featured yet this season in the league but is scoring in the European competition

You're the third or fourth person to ask this, and the forum has been nothing but talk of Costa for the past three days. Not having a go at you personally, but people should at least read the posts before firing questions out.

To answer your question- Costa is either out for 6 weeks or nailed on to start against Everton.

Speaking of reading posts, Costa is confirmed as fit. He is not out for 6 weeks!

Seriously how hard is it for people to read the threads here or just check official twitter news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Speaking of reading posts, Costa is confirmed as fit. He is not out for 6 weeks!

Seriously how hard is it for people to read the threads here or just check official twitter news!

Where's this been confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Lads I need a defender for 5.5mil or less. Any ideas?

I already have louvren, debuchy bruce and wisdom.

Where's this been confirmed?

Chelsea TV confirmed it, as has Del Bosque who has called him up for the internationals. Press conference later today will also confirm this no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Lads I need a defender for 5.5mil or less. Any ideas?

I already have louvren, debuchy bruce and wisdom.

Clyne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Mourinho on Costa "We are trying everything for him to play tomorrow. He didn't train for the last 2 days. Today is the last day" #CFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Chelsea TV confirmed it, as has Del Bosque who has called him up for the internationals. Press conference later today will also confirm this no doubt.

Don't think it's as clear cut as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

djPSB wrote: »

I doubt he would play a full 90 anyways. Probably will be brought on if he is playing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

djPSB wrote: »

With Everton and City away in the next three I may avoid Costa for a few weeks, you can take most of what Jose says with a pinch of salt but if Costa hasn't trained it's likely he'll be on the bench in case of emergency IMO.

So costa is fit but hasn't trained. That is to be expected. Will play him any as i was not expecting big returns against Everton. Will be fine for GW 4 so no need to waste a transfer.

Aguero i am really worried about. If he starts, he could tear up stoke, but the question is will he start!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Mourinho says that if fit Costa could be on the bench.

we are just asking there are alot of guys around here with lots of info.thanks to all for your help and if anyone can figure if costa is playing let us know .:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭G1032

Really tempted to wildcard.

Any thoughts on thisScreenshot_2014_08_29_14_20_35.png

Defense is atrocious but it's a nice looking attack. It leaves me with nothing in the bank. It leaves me with just one Chelsea player. I have two Newcastle defenders. But otherwise I'd be happy with it.
    If I don't do this I'll probably lose 0.2 tonight when Begovic and Isgrove drop.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm still going to start Costa and if he gets a 1 pointer from the bench then so be it. Naismith first sub to come in if he doesn't play at all. I still have 1 FT but would rather have two to play with over the international break than transfer Costa out for Jovetic or Adebayor. My only worry would be Costa plummeting in value over the two week break.

I'm still going to start Costa and if he gets a 1 pointer from the bench then so be it. Naismith first sub to come in if he doesn't play at all. I still have 1 FT but would rather have two to play with over the international break than transfer Costa out for Jovetic or Adebayor. My only worry would be Costa plummeting in value over the two week break.

My first sub will be Hutton at home to Hull. Torn as to whether to bench Costa now....

He wouldn't plummet. Worse case scenario i imagine would be that he drops back to 10.5 and i'd be okay with that. I'm more concerned with Aguero rising heavily. A big game from him against stoke could easily mean a 0.3m rise and will force my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

My first sub will be Hutton at home to Hull. Torn as to whether to bench Costa now....

I like this scenario that someone posted on FFS (provided he scores a brace first):

"The only thing Costa is definitely out of is 2 weeks away with Spain.
    International Break on the horizon, Costa gets a non-specific, let's wait and see, can't train etc. etc. kind of injury.
    When Chelsea park the bus and eventually go 2-0 up to Everton tomorrow, Costa comes off after about 65-70 mins (which is probably about usual anyway), holding his hamstring/thigh/calf* (delete as applicable)
    He then puts his feet up for 2 weeks whilst Sturridge/Aguero/Van Perise/Rooney et al spend the next two weeks traveling halfway around the world and back.
    2 weeks time is plenty for the non-specific, let's wait and see, can't train etc. etc. kind of injury to heal, and so Costa fresh and available for SWA and, most importantly for Chelsea, mci the following week."

I can't really see Jose throwing an injured Costa in from the bench even if they're losing, but I'd be worried of a repeat of the Champions League Final where Costa started and then came off after 10 minutes. I don't fancy Naismith to score big so am willing to risk it. Hutton, on the other hand, is in my starting XI so a cleanie, goal, and 3 baps please :pac:.

Hey all, I've decided Aaron Ramsey is not part of my short term plans yeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaawwwwww:pac:

I'm an idiot:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Had 2 free transfers so decided to do De Jong for Cabella and Naismith for Bojan. Gives me an extra 0.5m to toy about with after the international break. Any thoughts?

Going to start Costa as well and have Naismith as first sub in case he doesn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Indeed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Hey all, I've decided Aaron Ramsey is not part of my short term plans yeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaawwwwww:pac:

No. Just No. Did last year teach you nothing?

I mean come on, look at me. I'm like some sage, wise old Buddha these days because of him and Yaya too I guess :eek: (and it disgusts me :o ) Remember towards the end of last season when the Hunted became the Hunters and how good it felt. We're Hunters now!

All that fine whiskey has clearly addled your perception :pac: If I can't talk you out of it, I wish you well but it's a dangerous world out there for little foxes being hunted. You may survive for a while, but what kind of lifestyle will it be, all it takes is one week for him to strike big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Play Ward-Prowse or risk as 1 pointer from Costa?

Every sensible thought says WP, but even still...

No. Just No. Did last year teach you nothing?

I mean come on, look at me. I'm like some sage, wise old Buddha these days because of him and Yaya too I guess :eek: (and it disgusts me :o ) Remember towards the end of last season when the Hunted became the Hunters and how good it felt. We're Hunters now!

All that fine whiskey has clearly addled your perception :pac: If I can't talk you out of it, I wish you well but it's a dangerous world out there for little foxes being hunted. You may survive for a while, but what kind of lifestyle will it be, all it takes is one week for him to strike big.

The risks are quite big I will grant you, the opposite is also true though and is a lot of fun. At the moment I'm happier with the balance of my team without any Arsenal coverage. I can and probably will revisit this topic again in the next few weeks but as things stand I will aim to bring him in after week 7. This could change overnight of course. I really don't know why I'm doing this but with the team I am currently looking at I may not be able to afford him, I am babbling I know, just thinking and typing, Jesus Christ, that guy can't score 30 goals a year can he?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

LVG says Di Maria is ready to play. I'm tempted to bring him in now

• Advertisement
Advertisement