Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible for first time buyer earning 24k a ear to get mortgage 100k

Options
  • 23-08-2014 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi all, with all the crazy prices of rent I was thinking of buying a house outside Dublin.
    Is it possible for the single first time buyer earning 24000k a year (monthly net income is around €1720) to get mortgage of 100k
    I'm currently paying rent of 1000 a month.
    Would bank even consider me? Please advise what would be looking for and what do I need to prove to the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You would need to have at least 10k in savings as a deposit.

If you do, then make an approach to a bank and see in principle if you would qualify. Of course there are many criteria used in their decision to give you a mortgage or not, but you won't find out til you ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

It shouldn't be too hard to get a mortgage of 4 times your salary providing you have a 10% deposit and a permanent job for at least a year. The bank will also consider your outgoings, like if you have kids, your commuting costs, and any debt you already have.

Advertisement