Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

dahat wrote: »
    Well worth considering imo, There is a few options around the 7.5 -8.0 mark to replace him.

I didn't see any highlights programs at the weekend and only saw the Arsenal and some of the united match live.
    Was Eriksen poor against QPR, I heard that he hit the crossbar at one stage, then I saw that Lamela had an assist from a corner, is Eriksen still on a lot of set pieces? I'm currently wildcarding so I'll probably ditch him but I'm not so sure that I won't be regretting it very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

dahat wrote: »
    Well worth considering imo, There is a few options around the 7.5 -8.0 mark to replace him.

Yeah I'm thinking De Jong. But obviously he hasn't done anything yet.

Only problem with that is that I then have 2 spurs players playing liverpool this week! Although their defence looks pretty bad so might not be a bad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Going to sell Toure for either Silva or Sterling,which should I go for?

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

anyone?

silva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭SeanJ09

Tempted to chance Remy Cabella for Newcastle. Playing Palace this weekend. He looked decent against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

had two free's and slightly rushed them

Terry
    > Clichy
    Sturridge (have Sterling)
    > Aguerro.

Having some transferers remorse right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Played my Wildcard lads, is it too early :/ ?? Im 20 points behind first place in my pay league, the lad winning is in top 5,000 worldwide at the moment which is impressive,. Iv bit the bullet anyway and my team for now looks like this.

Courtois

Coleman Collocini Hutton

Fabregas Mata Siggy Ramsey Sterling

Jovetic Diego Costa

Subs: Myhill Moore Wisdom Jelavic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Played my Wildcard lads, is it too early :/ ?? Im 20 points behind first place in my pay league, the lad winning is in top 5,000 worldwide at the moment which is impressive,. Iv bit the bullet anyway and my team for now looks like this.

Courtois

Coleman Collocini Hutton

Jovetic Diego Costa

It's too late now for us to tell you if it's too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Courtois

Coleman Collocini Hutton

Jovetic Diego Costa

If I was you and used my wildcard I would be bringing in flavours of the week and trying to increase the value of my team.

i.e take Mata out as he is more likely to decrease in value again as rise.

• Advertisement

It's too late now for us to tell you if it's too early.

I know. But what ya think of my team? Good enough?

I just didnt want to lose too much ground on the lad top of the league and didnt see my original team crawling him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Courtois

Coleman Collocini Hutton

Jovetic Diego Costa

Couldn't have Coleman v chelsea, okay next two are okay but Everton don't look like keeping cleanies so you'll be relying solely on attacking returns if that's the case.

Looks light up front - if going 3-5-2 you really need two big hitters up front imho.

Not a Jelavic fan - 6m on the bench?? against Villa? No to Hutton, 1 decent fixture left then loads of awful ones.

I just didnt want to lose too much ground on the lad top of the league and didnt see my original team crawling him back

He has 20 point lead - there's 36 weeks left. One good week and you could have clawed that back.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    If I was you and used my wildcard I would be bringing in flavours of the week and trying to increase the value of my team.

i.e take Mata out as he is more likely to decrease in value again as rise.

There is quiet a few "flavours of the weeks" in that team imo. Hutton, Colocinni, Siggy and Jovetic would surley be in that category. Mata surely wont drop in value again? He scored at the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Courtois

Coleman Collocini Hutton

Jovetic Diego Costa

It sounded like you got off to a good start if you were only 20 pts behind a bloke inside the top 5k globally.

FHFC wrote: »
    Wondering why you're so set on wildcarding when you have had a pretty brilliant start??

I'm not happy with the fact I've picked a front 8 that id be happy to play. I also want to get on a few of the cheap defenders. I want to set my team up to be able to afford a front line of Sturridge aguero ade if need be. I always wildcard early think because of Jan wildcard there is no point in holding onto the wildcard as after 3 games we have seen team line ups and transfer window is closed. I'll have a look at it over the next couple of days but it will be either this international break or the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Spent last night thinking about who to bring in for Giroud, and made no progress! He has dropped to 8.4, but have 0.5 in the bank, so can afford any of the 8.5 lads. I see my options as:

a). Dzeko hasn't scored well so far, but seems to be a favourite of Pelligrini. Also, Jovetic's form must be threatening him game time.
    b). Jovetic. Has scored well, but will he be a starter once Aguero returns?
    c). Bony. Hasn't done much so far, but clearly he's capable, and Swans have good fixtures. Already have Siggy though, so not sure ifI want 2 Swans attackers.
    d). Naismith. Would bank a lot of money. Doesn't have a great game this week, but has 2 good ones to follow. Should benefit from a bit of a price rise too. I also have Bojan, so plan would be Naismith for Giroud this week, and then upgrade Bojan next week.
    e). Costa. Would require a 4 point hit as I'd have to downgrade a defender.

