Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Can anybody tell me if Yoshida is a nailed in starter for Southampton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

G1032 wrote: »

As far as I'm aware he is. He filled in last year when one of their CB pairing was injured, so I can imagine him filling in for the foreseeable future unless Soton bring in someone new.

I'm not a Southampton fan so don't take my word as gospel :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Danger781 wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware he is. He filled in last year when one of their CB pairing was injured, so I can imagine him filling in for the foreseeable future unless Soton bring in someone new.

I'm not a Southampton fan so don't take my word as gospel :)

Gardos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

IS Crack the code not working anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He's not.

Clyne or Bertrand so from Southampton. I'll bring one of them in tonight for Caulker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Clyne or Bertrand so from Southampton. I'll bring one of them in tonight for Caulker.

Same.

I don't think I'm going in use Caulker in GW3 due to QPRs poor form. In GW4, currently my defenders play City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea.

Caulker -> Clyne makes sense for me. I need him for GW4. I'm going for Clyne as he has a decent history of assists (5 last season, 3 the season before) and has already scored this season. Bertrand hasn't had a goal or assist in 3 seasons. It'll also help me to avoid Caulkers possible price drop.

My biggest problem is who to get instead of Austin. I'm not sure whether I should go for Jelavic or Berahino. Leaning towards Jelavic, even though Hull will probably sign a striker by the time I want to use him in GW4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Is tadic to chadli a good move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Jovetić bandwagon in 3, 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

All aboard the Kun wagon :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Time to bring in some City attacking cover I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Rooney -> Aguero will be seriously considered now. Aguero if fit is almost fixture proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I just posted in the matchday thread and it's pertinent here too I think:

City play Arsenal (a) and Chelsea (h) after Stoke and a 2 week break. Just throwing it out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Tempted by Aguero, but it would take a -4 or wild card so I'll hold off. Will work towards a GW6 entry for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

if dzeko is injured Ill be getting in aguero actually Ill probably get aguero no matter what.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Plan on using my WC next week so fixtures after that are irrelevant :pac:

Will likely do Giroud -> Jovetic

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

May be getting carried away with myself but thinking Debuchy to a 4.1 defender (undecided as of yet) and Bojan --> Jovetic. I fear I might be knee-jerking? Thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

You have £5.5m to spend on a midfielder, and its between Seb Larsson and Nathan Dyer. GO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

roryc wrote: »
    You have £5.5m to spend on a midfielder, and its between Seb Larsson and Nathan Dyer. GO

Larsson. Sunderland play QPR. I expect goals and for him to be involved.

Thats exactly my thinking. I need to get rid of Isgrove and Bojan and looking to bring in Naismith and a £5.5m midfielder with an aim to alternating them. Naismith has tough fixtures in GW6 + 7 when Larsson faces Swansea and Stoke at home.

Dyer is the only other one I can see that would be worth a punt, and his stats from previous seasons are better than Larssons, but for some reason I think I'll go with the latter. QPR is definitely a factor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thats exactly my thinking. I need to get rid of Isgrove and Bojan and looking to bring in Naismith and a £5.5m midfielder with an aim to alternating them. Naismith has tough fixtures in GW6 + 7 when Larsson faces Swansea and Stoke at home.

Dyer is the only other one I can see that would be worth a punt, and his stats from previous seasons are better than Larssons, but for some reason I think I'll go with the latter. QPR is definitely a factor!

Have you considered Rodwell?
    He's playing quite advanced, I like the look of him even if he's sitting there on my bench :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Larsson. Sunderland play QPR. I expect goals and for him to be involved.

hmm debating getting rid of Mata for him. But Utd play Burnley QPR and Leicester

Suppose the sensible thing is him in for Henderson

Transfers done. Bojan likely going down tonight and Larsson going up. Think my team looks a lot healthier now, always going to have a lot of hit and miss players in your initial team but I can slowly weed them out without using the wildcard. Pieters and Mata and hovering around the chopping board, as is Rooney. I want to fit Sterling and Aguero in, but the latter won't get in until he starts two consecutive games, don't care how dangerous he is from the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Rooney --> Aguero?

Either that or Fletcher --> Adebayor. Leaning towards getting Aguero in as he has Stoke at home next and is obviously more captainable than Adebayor. Can always downgrade Aguero if he picks up an injury, I'd expect him to start this weekend though given he's come on as a sub in the last 2 games. The fact that people will struggle to get Aguero in due to his price makes him more appealing as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Despite urging caution on City due to fixtures Austin-> Jovetic does look like it's in the driving seat to be my transfer with 2.0 in the bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Caulker out. Taylor in.

3.5 million banked now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Despite urging caution on City due to fixtures Austin-> Jovetic does look like it's in the driving seat to be my transfer with 2.0 in the bank.

I'm thinking about switching back from bony :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Dzeko- Aguero
    Sanchez -Sig
    Giroud -ade

I hope Silva isn't injured but if so I'll get Ramsey for -8 hit.

On DDG , why would people get rid of him, fixtures look good and they ll have rogo and herrera back next week hopefully, which will surely help them.I'm keeping Rooney and ddg for a few more weeks and I expect a decent return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Will likely do Giroud -> Jovetic
    I've a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of that for the next 4 days on here
    May be getting carried away with myself but thinking Debuchy to a 4.1 defender (undecided as of yet) and Bojan --> Jovetic. I fear I might be knee-jerking? Thoughts anyone?
    Yes. There's a lad called Aguero who's about to come back into the team, followed soon after by a lad called Negredo.

• Advertisement

I'd have no fear (bar rotation) of having City attacking players against any team... Chelsea maybe a bit, but their attackers are fixture proof imo.
    They averaged over 2.5 goals a game last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jive wrote: »
    Rooney --> Aguero?

Either that or Fletcher --> Adebayor. Leaning towards getting Aguero in as he has Stoke at home next and is obviously more captainable than Adebayor. Can always downgrade Aguero if he picks up an injury, I'd expect him to start this weekend though given he's come on as a sub in the last 2 games. The fact that people will struggle to get Aguero in due to his price makes him more appealing as well.

Aguero has play 31 minutes of football this season, I don't see him starting, probably come on 55 minute mark. 12m tired up in a player that may come on is a waste imo, ade who will start would be better choice until Aguero starts at least one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Who is the Newcastle defender of choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Aguero has play 31 minutes of football this season, I don't see him starting, probably come on 55 minute mark. 12m tired up in a player that may come on is a waste imo, ade who will start would be better choice until Aguero starts at least one game.
    He's also scored two goals in those 31 mins.

Coloccini at £4.5m, Dummett at £4m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dummet is cheapest at 4m and should start till Santon comes back in Nov. Gets forward, good option.

If you want longer term Coloccini is nailed on, 4.5m and got 3 bonus for their last clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cheers fellas, may go with Colloccini

Ah thought he came on earlier against Newcastle. I'm reluctantly going to hold off so. Might just go for Adebayor and take a hit when I want/need to get Aguero in.

Having said that... 11 points in 31 mins of football against much better teams than Stoke :o:o:o decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

think i'll bank the transfer

currently with: guzan gilks, hutton clyne ferdinand bruce dummett, rambo sterling fab siggy king, aguero costa rooney

nothing jumping out at me and the extra transfer might come in handy after the int'l break

Ivanovic seriously tempting me but no value taking a hit for him this gw playing A to everton so i'll hold off for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Coloccini at £4.5m, Dummett at £4m

Dummett was on a few set pieces last season when he played, who has them now?
    frimpong wrote: »
    He's also scored two goals in those 31 mins.

If your paying 12m for a striker, I'd be looking for more than 1 goal a game, which is what he is currently giving you. If he starts games then obv he has greater chance to score more than 1. Suppose he doesn't start against stoke, the international break then comes, and who knows what will happen to him. He has a tendency last while to break down when rushed back

Best option for city is not to start him, saying he's not fully match fit and therefore try to avoid him going off to the Argentina games during the international break and have him fresh for the 2 big games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

With a 4 point hit I could replace Begovic with Krul/Mannone/4.5m keeper, Terry with a 4.5m defender (Soton or Swansea) and get Jovetic in for Bojan. Too kneejerk? Talk of Eto'o to Everton is giving me doubts about Naismith's playing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    think i'll bank the transfer

currently with: guzan gilks, hutton clyne ferdinand bruce dummett, rambo sterling fab siggy king, aguero costa rooney

nothing jumping out at me and the extra transfer might come in handy after the int'l break

Ivanovic seriously tempting me but no value taking a hit for him this gw playing A to everton so i'll hold off for now
    that is some front 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Getting rid of Yaya for Ramsey saturday night is looking very good now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

If your paying 12m for a striker, I'd be looking for more than 1 goal a game, which is what he is currently giving you. If he starts games then obv he has greater chance to score more than 1. Suppose he doesn't start against stoke, the international break then comes, and who knows what will happen to him. He has a tendency last while to break down when rushed back

Best option for city is not to start him, saying he's not fully match fit and therefore try to avoid him going off to the Argentina games during the international break and have him fresh for the 2 big games.

One goal a game is great! If I was told there was a striker that would score a goal every single game, I'd buy him, even for 12m. He'd probably average 2 BPs on top of that, giving him 8 points every week.

No striker gets more than a goal a game in the premier league...

If your paying 12m for a striker, I'd be looking for more than 1 goal a game, which is what he is currently giving you. If he starts games then obv he has greater chance to score more than 1.

You may want to reassess your expectations there!
    Suarez had 31 in 32 games last year I think. That's prob the best return (maybe Shearer got close) there's ever been for someone playing a significant amount of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Taking hits to bring in players who have thus far earned points does not mean future returns!
    I see people talking about taking hits to transfer in Hutton or Vlaar for example, have u seen Villas fixture list?!?! Liverpool Arsenal Chelsea City Everton GW4-8!!
    Early bandwagons are nice, but only if a player is sure to start and has at least some fixtures to back it up like Siggy for example.
    Better value first team players from the better teams/better fixtures should be your goal, not flavour of the week!
    Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

El Ahamadi out King in.

Straight swap.. one will fall other will rise.

Makes sense to keep the value up in my team

More than one goal per game? I would pay £15m for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Points hit to get rid of Giroud now required :(

Who to get is the next thing, 10.5m to spend

Advertisement