Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

109 Bus from Kells

Options
  • 23-08-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

I would be grateful for feedback with regard to the 109 bus service from Kells to Dublin and Vice Versa.

I used to live in Kells and used this bus for commuting for 9 years, just before the M3 was opened. I may be going back to Kells and am wondering if the bus still uses the old road (N3) or does it use the M3 at all?

Although a long commute I did find this bus service very reliable and am wondering if that is still the case.

Also could anyone give me an indication of the fare from Kells to Dublin return.

All information appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

There is a thread in Commuting and Transport on the 109. If you are travelling at peak times it's reliable. For Kells there are buses that use the M3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The price has gone up in the last few years while the quality of service has decreased. Shame. For reliability it is still good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

I would be grateful for feedback with regard to the 109 bus service from Kells to Dublin and Vice Versa.

I used to live in Kells and used this bus for commuting for 9 years, just before the M3 was opened. I may be going back to Kells and am wondering if the bus still uses the old road (N3) or does it use the M3 at all?

Although a long commute I did find this bus service very reliable and am wondering if that is still the case.

Also could anyone give me an indication of the fare from Kells to Dublin return.

All information appreciated.

Many thanks.

The 109 buses run every half hour during the day to and from Dublin and Kells. From Dublin they run every 30 minutes until 8.30pm and then it's 8.30pm, 9.30pm, 10.30pm and 11.30pm

The nightly midnight number 30 Dublin - Donegal bus that leaves from the Store Street side of Bus Aras every night, stops in Navan and Kells.

Certain 109 buses go via the M3, for example the 6am and 7am from Cavan Monday to Friday that are due in Kells at 6.45am and 7.45am respectively.

These two services - due in Kells at 6.45am and 7.45am - avoid Navan, Dunshaughlin and Blanchardstown. (There is also another 109 service that starts from Kells at 6.45am and 7.45am that stop in Navan and Dunshaughlin).

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1403523374-109.pdf

The last 109 home from Dublin Monday to Saturday is 11.30pm, and on Sundays the last 109 from Dublin is 11pm.

The 11.30pm 109 gets to Navan at 12.35am and Kells at 12.50am.

The number 30 Dublin Donegal bus at midnight from Bus Aras stops in Navan and Kells every night.

It stops to pick up at the airport at 12.20am and then takes the motorway and takes exit 8 to stop in Navan and Kells every night, and gets to Kells around 1.15am-1.20am.

During the day, many of the the 109s coming from Cavan to Dublin that also stop in Virginia and Kells, also stop in Navan, Dunshaughlin, Clonee and Blanchardstown.

Blanchardstown is a drop off point on the buses going to Dublin and usually if there is no one for Blanchardstown, the drivers avoid having to go round to the stop at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

Often the buses that leave on the hour from Cavan to Dublin which are due in Navan at 5 past the following hour, may not arrive in Navan till 10 past the hour, I guess due to traffic. These generally arrive in Dublin about 15-20 minutes past the following hour.

(for example the 5pm 109 from Cavan generally get to Navan at 6.10pm and Dublin about 7.15pm-7.20pm)

The 109s that start in Kells at 15 minutes past the hour generally arrive in Navan shortly before 35 past the hour, and leave Navan at 35 past the hour as scheduled.

Coming from Dublin, most of the buses stop at Phibsboro and Blanchardstown as they are pick up points.

There are two express services from Dublin that leave from Bus Aras - at 5.30pm and 6.30pm, with one stop, in Navan. Neither of these services go on to Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

Thanks so much for the information all.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

If your employer offers the tax saver tickets it makes the commute much cheaper. The savings are shown on taxsaver.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement