Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

My big gamble this week was to bring in Siem de Jong. I see FFS have oicked him in their Scoutpicks this week. Here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭united2k11

young out, who to put in midfield? have 7.7m in the bank, already have sanchez, hazard, and siggurdson in MF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

united2k11 wrote: »
    young out, who to put in midfield? have 7.7m in the bank, already have sanchez, hazard, and siggurdson in MF

See above. Siem de Jong at Newcastle. Making his full debut and Newcastle have a good run of fixtures coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

united2k11 wrote: »
    menoscemo wrote: »
    See above. Siem de Jong at Newcastle. Making his full debut and Newcastle have a good run of fixtures coming up.

De Jong could be a good shout. Tadic from Southampton also looks like a player who'll rack up good points and has a nice fixture list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

G1032 wrote: »
    Really tempted to wildcard.

Any thoughts on thisScreenshot_2014_08_29_14_20_35.png

Defense is atrocious but it's a nice looking attack. It leaves me with nothing in the bank. It leaves me with just one Chelsea player. I have two Newcastle defenders. But otherwise I'd be happy with it.
    If I don't do this I'll probably lose 0.2 tonight when Begovic and Isgrove drop.

Any thoughts?

Bump!
    Any opinions on this team? Adebayor will not be captain by the way!
    Selling Begovic, Fletcher, Rooney, Costa, Isgrove, Cahill, Clyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Still have 1 free transfer.

Current Team:

Gk: De Gea, Gilks.

Def: Terry, Debuchy, Pieters, Taylor, Hutton.

Mid: Fabregas, Mata, Ramsey, Sigurdson, Albrighton.

Fwd: Rooney, Costa, Naismith.

Im currently banking the transfer but not very happy with my starting lineup. Alot of players playing away from home. Im thinking of going Costa to Adebayor. Any other ideas for transfers. I have 1.4 in the bank as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

menoscemo wrote: »
    My big gamble this week was to bring in Siem de Jong. I see FFS have oicked him in their Scoutpicks this week. Here's hoping...

I'm keeping an eye on him this weekend, he's nicely priced if he does the business.

Bump!

A lot of money tied up up front, which is having an effect on your back line. Maybe swap RVP and Sterling for Mata and Sturridge and upgrade Coloccini/Krul so you're not doubling up on Newcastle (maybe hang on to Clyne?)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm at a loss as to my transfer. Head says Begovic to Krul, heart says need City players :D
    Begovic
    Caulker - Clyne - Ivanovic
    Mata - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Ramsey
    Rooney - Costa - Fletcher
    SUBS: Debuchy, Isgrove, Moore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

CSF wrote: »
    Still wouldn't expect Costa to start tomorrow.

I reckon costa will be chelseas version of aguero. only needs < 30 mins to score ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm at a loss as to my transfer. Head says Begovic to Krul, heart says need City players :D
    Begovic
    Caulker - Clyne - Ivanovic
    Mata - Fabregas - Sigurdsson - Ramsey
    Rooney - Costa - Fletcher
    SUBS: Debuchy, Isgrove, Moore

Fletcher out to someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Midlecat

Herrera and Giroud. Two replacements?

Siem DeJong and 9.6 striker????

adebayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

thunderdog wrote: »
    I reckon costa will be chelseas version of aguero. only needs < 30 mins to score ;)

Nah I don't see that, he's not even half as talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Can't be sure on Costa so I've done Costa -> Jovetic; gives me a frontline of Rooney Dzeko Jovetic. Risky doubling up on City attackers I know but their home form on occasions last season was unreal and they looked v good on monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bump!
    I like it very similar to my wildcard team. Id do collocini to dummett and duff to a 4.5 defender. Ill also be going with 2 newcastle defensive options I think they are seriously undervalued this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Wildcard team! Still not happy with it but need to sleep....

Very tempted to go with Aguero AND Jovetic up front instead of Adebayor though as at least i know one of them will have to get me some points! Defence is not great but is not hopeless either.

Anyone with any final words of wisdom before i pass out and hopefully wake up after the 11:30am deadline:rolleyes:

8m8trNG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

jela in, austin out

• Registered Users Posts: 3 irishswan546

Bony or Ade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

I went for the wildcard lads here it is

Krul elliot
    debuchy azpil clichy hutton wisdom
    Fab ramsey mata wardprowse cattermole
    Costa rooney dzeko

Thoughts if any lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Bony or Ade

Bony for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I have a decision to make in my defence. Who should I pick between Neil Taylor and van Aanholt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

jebforever wrote: »
    I have a decision to make in my defence. Who should I pick between Neil Taylor and van Aanholt?

I'd go for Taylor in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

jebforever wrote: »

I'd go for Taylor at-this-particular-moment-in-time

kenny-cunningham-1752012-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

irish son wrote: »
    I'd go for Taylor in that situation.
    manual_man wrote: »
    I'd go for Taylor at-this-particular-moment-in-time

kenny-cunningham-1752012-390x285.jpg

Cheers guys. Pieters out, Taylor in. Did Costa out for Ade in my other transfer.

I ended up wildcarding with

Krul Elliot

Jones Kelly Dummett Hutton Wisdom

Sterling Ramsey Sanchez No 1 Sigurdsson Sanchez No 2

Rooney RVP Jovetic

On the plane over to the Villa game at the moment, somebody tell me I'm nuts before I land please!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Going to watch Villa? You're nuts.

Keno wrote: »
    Going to watch Villa? You're nuts.

I go to most Villa home games!!! 2nd team after Shels!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

I like it very similar to my wildcard team. Id do collocini to dummett and duff to a 4.5 defender. Ill also be going with 2 newcastle defensive options I think they are seriously undervalued this year.

