Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

The risks are quite big I will grant you, the opposite is also true though and is a lot of fun. At the moment I'm happier with the balance of my team without any Arsenal coverage. I can and probably will revisit this topic again in the next few weeks but as things stand I will aim to bring him in after week 7. This could change overnight of course. I really don't know why I'm doing this but with the team I am currently looking at I may not be able to afford him, I am babbling I know, just thinking and typing, Jesus Christ, that guy can't score 30 goals a year can he?????

Fun. Fun!! You sir have lost the plot! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Looking at SSN and vibes are Aguero will have no involvement tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Fun. Fun!! You sir have lost the plot! :)

Don't you remember those rare occasions last year when he only got two or three points, maybe even one. Not to mind that time when he got injured:o

This is how I roll, it's bloody difficult to convert:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

After messing about with the WC for a while I've got this

Mannone
    Debuchy, Hutton, Dummett
    Ramsey, Di Maria, Sterling, Fabregas, Siggy
    Rooney, Jovetic

Myhill, Adebayor, Wisdom, Vlaar.

Happy with how it looks but I could end up changing it again before 11.30 tomorrow!

HighClass wrote: »

Mannone
    Debuchy, Hutton, Dummett
    Rooney, Jovetic

Happy with how it looks but I could end up changing it again before 11.30 tomorrow!

You are doubling up on the Villa defence, have a look at their short term fixture list!

Di Maria, I don't think he'll ever be worth more than about 7.5m in FPL terms but even if you do you should let him have a few weeks to settle. If you want to stick it on United then Mata has to be the pick for he next few weeks.
    Debuchy hasn't a good run of fixtures either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

HighClass wrote: »

Mannone
    Debuchy, Hutton, Dummett
    Rooney, Jovetic

I wouldn't have Ade on the bench. If you want to play 3-5-2 I'd go with a cheaper striker (Naismith), and would upgrade a few defenders as they are quite weak. 2 Villa defenders is a poor choice - we have 5 awful games after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The risks are quite big I will grant you, the opposite is also true though and is a lot of fun. At the moment I'm happier with the balance of my team without any Arsenal coverage. I can and probably will revisit this topic again in the next few weeks but as things stand I will aim to bring him in after week 7. This could change overnight of course. I really don't know why I'm doing this but with the team I am currently looking at I may not be able to afford him, I am babbling I know, just thinking and typing, Jesus Christ, that guy can't score 30 goals a year can he?????

I know, and I understand more than most. Somehow I've been able to push those urges down and keep them locked away. It's only a matter of time before I snap though. Whether it's 2 weeks or 2 months is the question though.

Sitting back in 880k when the dust settled early last season and patterns developed gave me way to much to do. Once a pattern develops I think it'll actually be easier to break away from the pattern and make a few gambles.

One thing I decided early this year is that I'm not going to win the thing, especially in the first 2 months of the game. However I can lose. I moved from 880k to around 100k in about 2 GWs last year. If I had been in and around 100k to start with then I'd have been within striking distance and able to play smarter gambles. Instead I lurched from one great white hope to the next in the hope things would turn around. They didn't!

I understand the free-spirited ideology but there's a time and a place. Maybe Ramsey will never score again and pick up an horrific injury but if he does people will just sell him anyway. You do what you have to, I'm just one former Brigadier giving friendly advice to another :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looking at SSN and vibes are Aguero will have no involvement tomorrow.

What exactly are these "vibes" you are getting?

I wonder are we still thinking of Ramsey as a 7m man though. You'd expect a 9m player to chip in with 10 goals a year. I saw quite a lot of both of Arsenals league games and can't recall him troubling the goalies much.
    My front 7 at this moment in time is Siggy, Hazard, Sterling, Eriksen(still think he's the best potential in Spurs midfield). Rooney, Aguero and Adebayor.

I'm quite happy with that. If more news emerges that Aguero doesn't start this week i'll probably revisit the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I wonder are we still thinking of Ramsey as a 7m man though. You'd expect a 9m player to chip in with 10 goals a year. I saw quite a lot of both of Arsenals league games and can't recall him troubling the goalies much.
    My front 7 at this moment in time is Siggy, Hazard, Sterling, Eriksen(still think he's the best potential in Spurs midfield). Rooney, Aguero and Adebayor.

I'm quite happy with that. If more news emerges that Aguero doesn't start this week i'll probably revisit the whole thing.

I guess they just had to pick the ball out of the net twice, no biggie :pac:

Sorry :p I think I've probably conveyed my thoughts on the topic enough by now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yeah, what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

The sexy chick...who was holding most of my concentration said it.

Well if he keeps scoring I'm not too worried about him troubling the goalies :pac:

I saw the Palace game and I noticed he was making a pass and getting into the box then alot. Didn't see the Everton game so can't comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I reckon Ramsey is indispensable. You'd be mad not to have him.

The sexy chick...who was holding most of my concentration said it.

I think he'll get second half max but I think he'll do damage in it. I stick by my expectation that he will not start.

I think he'll get second half max but I think he'll do damage in it. I stick by my expectation that he will not start.
    Between the 2 of you, I've been talked out of including him in my WC. If he starts and does the business I will be very cranky.

I reckon Ramsey is indispensable. You'd be mad not to have him.

Ya, that's what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ramsey hasn't been as all action as last season in terms of shots outside the box and key passes. But if he's playing poorly and still getting a goal a match then he's definitely staying in my team. I just won't be captaining him this week.

CSF wrote: »
    Between the 2 of you, I've been talked out of including him in my WC. If he starts and does the business I will be very cranky.

I'm including him in mine. 45 minutes is more than enough for him to cause trouble for Stoke. He's the best player in the league IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Having used my WC this week im now regretting it! Too much uncertainty over a number of players i want in my team and i was already doing well. Damn that sexy wildcard and my lack of willpower! The whole Costa situation is a nightmare! Wondering is it a wasted opportunity to bring someone in for him this week who is guaranteed to start considering I've Aguero in there too already. Doing my own head in pricking about with team selections constantly! I didn't put this much thought, effort and research into my degree finals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Having used my WC this week im now regretting it! Too much uncertainty over a number of players i want in my team and i was already doing well. Damn that sexy wildcard and my lack of willpower! The whole Costa situation is a nightmare! Wondering is it a wasted opportunity to bring someone in for him this week who is guaranteed to start considering I've Aguero in there too already. Doing my own head in pricking about with team selections constantly! I didn't put this much thought, effort and research into my degree finals!

If I had a WC this week, I'd have someone other than Costa (e.g. Ade) but have the money to bring him back in with one transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

If I had a WC this week, I'd have someone other than Costa (e.g. Ade) but have the money to bring him back in with one transfer.

I've just brought Rooney back in for him despite having him being on e of the reasons for using the WC in the first place! Rooney Adebayor Aguero up front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Who was the treacle on Sky Sports News yer all going crazy over? Sawyer?

I'm including him in mine. 45 minutes is more than enough for him to cause trouble for Stoke. He's the best player in the league IMO.

45 minutes isn't enough for me, especially with City not having kind upcoming fixtures. I'll look elsewhere for now and come back to him at a later point.

Chelsea have Everton away, Swansea home and City away. It's no bad thing taking Costa out for those fixtures anyway.
    45 minutes isn't enough for me, especially with City not having kind upcoming fixtures. I'll look elsewhere for now and come back to him at a later point.

The man is fixture proof. He can score against anyone when on form. Without even checking stats for last year I remember him scoring against Chelsea and Arsenal and he only needed a run out to score against Liverpool this year.

• Advertisement

Chelsea have Everton away, Swansea home and City away. It's no bad thing taking Costa out for those fixtures anyway.

The man is fixture proof. He can score against anyone when on form. Without even checking stats for last year I remember him scoring against Chelsea and Arsenal and he only needed a run out to score against Liverpool this year.

I don't believe in the term fixture proof, just because he may score a goal against some good teams, doesn't mean he won't score better (and so will the other big hitters) against the poorer teams.

I don't believe in the term fixture proof, just because he may score a goal against some good teams, doesn't mean he won't score better (and so will the other big hitters) against the poorer teams.

I think you've a different concept of the word "fixture proof" than I do.

By fixture proof, I mean I wouldn't drop him for any game because he's capable of scoring at least one goal against any team, even the top teams.

Whether he's playing a poor team or a good team doesn't come into it, I'll always play him. It might effect captaining him but not picking him.

