Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working Part-Time around Preschool Hours

Options
  • 23-08-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    My son is starting his free preschool year in Sept and I am considering trying to get a morning part-time job. This will more than likely mean working 10am-2pm. As my son will finish preschool at 12:15pm, I need him looked after until I get home at about 2:30pm.
    The only available person to do this is my Dad and he is in his 70's. My son is not used to been looked after by babysitters he doesn't know.
    What have other people done in this situation? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    My son is starting his free preschool year in Sept and I am considering trying to get a morning part-time job. This will more than likely mean working 10am-2pm. As my son will finish preschool at 12:15pm, I need him looked after until I get home at about 2:30pm.
    The only available person to do this is my Dad and he is in his 70's. My son is not used to been looked after by babysitters he doesn't know.

Does your dad have a good relationship with your son?
    Do you want your dad to look after him get to know him a bit better?

Or ask one of the other preschool mothers to take him for a few hrs till you get home but then what do you pay for him for 2 hrs x5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

My Dad has an excellent relationship with my son but he is in his 70's and not sure if he could take him for 2 hours, 5 days a week so I am looking for other alternatives.
    I don't know any of the other preschool mothers yet to ask.

My Dad has an excellent relationship with my son but he is in his 70's and not sure if he could take him for 2 hours, 5 days a week so I am looking for other alternatives.
    I don't know any of the other preschool mothers yet to ask.

Unless you put up an add or ask one of the staff in preschool.

My little one goes to a very small preschool so I have got to know everyone and who would do something like this.

Have you a date set for your job?

No I have just started to look for a job so I have a bit of time to sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi All,

Can you play for extra hours in the preschool?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not, they only do an extra half hour if needed.

Unfortunately not, they only do an extra half hour if needed.

Calculate how much 5x. 2.15 hrs would be to pay someone.
    Then see is it worth it to work for them hours.

Do you have an idea of the line of work you want to do for those hrs.

Put adds up around and see who can look after your son.
    That's all I could suggest

Unless you have someone you really know that is willing to do it then there is not too many options

Advertisement