I still haven't done it. Got too tired last night and couldn't think straight! I've had a quick look and it appears that team is still possible for me. Going to be on the road from half 9 so need to decide quickly whether or not play this WC..

Edit: Well b0ll0cks. Adebayor went up last night. It means I can't now play my preferred WC. I'll have to downgrade Coloccini to Dummet and probably keep Duff. On the plus side this will leave me with 0.4 itb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

CSF wrote: »
    I go to most Villa home games!!! 2nd team after Shels!!!

That you roy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

did two earlier in the week, sanchez to ramsey and bojan to naismith.
    took the hit to fix my team a little and maybe hold off on the wildcard a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Bony for me

Me too.

did my free transfer early in week but have costa.
    Worth a hit to bring in naismith or wickham for bojan in case costa doesn't play?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Costa should he be sold at least for this week?

Sturridge silva or Aguero sterling is my last remaining wildcard issue.

Sturridge silva or Aguero sterling is my last remaining wildcard issue.

What is the rest of your team?

I've gone with Sterling/Jovetic (with enough to transfer Aguero in after this week)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Is it worth getting rid of Costa for a 4 point hit? or should i risk it and keep him in my team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Is it worth getting rid of Costa for a 4 point hit? or should i risk it and keep him in my team?

keep him, he will play, maybe not 90 mins, but he will play

What is the rest of your team?

I've gone with Sterling/Jovetic (with enough to transfer Aguero in after this week)

krul elliot dummet hutton van aanholt taylor moore fab ramsey siggy marney sterling ade rvp aguero. Could replace sterling with silva and aguero with sturridge. Ive also considered your jovetic strategy.

krul elliot dummet hutton van aanholt taylor moore fab ramsey siggy marney sterling ade rvp aguero. Could replace sterling with silva and aguero with sturridge. Ive also considered your jovetic strategy.

Very similar to my own. Only i've gone with Rooney up front over RVP and have Kompany picked for this weekend in place of your Hutton.

Not sure about doubling up on Newcastle defence, i also have Krul/Elliot/Dummett but it will either be genius or disaster i guess. I will definitely be bringing in Aguero over Silva i'm just not certain of him starting yet so going for Jovetic for one week only i'd say. I'm not convinced on Sturridge's form just yet either (saying that as a Pool fan) and reckon Sterling still offers better point scoring potential for the time being.

Very similar to my own. Only i've gone with Rooney up front over RVP and have Kompany picked for this weekend in place of your Hutton.

Not sure about doubling up on Newcastle defence, i also have Krul/Elliot/Dummett but it will either be genius or disaster i guess. I will definitely be bringing in Aguero over Silva i'm just not certain of him starting yet so going for Jovetic for one week only i'd say. I'm not convinced on Sturridge's form just yet either (saying that as a Pool fan) and reckon Sterling still offers better point scoring potential for the time being.

Ive decided to go sturridge and silva will have money for aguero if need be. I want sturridge over aguero for gw 4 and 5 so hopefully injuries permitting I can bank next weeks transfer.

Ive decided to go sturridge and silva will have money for aguero if need be. I want sturridge over aguero for gw 4 and 5 so hopefully injuries permitting I can bank next weeks transfer.

Best of luck! I'll be hoping Sterling outscores Sturridge personally though :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

reluctantly went with Jovetic last night for Giroud, was tempted to just bank the transfer, but followed the hype, left the captain armband with ade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Kept Costa in think he will play some part so hope for a win. Transferred Coleman for Baines as I think he is the better option of the 2 why I bought Baines at the start I have no idea

Well that was a waste of a captain bye bye rooney

Right, Cahill > Jones is off the table, but now I'm thinking Begovic > Lloris. A long term change rather than just for this weekend, and thinking I'd better do it quick as price rises/falls might intervene otherwise (I have the 0.5m in the bank).

I haven't done it yet because I also have Chambers, Costa and Jovetic in my team and they're all likely to need the boot next week. But I could resort to my wildcard during the break.

Well, that worked out well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I don't get this? He has 9 points from 2 games, it's not great but only 5 strikers have outscored him so far. And he has good fixtures coming up...

ROONEY IS KILLING ME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2ytpj4y.pngScreen-shot-2014-08-30-at-10.03.15-PM.png

Costa's injured they said, Austin's dropping they said, sell before they lose value they said, hon the little guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Yeah everyone, Rooney is crap, sell him on please!

I'd like to but him back at 10.3 or even 10.2, sell sell sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

dahat wrote: »
    Yeah everyone, Rooney is crap, sell him on please!

I'd like to but him back at 10.3 or even 10.2, sell sell sell.

I kept him on the now flimsy looking premise of a home game against leicester and away to burnley
    Ive a wildcard in play now, so plenty to think about!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Well to say I am sickened would be an understatement! Used the wildcard because I was 20 points behind the leader in my pay league and now im 40 behind him, absolutle horror show of a week! Transferred out Costa for RVP and made him my captain, he is now out for anything upto 2months (knee surgery apparently), he got me a total of 4 points. Oh well lesson learned! Going to give it a break now for a week with the international break there will surley be a few injuries to players away on duty. The united fan inside my heart tells me falcao will be a demon for goals, although my head is saying costa/aguero . Feck it anyway wildcard gone and rvp gone in one week. Head is well and truely gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

FHFC wrote: »
    Hmm, it is possibly my favourite Mick gif.

Looking at my short to medium term plan I really didn't want Aguero and Ade to rise so soon. Doubts creeping in that I'm holding onto the idea of keeping the wildcard in the face of all evidence against.

Looking at options again properly and think I'm ok.

Thanks Super Mick.....

Not a gif, but still a worthy mick mccarthy gem to add to the archive

Advertisement