Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

You might be eligible for a free iphone 5 battery

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

they've some neck saying turn off "find my phone" they don't like us watching them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bazzy wrote: »
    they've some neck saying turn off "find my phone" they don't like us watching them !

It's either that or it can't be repaired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bazzy wrote: »

Its a really good feature of the iphone- phone is useless to anyone unless you turn this off- cannot be blanked or restored.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

manlad wrote: »
    Hi All,

I contacted Apple about this yesterday as my phone is eligible for the replacement. You can send your phone via post to them with a turnaround time of 7-8 working days or for a 29 euro fee they send a new phone by UPS. They run a final diagnostic test on the phone (by sending a link to you). After running this they basically told me I've been getting 7-8 hours out of my battery so its not eligible for a replacement battery even though my serial number falls under the category??? As well as this I get around 4 hours out of my battery on a full charge and not 7-8 which they say. I should add that even if I dont use apps etc the battery will still go around the 4 hour mark. So I dont know why the diagnostic results say this. Besides that, 7-8 hours a day from a battery isn't good anyway, that should be enough to be eligible but its not.

Told me to call back next week if I'm still having issues with the battery, despite it being an ongoing issue.

TL;DR So basically, even if your serial number is eligible for a new battery, you still might not be eligible.

I'm eligible but have been told as my phone is out of Applecare warranty they can only do the 'send your phone back for repair' option (ie: I can't pay the €29 for a refurbed handset).

Means I have to go without a handset for a week :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

How is Apple's website so difficult to navigate? Every click of a button leads you around in circles.

Finally inputted my serial number and found out I'm eligible for both Sleep/Wake Button and Battery programs. Yay for me. The Sleep/Wake button is absolutely perfect so I am not bothering with that but the battery has been a disaster for a while now. Drops from 40% to 20 to dead in minutes. If I manage to plug it in before it dies it jumps back up to 40% straight away.

Apple support Chat lead me to CompuB stores in Dublin but they do not fix iphones. So finally I navigated my way around the Apple website and logged in, entered my e-mail, ran an extended test, and they said I am eligible for a replacement battery. So I am waiting on further instructions now. I reckon I will have to send it off somewhere and be without a phone for a week or two. Luckily I have a windows phone from work I can use but otherwise its a load of crap that they are not bending over backwards to sort this out for people. It feels like they are making it as awkward as possible for people in the hope they just dont bother.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

GSPfan wrote: »
    How is Apple's website so difficult to navigate? Every click of a button leads you around in circles.

Finally inputted my serial number and found out I'm eligible for both Sleep/Wake Button and Battery programs. Yay for me. The Sleep/Wake button is absolutely perfect so I am not bothering with that but the battery has been a disaster for a while now. Drops from 40% to 20 to dead in minutes. If I manage to plug it in before it dies it jumps back up to 40% straight away.

Apple support Chat lead me to CompuB stores in Dublin but they do not fix iphones. So finally I navigated my way around the Apple website and logged in, entered my e-mail, ran an extended test, and they said I am eligible for a replacement battery. So I am waiting on further instructions now. I reckon I will have to send it off somewhere and be without a phone for a week or two. Luckily I have a windows phone from work I can use but otherwise its a load of crap that they are not bending over backwards to sort this out for people. It feels like they are making it as awkward as possible for people in the hope they just dont bother.

Use the online chat and you'll have it sorted in a few minutes. You will speed things up if you explain that you are in Ireland and there are no Apple stores in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I sent mine back for the sleep/wake issue about a month ago. Got it back within 4 days and they had also replaced the battery.

I contacted them by live chat btw, they arranged a callback for me. Great customer service imo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I sent mine back for the sleep/wake issue about a month ago. Got it back within 4 days and they had also replaced the battery.

I contacted them by live chat btw, they arranged a callback for me. Great customer service imo

Did you get the same physical phone back random_name or was it a replacement/refurb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Graham wrote: »
    Did you get the same physical phone back random_name or was it a replacement/refurb?

Same phone (couple of distinctive scratches!!)

Advertisement