Pick-up Costa. He seems to be a scoring machine. Many players have him as Captain. If the trend continues, you will fall behind in points.

I certainly wouldn't have wildcarded just because I was 20 pts behind that's just a good captain choice one week or a goalscoring def with a clean sheet of a difference.

Fizman wrote: »
    It sounded like you got off to a good start if you were only 20 pts behind a bloke inside the top 5k globally.

I am on 111 points currently, but as i said 20 points behind in the league i am concentrating on. Its a fierce competitive league for good money and just didnt want to (a) lose too much ground early on (b) take a points hit for transfers .

Theres just too many potential options in midfield so thats why iv gone with 4 pricey options and siggy. I know Jovetic's position is not secure in the long run but hopefully he can have a good 3/4 weeks and might change him for adebayor or rooney il see.

I'm not happy with the fact I've picked a front 8 that id be happy to play. I also want to get on a few of the cheap defenders. I want to set my team up to be able to afford a front line of Sturridge aguero ade if need be. I always wildcard early think because of Jan wildcard there is no point in holding onto the wildcard as after 3 games we have seen team line ups and transfer window is closed. I'll have a look at it over the next couple of days but it will be either this international break or the next one.

Are you going to stick with all defenders under 5m? That's a strategy I'm currently looking at with my wildcard. There's quite a good selection there although I would love to have either Baines or Terry/Ivanovic. I'm currently looking at 31m between goalies and Defenders(2x4m, 4x4.5m, 1x5m). I'm also looking at a 4.5m playing midfielder which will allow me a very strong front 7 of players who are potentially fixtureproof.
    Any thoughts on this strategy??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Will be waiting it out this week then probably making two transfers, downgrading Sanchez to free up funds then bringing in Aguero for Rooney. Thoughts on this? Solid move?

• Advertisement

Are you going to stick with all defenders under 5m? That's a strategy I'm currently looking at with my wildcard. There's quite a good selection there although I would love to have either Baines or Terry/Ivanovic. I'm currently looking at 31m between goalies and Defenders(2x4m, 4x4.5m, 1x5m). I'm also looking at a 4.5m playing midfielder which will allow me a very strong front 7 of players who are potentially fixtureproof.
    Any thoughts on this strategy??

That is exactly what I'm aiming for and had that strategy until a last minute change before gw 1. Something like krul elliot Hutton Moore Dummett van Aanholt Taylor Marney. That's 34 million on those 8 leaving the rest for 7 big attacking players that id be transferring in and out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going to try and hold off until the second international break. I agree re holding it any longer. I really don't see the point in that.

I'm looking at a frontline of Aguero, Costa and Ade long term myself. Ade at 8.5 could be too good to turn down. Forward players have scored well under Poch at Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Few things I'd like to get done, I guess prioritising them is probably an idea.

Dzeko probably needs to go, I could switch him for Jovetic, and then try get Aguero in for him later via some wrangling. I don't really like the idea of using too many stop-gaps though.

Ferdinand shall be booted out for Dummett.

De Gea needs to go.

Eriksen doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence, I've decided I'd rather Lamela.

Dzeko and Ferdinand will probably be the first to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dzeko probably needs to go, I could switch him for Jovetic, and then try get Aguero in for him later via some wrangling. I don't really like the idea of using too many stop-gaps though

Is Dzeko really a doubt next weekend? Are people jumping on a serious band wagon with Jovetic?

I had a pretty bad gameweek last week (49 points) - selling Mata and Giroud after a knee jurk reaction. I had Dzeko too and thought he'd contribute more vs Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Trilla wrote: »
    Is Dzeko really a doubt next weekend? Are people jumping on a serious band wagon with Jovetic?

I had a pretty bad gameweek last week (49 points) - selling Mata and Giroud after a knee jurk reaction. I had Dzeko too and thought he'd contribute more vs Liverpool.

I'll definitely wait to get an update over his injury before making a switch. I guess it's having had Dzeko in years gone past and being annoyed by his sporadic game time that leads me to being pretty hesitant to keep him. If he's going to be out for Stoke I'll be getting rid as I want some coverage for that game and can't get Aguero so easily yet. I do rate Dzeko highly but dislike having these frustrating points on my team, if only for the stress it causes!

