Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Liverpool MNF KO 20:00

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It was a clear dive and should have been a second yellow, he threw the leg out to try and make the contact too.
    Didn't think anyone would try and defend that one.

Yep. Lucky boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I've never seen Markovich play until tonight but there seems to be high hopes for him from a lot of Liverpool fans. He really was anonymous when he came on, it wasn't a great situation to come in to in fairness but I expected a bit more from what I've been hearing.

Actually thought he was excellent for the first 15 minutes he was on. Caused City a lot of problems down the left and almost set up a goal for Sturridge. Ball was just a tad behind him.

Last 15 minutes alright the game kinda petered out with all the injury stoppages and he didn't really get on the ball. Not to mention Liverpool were down to 10 for the last 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Actually thought he was excellent for the first 15 minutes he was on. Caused City a lot of problems down the left and almost set up a goal for Sturridge. Ball was just a tad behind him.

Last 15 minutes alright the game kinda petered out with all the injury stoppages and he didn't really get on the ball. Not to mention Liverpool were down to 10 for the last 10 minutes.

I was watching on the phone and kind of busy, maybe I missed what he did. I actually forgot he came on towards the end. Just didn't hear his name at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I was watching on the phone and kind of busy, maybe I missed what he did. I actually forgot he came on towards the end. Just didn't hear his name at all.

His first 10-15 minutes were good but he faded badly. But he showed enough in that little spell to leave me feeling he will offer something going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Will, Markovic was a ray of light in that match, he was very good when he came on.

With respect if you're only half-assing the match then you shouldn't really be passing comments on players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Will, Markovic was a ray of light in that match, he was very good when he came on.

With respect if you're only half-assing the match then you shouldn't really be passing comments on players.

I'm passing comment on what I watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Steady on. imho, Markovic was only ok when he came on,nothing more. And I was full ass watching the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool Beaten badly by a team arsenal dominated. There's no way Liverpool can be seen a challengers, defensively all over the place and no midfield that can keep recycling the ball. Great attacking wise, should get top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool Beaten badly by a team arsenal dominated. There's no way Liverpool can be seen a challengers, defensively all over the place and no midfield that can keep recycling the ball. Great attacking wise, should get top 4.

Yup, because Man City clearly took that overblown friendly terribly seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

8-10 wrote: »
    Me neither, I'm still weirdly optimistic and encouraged by the performance. I can't explain it, it's not like it was that good but I think we'd normally be Breyer than that and the opposition would normally be worse than that.

Plus, it's August

Yeah we were not that bad, really showed how we missed another striker as sturridge was a bit isolated at times. Also the players we were missing really affected us

City were very very clinical, they are an excellent team.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yeah we were not that bad, really showed how we missed another striker as sturridge was a bit isolated at times. Also the players we were missing really affected us

City were very very clinical, they are an excellent team.

I just noticed that weird auto-correct in my last post, had a few on me last night.

But still don't think it was that bad. We're not playing City away every week, we lost there last year too playing better football. But it's just so early in the season you can see that Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho are all not 100% with it yet. Then there's the new signings to bed in.

Thought it was very even in the first half and then the goal changed it. I don't think we're able to chase a game when behind to the top teams yet. Against lesser opposition we can come back, but against the big teams we struggle to get back in it when we go behind first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

mada999 wrote: »
    thats bóllix if you ask me, watch again the city player actually goes to body check him, if Can keeps going and clashes with him its a free but he chickens out and goes the other way

What are you smoking?

How you could not think this was a dive:

He should have gone. No question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Just seen the goals. What was Moreno at for the first goal? Mignolets positioning for Agueros goal was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Lets ignore it was a friendly first and lets point out that citys entire back 5 effectively changed between that game and last night. ONly one that stayed was clichy but he played right back v arsenal.

You also missed the match if you think liverpool were beaten badly

Top 4 would be great! I disagree with the midfield though I thought they held their own. 50% possession away to City is pretty good and forced more saves & clearances, made more crosses, had more goal attempts, won more corners and free kicks than them.

What brought the team down was poor performances from some players who normally do better (Coutinho, Sturridge, even Henderson), and some who normally don't (a certain fullback, arguably the keeper), coupled with some great passages of play by City and the best player in the league making an instant impact off the bench.

I'd argue that City won well rather than Liverpool were badly beaten. I'd have had City favourites before the game and I think they were worth their 3 points, and I don't think the players themselves thought it was a walkover. That 2nd goal was a thing of beauty.

Hopefully the players are in better form and the new signings are clicking well for the return game, because I think we'll give them a good game at Anfield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Wow one game and you are writing off Liverpool as challengers for the league . Arsenal haven't exactly set the world a light this season . It's early days and Liverpool should get better plus most of the players they have signed haven't really played for the first team or have only got one game behind them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's funny.

the Arsenal fans I know in real life are among the most reasonable, fair and sound football fans I know.

i'm used to them looking at Liverpool performances objectively.

so this is all so new to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not on here Ric, Arsenal fans on here are still hurting from that hammering in Feb and i say 100% will be supporting Spurs on Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's funny.

the Arsenal fans I know in real life are among the most reasonable, fair and sound football fans I know.

i'm used to them looking at Liverpool performances objectively.

so this is all so new to me.
    Not on here Ric, Arsenal fans on here are still hurting from that hammering in Feb and i say 100% will be supporting Spurs on Sunday too

To be honest there was a fair bit of sh*t stiring from both last year. Theres no coincidence that the banter has picked up now that we are directly competing and that last year there was no United to distract both sets of fans.

On here Liverpool, United and Arsenal (by a distance) have the biggest fan base so its only natural that WUMs are at play!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not a chance

I'll be over the moon with a draw, anything else disapoints me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Soups123 wrote: »
    Not a chance

I'll be over the moon with a draw, anything else disapoints me

A few red cards and a handful of long-term injuries would be a bonus:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Godge wrote: »
    A few red cards and a handful of long-term injuries would be a bonus:)

For the posters or the players? Or both? :D

Advertisement