Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dempsey wrote: »
    Points hit to get rid of Giroud now required :(

Who are you thinking of? I also have him and no one really jumping out at me. I even considered Naismith today for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Who to get is the next thing, 10.5m to spend

Jovetic? I'm thinking of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jovetic is a rotation risk

Who are you thinking of? I also have him and no one really jumping out at me. I even considered Naismith today for a while!

I'm thinking Giroud/ Bojan to Jovetic/Wickham

or

Giroud/ Mutch to Jovetic/Chadli

Any opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Siem De Jong anyone?

• Advertisement

Really. Ok didn't factor that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

irish son wrote: »
    Siem De Jong anyone?

Love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who to get is the next thing, 10.5m to spend

have you used your 1 FT already?

coz if not he's still on 8.5M and you could do a straight swap for Ade/Dzeko. Or Jovetic if you fancy jumping on that train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shhhhh. At least let him get back to 8.0 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

is clichy a regular started for city ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

PARlance wrote: »
    You may want to reassess your expectations there!
    Suarez had 31 in 32 games last year I think. That's prob the best return (maybe Shearer got close) there's ever been for someone playing a significant amount of games.

There were multiple games were he was scoring 2/3 goals, he also got a hell of a lot of assists, and was guaranteed starter.

Now compare him to Aguero, he's not guarantee to start his next game, he has history of breaking down when rushed back after injury. There is an international break coming up. Why would you risk paying 12m for a striker that hasn't complete 90 mins of football?

It's probably being 3/4 months since he complete 90 mins of a competitive match.

I just don't get the rush in going to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

thinking sanchez to larsson
    & lovren to coloccini.
    Thoughts

Autofill offering Naismith + Siggy

Maybe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

manual_man wrote: »
    have you used your 1 FT already?

coz if not he's still on 8.5M and you could do a straight swap for Ade/Dzeko. Or Jovetic if you fancy jumping on that train

Did Yaya to Ramsey on saturday.

Dzeko & Jovetic are rotation risks, Ade is Ade. I'm looking for someone a bit more consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Caulker have more goal attempts than Costa :D

Was going to dump him for Clyne but might keep him atleast one more week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There were multiple games were he was scoring 2/3 goals, he also got a hell of a lot of assists, and was guaranteed starter.

Now compare him to Aguero, he's not guarantee to start his next game, he has history of breaking down when rushed back after injury. There is an international break coming up. Why would you risk paying 12m for a striker that hasn't complete 90 mins of football?

It's probably being 3/4 months since he complete 90 mins of a competitive match.

I just don't get the rush in going to get him.

Can't argue with that logic and that's why I only replied to your goals per game expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

is clichy a regular started for city ?

I have my eye on him from GW6 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

why gw6 . problem for me is i have sagna since before season started but hes not playing i was gonna swap for clichy whos same price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Rumours on Twitter saying that Giroud has broke his foot and will be out for 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think GW 6 is the right time to bring Aguero in. Should have a good idea of his fitness by then and coincides nicely with tougher fixtures for Rooney

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Love him.

I have 7m for a midfielder or forward and he's front of my list at the moment, Newcastle have some good fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Dummett was on a few set pieces last season when he played, who has them now?

If your paying 12m for a striker, I'd be looking for more than 1 goal a game, which is what he is currently giving you. If he starts games then obv he has greater chance to score more than 1. Suppose he doesn't start against stoke, the international break then comes, and who knows what will happen to him. He has a tendency last while to break down when rushed back

Best option for city is not to start him, saying he's not fully match fit and therefore try to avoid him going off to the Argentina games during the international break and have him fresh for the 2 big games.

So you'd be expecting more than 38 goals in the season. I think that's asking a bit much to be honest. A goal a game is an excellent return for any striker.

Edit - I see about 46 people have already posted this, never mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Sterling -> Mata :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

may actually get jovetic as a 1 week punt as Ive made my mind up to wildcard next week.

Chester's red has left me with a problem.

My defenders: Terry - Bardsley - Chester(suspended) - Targett(don't ask) - Moore(v Arsenal).

Any suggestions on who I should replace Chester or Targett with?

Nib wrote: »
    Chester's red has left me with a problem.

My defenders: Terry - Bardsley - Chester(suspended) - Targett(don't ask) - Moore(v Arsenal).

Any suggestions on who I should replace Chester or Targett with?

Coloccini or Dummet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

may actually get jovetic as a 1 week punt as Ive made my mind up to wildcard next week.

Wondering why you're so set on wildcarding when you have had a pretty brilliant start??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

qwabercd wrote: »
    So you'd be expecting more than 38 goals in the season. I think that's asking a bit much to be honest. A goal a game is an excellent return for any striker.

Edit - I see about 46 people have already posted this, never mind.

I was implying assists etc, which I've sorted pointed out.

Anyway point is transferring him in now given his current situation is a risk.

Caulker have more goal attempts than Costa :D

Was going to dump him for Clyne but might keep him atleast one more week

Could really do without losing the 0.1 on Caulker but it's not worth a hit even for me.

He could drop tonight, although TotalFPL are pretty much guessing from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Caulker plays Sunderland at home, not a transfer out I could possibly justify. Keeping my faith for another few weeks there.

irish son wrote: »
    Coloccini or Dummet.
    Just done Dummett.

Remarkably, he'll be my only player playing at home. :eek:

Caulker plays Sunderland at home, not a transfer out I could possibly justify. Keeping my faith for another few weeks there.

Nope. If it was a situation like this week where I had bad defender options and a possible good chance of a clean sheet to bring in I'd be on it.

But my 5 defenders play Palace (h), Sunderland (h), Hull (h), QPR (a) and West Ham (a). So no, unfortunately have to take the price drop.