Aguero seems to be better at leading the line and in my mind Jovatic is much better at playing deeper than Dzeko is, his interplay with Silva yesterday was really good. I do think the 3 will rotate quite a bit this season, it's going to be annoying!

The other thing on my mind at the moment is team value, which I'd like to boost a bit. Jova is 7.9 and I expect him to rise this week and for Dzeko to fall. That swing might help in the long term and as said, if Dzeko is out for Stoke then I think it's worth the risk. I've two transfers to use too so it's not a huge gamble for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Safe enough to bring in Clichy? Putting him in for Chambers

As someone who did Dzeko to Jovetic I can firmly say I did it as a short term measure (partly to monitor other developments).

Jovetic surely can't be dropped after scoring 2 and if Pelli plays Aguero from start against Stoke who will be dropped?

Add that Dzeko is an injury doubt, the price swing, and that there is 2 weeks after till next match - if Dzeko doesn't play he'll fall like a stone over those 2 weeks.

It's also a home game against Stoke - managed by Hughes (far less solid than Pulis days). I fancy Jovetic and whoever else plays to score decent.

After GW3 passes gone I can assess whether to;

a) keep
    b) get Aguero (-4 or wait and do 2 transfers)
    c) replace with Adebayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

kennyb3 wrote: »
    As someone who did Dzeko to Jovetic I can firmly say I did it as a short term measure (partly to monitor other developments).

Jovetic surely can't be dropped after scoring 2 and if Pelli plays Aguero from start against Stoke who will be dropped?

Add that Dzeko is an injury doubt, the price swing, and that there is 2 weeks after till next match - if Dzeko doesn't play he'll fall like a stone over those 2 weeks.

It's also a home game against Stoke - managed by Hughes (far less solid than Pulis days). I fancy Jovetic and whoever else plays to score decent.

After GW3 passes gone I can assess whether to;

a) keep
    b) get Aguero (-4 or wait and do 2 transfers)
    c) replace with Adebayor

He surely can;)

Remember last season?

If Dzeko is injured then he is a good option. You don't lose your place after one game, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm going to try and hold off until the second international break. I agree re holding it any longer. I really don't see the point in that.

I'm looking at a frontline of Aguero, Costa and Ade long term myself. Ade at 8.5 could be too good to turn down. Forward players have scored well under Poch at Southampton.

Would this weaken your midfield significantly?

wonski wrote: »
    He surely can;)

Remember last season?

If Dzeko is injured then he is a good option. You don't lose your place after one game, though.

I'd agree with this. Aguero is number 1, Dzeko is almost certainly still number 2. Pellegrini will know the team he wants and last night won't change much. In saying that though I think that Jovetic would be a better fit as a partner to Aguero.

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »

Guessing he'd be lined up with Sig + 3 big hitters + one very cheap 5th mid.

He surely can;)

Remember last season?

Don't think he will be though - last year he was never really fit. He got his games and goals in the CoC. 2 goals against Liverpool is a different story. Add in a good pre season and praise after last night - just don't see it happening tbh.

Dzeko injury - however minor gives perfect excuse to say here have a rest.

Whoa! Just realised I can come back to my team and make transfers even though I thought myself once the wildcard is played and you click "confirm" then thats it.

Okay lads I need to get my team sorted for good. Fair enough I took criticism for actually giving into the wildcard , but I have it active now so please tell me what to do. In my head I was thinking about a super strong midfield 5 because there is so many options there this year. I am thinking along the lines of a expensive keeper, and 1 expensive defender who will get attacking pts regularly, and the rest cheap options who have a fighting chance of keeping CS every week.

Up top I dont have a clue to go for, I have costa and will stick with him. Anyone else ?

Lemlin you have an excellent record in past seasons, and I would in particular appreaciate your thoughts on my predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

http://gyazo.com/34feb943c3326ed3fe2dd25c7ed267e4

Best way to manoever to get Costa in ? Thinking on ditching debuchy not sure tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Raf32 wrote: »

Risky imo, time will tell but would expect Kolorov to get a lot of time at home against those outside the Top 6.

djPSB wrote: »

Nope, I'd need to get rid of Terry. At the minute my team is:

Begovic Hamer
    Terry, Coloccini, van Aanholt, Taylor, Moore
    Sterling, Fabregas, Siggy, Ramsey, Isgrove
    Rooney, Costa, Fletcher

I have 3.5 mil banked so can afford Fletcher to Ade at the minute. It'd leave me with .5 mil left so I'd need to free up another million for Roonet to Kun.