I think you've a different concept of the word "fixture proof" than I do.

By fixture proof, I mean I wouldn't drop him for any game because he's capable of scoring at least one goal against any team, even the top teams.

Whether he's playing a poor team or a good team doesn't come into it, I'll always play him. It might effect captaining him but not picking him.

Well it is a loose enough term in any case.

If he was in my team this week I wouldn't be dropping him, because as you said, he could still do the business.

But it's wildcard this week so I need to look at those with the maximum scoring potential for the next few weeks relative to price.

If Aguero doesn't start tomorrow he doesn't figure in that 3 Imo. If he starts and plays 65-70 minutes I'll probably end up disappointed in my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As matter of interest why did you WC,cos you have had bad start or have load of injuries,or imminent price rises?

Just seen this now mainly because I picked a team with 8 attackers I'm happy to go with and want to change it to the same 7 every week and a cheap mid. I also want to get on all the cheap defs before they go up. I've had a good start 128 pts but not happy with the layout of my team and always wildcard early as don't see the benefit of keeping it till late in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    He wouldn't plummet. Worse case scenario i imagine would be that he drops back to 10.5 and i'd be okay with that. I'm more concerned with Aguero rising heavily. A big game from him against stoke could easily mean a 0.3m rise and will force my hand.

So a good old knee jerk ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

So a good old knee jerk ☺

Not really, he is my plans and thinking already based on a long term plan so i'd just have to expedite the move to keep the plan intact

A lot different from OMG!!!! Dier 2 goals, WOW, he's my next transfer!!----Wait, What do you mean Dier is 3rd choice behind naughton and walker? - he's scored 2 goals, that can't be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Glad I kept the faith, would have costa me 4 points

ShaneU wrote: »
    Glad I kept the faith, would have costa me 4 points

Yeah, never trust the tabloids. 2 days ago he was out for 6 weeks!

Still wouldn't expect Costa to start tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

'Passed fit' doesn't necessarily mean 90 minutes. Probably will play him ahead of Naismith though. Don't fancy Everton to put too many past Chelsea!

'Passed fit' doesn't necessarily mean 90 minutes. Probably will play him ahead of Naismith though. Don't fancy Everton to put too many past Chelsea!

I reckon the game will be split between him and Drogba 60/30 depending on the score at the 60 mark. Sky is reporting that Torres is due for a medical tomorrow pending a move to AC therefore he should be out of the reckoning

Lads a suitable replacement for Giroud and Felipe Luis?

Have 2 transfers

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

is Jovetic worth a gamble on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Adebayor or Riviere?

Right so probably go Giroud and Luis to Jovetic and another Chelsea defender?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Terry - BP magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-29/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-passed-fit-to-play-everton/

Story from ITV citing Press Association Sport that he came through training unscathed.

What Jose said earlier was along the line of he would have a light training session and depending on the reaction would travel to Everton and be 'on the bench, on the pitch, we'll see'

Looking a lot more chance of him starting than when I set out for Finn Park....

FHFC wrote: »
    http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-08-29/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-passed-fit-to-play-everton/

Story from ITV citing Press Association Sport that he came through training unscathed.

What Jose said earlier was along the line of he would have a light training session and depending on the reaction would travel to Everton and be 'on the bench, on the pitch, we'll see'

Looking a lot more chance of him starting than when I set out for Finn Park....

We are dealing with a guy's hamstring who has had massive hamstring problems of late.

Mourinho would be nuts to risk him when you consider how that played out in the CL final.

Leave him out tomorrow, then you've a case to get him out of the international game and he gets a chance to be in shape rather than running through what both him and Aguero had last season.

Mourinho is a very intelligent man, I can't see him taking chances with his star striker that he has no real backup for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Bony or Ade lads??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Bony or Ade lads??
    Or Drogbo or Eto??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

liam7831 wrote: »
    Or Drogbo or Eto??

Or Jovetic.

Think that's who I'm gonna go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

liam7831 wrote: »
    Or Drogbo or Eto??

Neither are guaranteed a start and both will be mainly used from the bench
    Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Or Jovetic.

Think that's who I'm gonna go with.

Once Aguero and Dzeko are fit will he start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Bony seems to be a good option but expensive enough

Advertisement