May even end up 442.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I was implying assists etc, which I've sorted pointed out.

Anyway point is transferring him in now given his current situation is a risk.

With Dzeko now flagged and negredo still injured I think he should get more game time, at least 45 mins if not start.
    Jovetic is def worth rolling the dice on but the way I see it if your going to get Aguero in anyway and you have the funds what's the point in waiting.
    Is Silva injured , was he taken off due to an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

With Dzeko now flagged and negredo still injured I think he should get more game time, at least 45 mins if not start.
    Jovetic is def worth rolling the dice on but the way I see it if your going to get Aguero in anyway and you have the funds what's the point in waiting.
    Is Silva injured , was he taken off due to an injury?

Silva rested no worries there. Pellegrini has stated that Dzeko injury is minor and should be absolutely fine.
    Peoples opinion on Jovetic is clouded from last year, he was a premium signing that is now fit and rearing to go, but of course rotation rotation rotation....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I actually heard some rumour of Negredo going back to Spain.

Yiou never know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Silva rested no worries there. Pellegrini has stated that Dzeko injury is minor and should be absolutely fine.
    Peoples opinion on Jovetic is clouded from last year, he was a premium signing that is now fit and rearing to go, but of course rotation rotation rotation....
    Cheers , yea he is a class player no doubt but Aguero is the main man there, the more I think about not playing Aguero is silly.at the very least he will get 45 mins and should start every game at least till champions league starts.
    At 5.6% ownership Aswell its a good differential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Going to sell Toure for either Silva or Sterling,which should I go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭G1032

Did Caulker to Clyne last night after the match finished. 2.9m itb now. Wasn't prepared to take a 0.1 drop in price for a defefender in the QPR team. They are rubbish beyond belief and I don't care anymore what kind of a goal threat Caulker is.
    As it happens he didn't drop but he will tonight I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Wondering whether to start dier at home or naismith at home.

Do i fancy tottenham to keep a cleanie at home or chelsea a cleanie away.

Hmmmmmm

Opinions? Leaning towards dier atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

So I have Fabregas, D.Costa and Mata, Rooney but no attacking Man City or Liverpool players. No chance I'm getting rid of Fabregas so would need to be Costa and Mata out for Aguero and Sterling. Tempting, need Aguero to prove his fitness first though. Downgrade defence first port of call I think, Lovren and Pieters on their way out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Wondering whether to start dier at home or naismith at home.

Do i fancy tottenham to keep a cleanie at home or chelsea a cleanie away.

Hmmmmmm

Opinions? Leaning towards dier atm

Naismith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm in a similar dilemma over Hutton and Van Aanholt. Usually would pick the home team but Van Aanholt is up against the hapless QPR and has some attacking potential that Hutton does not have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Just did Dzeko to Jovetic - seems obvious that he'll start against Stoke. Take the price rise that should come, hopefully hoover some points and then reassess with eye on Aguero.

Likely do Bruce to Dummett later in the week (2nd FT) if Dummett survives the cup game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Am I mad?

Sold Sanchez for Larsson
    Sold Lovren for Clichy
    Sold Giroud for Aguero

In my defence, was going to defer last transfer but just after making my two free ones, Giroud changed from 75% likely to play to 50%

Spent last night thinking about who to bring in for Giroud, and made no progress! He has dropped to 8.4, but have 0.5 in the bank, so can afford any of the 8.5 lads. I see my options as:

a). Dzeko hasn't scored well so far, but seems to be a favourite of Pelligrini. Also, Jovetic's form must be threatening him game time.
    b). Jovetic. Has scored well, but will he be a starter once Aguero returns?
    c). Bony. Hasn't done much so far, but clearly he's capable, and Swans have good fixtures. Already have Siggy though, so not sure ifI want 2 Swans attackers.
    d). Naismith. Would bank a lot of money. Doesn't have a great game this week, but has 2 good ones to follow. Should benefit from a bit of a price rise too. I also have Bojan, so plan would be Naismith for Giroud this week, and then upgrade Bojan next week.
    e). Costa. Would require a 4 point hit as I'd have to downgrade a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Spent last night thinking about who to bring in for Giroud, and made no progress! He has dropped to 8.4, but have 0.5 in the bank, so can afford any of the 8.5 lads. I see my options as:

a). Dzeko hasn't scored well so far, but seems to be a favourite of Pelligrini. Also, Jovetic's form must be threatening him game time.
    b). Jovetic. Has scored well, but will he be a starter once Aguero returns?
    c). Bony. Hasn't done much so far, but clearly he's capable, and Swans have good fixtures. Already have Siggy though, so not sure ifI want 2 Swans attackers.
    d). Naismith. Would bank a lot of money. Doesn't have a great game this week, but has 2 good ones to follow. Should benefit from a bit of a price rise too. I also have Bojan, so plan would be Naismith for Giroud this week, and then upgrade Bojan next week.
    e). Costa. Would require a 4 point hit as I'd have to downgrade a defender.

Adebayour is a good option as well consdiering he has Ericksen and Lamela providing for him.

dahat wrote: »
    Adebayour is a good option as well consdiering he has Ericksen and Lamela providing for him.

Yeah he would be on my list, but I already have Eriksen, and don't want 2 Spurs attackers.

Yeah he would be on my list, but I already have Eriksen, and don't want 2 Spurs attackers.

Ah yes,makes sense alright,pity though.

dahat wrote: »
    Ah yes,makes sense alright,pity though.

I suppose Eriksen isn't exactly performing. Could look at getting Ade in this week, and then switching Eriksen to someone else next week.

I suppose Eriksen isn't exactly performing. Could look at getting Ade in this week, and then switching Eriksen to someone else next week.

Well worth considering imo, There is a few options around the 7.5 -8.0 mark to replace him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement