Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideals bars in Dublin for a date...

Options
  • 23-08-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm a Corkman in Dublin and I'm bringing a lovely lady for a few drinks tonight. Where is the best area in City Centre that wouldn't be too hectic, i.e. Sit down for a few drinks!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Buskers is quite nice, it's in temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Saturday night and not too hectic! See most of the good bars and clubs would be hectic. Well most pubs would be quite hectic. Probably get a few small local pubs that won't be too hectic, but then they will not be what you want!

What time is the date for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The hairy lemon. Accents coffee shop beside it is good too if you'd want a change form the norm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

The Butcher's Bar in the Bull & Castle is nice, good beer & good food

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Blue Magic

Luke92 wrote: »
    Saturday night and not too hectic! See most of the good bars and clubs would be hectic. Well most pubs would be quite hectic. Probably get a few small local pubs that won't be too hectic, but then they will not be what you want!

What time is the date for?

• Advertisement

Mycroft H wrote: »
    The hairy lemon. Accents coffee shop beside it is good too if you'd want a change form the norm

Where's Hairy Lemon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

Blue Magic wrote: »
    Where's Hairy Lemon?
    41-42 Stephen Street Lower, Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

I sincerely hope you didn't go there. Overpriced uncomfortable hole with unwelcoming staff. IMO of course. ;)

Fwiw The Grand Central I'd find to be a good place to kick off a date; meet at the Spire and straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

How did the date go?

Went to Sweeneys on Dame Street after.

Date was successful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Would have suggested The Bailey, think it's South Anne street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The Library in Central Hotel is a great spot.

Advertisement