Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housemate says lease in her name, but I signed it too

Options
  • 23-08-2014 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ,
    New to boards and looking for some advice on a situation, I signed a lease in February 2013 with two other housemates, one has moved out and the other one says the lease is her name (she had lived here before me).

We resigned the lease this February and again all three signed it, she maintains that the letting agent only has her down as the named person on the lease, is that possible even though three of us signed it and handed in copies of id, ?
    And is it possible for her to just kick me out before next February if she wanted to ?

Would welcome any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Whatever is signed on the current lease is valid. The person who moved out would still be liable for the lease too. Your current housemate may be the point of contact for the lease for the letting agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebelette25

Thanks , that's what I thought, as she has lived here longer she deals with the letting agency if we have any issues.

I was just concerned that if she said her name was on the lease that I would be in a vulnerable position if she just decided to ask me to move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What does it say on the document that you signed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Where is your copy? Who did you give the lease too? Who do you pay the rent to?

Advertisement