The only way I can see that happening is if Terry is dropped for someone 5.5 or less. So I'd be looking at something like:

Begovic Hamer
    Clyne or Debuchy, Coloccini, van Aanholt, Taylor, Moore
    Aguero, Costa, Ade

Raf32 wrote: »

I wouldn't touch Clichy, Kolarov, Zabaleta or Sagna tbh. The only defender guaranteed to play every game for City is Kompany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I wouldn't touch Clichy, Kolarov, Zabaleta or Sagna tbh. The only defender guaranteed to play every game for City is Kompany.

And Demichelis;)

He is price at 6.0 so more options at that price.

There are no outstanding defenders at 5.5m tbh - it is either 6-7m or the cheap ones. No point in spending 5.5m on someone who isn't likely to outscore 4.5m option.

I will go with the cheap ones for a while.

And Demichelis;)

There are no outstanding defenders at 5.5m tbh - it is either 6-7m or the cheap ones. No point in spending 5.5m on someone who isn't likely to outscore 4.5m option.

I agree. I dumped Caulker for Taylor this week and I can see myself dumping Terry.

Current defence is:

24 mil spent on defenders.

If I replace Terry with someone even just 5 million, it'll bring that down to 22.5.

• Advertisement

And Demichelis;)

Demechillis is on borrowed time no?? He finished last year well and didn't disgrace himself at the world cup by any means but Mangala looks set to be Kompany's partner or at the very least take a bit of playing time off Demi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Zabaleta is arguably the best rb in the world the last two years he will play unless he is injured.

Etoo looks like signing a 2 year deal at Everton so will obviously impact on Naismiths minutes.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Zabaleta is arguably the best rb in the world the last two years he will play unless he is injured.

I agree he's a great right back but why would Pellegrini sign Sagna on a three year deal, reported to be between £100k to £150k a week, if he didn't plan to rotate them?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2656930/Bacary-Sagna-joins-Manchester-City-three-year-150-000-week-deal-leaving-Premier-League-rivals-Arsenal.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

That's not ideal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Fizman wrote: »
    Etoo looks like signing a 2 year deal at Everton so will obviously impact on Naismiths minutes.

Would be more likely to impact Lukakus minutes based on position. Considering they are in the Europa League this year there will be some rotation but Naismith will be fine until barkley is back. He should have jumped in price quite considerably by then so i'll be happy to ship him out at that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I agree he's a great right back but why would Pellegrini sign Sagna on a three year deal, reported to be between £100k to £150k a week, if he didn't plan to rotate them?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2656930/Bacary-Sagna-joins-Manchester-City-three-year-150-000-week-deal-leaving-Premier-League-rivals-Arsenal.html

Because they have heaps of money and he is a very good back up. I would be shocked if Zabaleta doesn't start every game unless he is injured.

Demechillis is on borrowed time no?? He finished last year well and didn't disgrace himself at the world cup by any means but Mangala looks set to be Kompany's partner or at the very least take a bit of playing time off Demi.

+1, they spent €32m on Mangala - that money isn't for a bench player imo.

(British record for a defender)

And Pelli's quotes;

‘He is already a fine player but in my opinion he has all the mental, physical, technical and tactical attributes to become one of Europe’s very best defenders.
    ‘Eliaquim is a player I believe will make an immediate impact in the Premier League, thanks to his physicality, his reading of the game and quality on the ball — I think he will prove to be a great signing for us.’

I'd expect him to start coming into the side post Chelsea game (prob best not to chuck him in against Arsenal & Chelsea).

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I agree. I dumped Caulker for Taylor this week and I can see myself dumping Terry.

Current defence is:

24 mil spent on defenders.

If I replace Terry with someone even just 5 million, it'll bring that down to 22.5.

Similar here, I've Cahill, PVA, Colo, Chambers and Duff, with Begovic in goal. I'm thinking of moving to get in a Swansea / Southampton pair, maybe Taylor and Bertrand, and downgrading Cahill in the process. I'm hoping for an injury in Turkey midweek so Chambers stays playing for the moment. Even considering swapping in Courtois for Begovic, 1m extra but a lot more points I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Nope, I'd need to get rid of Terry. At the minute my team is:

Begovic Hamer
    Rooney, Costa, Fletcher

How are you feeling about Begovic, I have Terry myself to downgrade but I'm concerned about Stoke's defence this season and should I get rid of both Terry and Begovic but keep Bojan for one more GW.

Nuts102 wrote: »

Agree zabaleta is the best rb in the world but he will definetly be rotated this year. City regularly rotated lbs last yr and I'd expect sagna to start 6 to 10 league games and domestic cup games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement