Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman copenhagan tracking

Options
  • 23-08-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

Haven't a clue what pmaldinis race number is presume the limerick lads will know it but one of our esteemed moderators (pgibbo)is out to beat bressie and Roz in IM Copenhagan tomorrow. Number is 756 AG 40-44 :eek:

Best of luck to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

catweazle wrote: »
    Haven't a clue what pmaldinis race number is presume the limerick lads will know it but one of our esteemed moderators (pgibbo)is out to beat bressie and Roz in IM Copenhagan tomorrow. Number is 756 AG 40-44 :eek:

Best of luck to all

All the best pgibbo.

Didn't think Bressie and Roz were doing it. Are they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Ceepo wrote: »
    All the best pgibbo.

Didn't think Bressie and Roz were doing it. Are they ?

Nope. Lanza next year.

EC1000 wrote: »
    Nope. Lanza next year.

Tbh I knew that. Although her sister is doing Copenhagen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Are you sure they have been reporting it in the indo this week. Although they also mentioned it would take Ireland's fittest couple approx 6 hours to complete it so it looks like lazy journalism to me anyways

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/roz-purcell-and-bressie-forego-romantic-holiday-for-copenhagen-ironman-challenge-30528847.html

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Theyre not on the start list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Are you sure they have been reporting it in the indo this week. Although they also mentioned it would take Ireland's fittest couple approx 6 hours to complete it so it looks like lazy journalism to me anyways

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/roz-purcell-and-bressie-forego-romantic-holiday-for-copenhagen-ironman-challenge-30528847.html
    To be fair, Bressie and Roz don't do themselves any favours really, every interview/tweet they did about their 70.3 Austria which they did this year they claimed they were doing "Ironman Austria". Easy for the casual follower to be confused

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Pmaldini's number is 1160. :)

Let's hope they're both tucked in and sleeping soundly at this hour (not necessarily together!), for they've only got a few hours until it's go time! Whoop whoop!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Good start for both of them, 1.06 for Maldini and 1.07 for gibbo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Good start for both of them, 1.06 for Maldini and 1.07 for gibbo

Nine minutes in T1 though for gibbo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

tunney wrote: »
    Nine minutes in T1 though for gibbo.

Takes a while for these connaught men to get their aran jumpers on after a swim I guess

Hopefully nothing serious

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »
    Takes a while for these connaught men to get their aran jumpers on after a swim I guess

Hopefully nothing serious

He was a little unwell yesterday.....

tunney wrote: »
    He was a little unwell yesterday.....

Ah no. Balls to that anyway. Here's hoping it's passed.

Jaysus got a fright there, tacking a few on line, and there "pace" was only 15kph :eek: for the 1st bike split, seem to a error on the site.
    Roz's sister out in 1,11 swim and her boyfriend Mark Young is aiming for sub 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Ah no. Balls to that anyway. Here's hoping it's passed.

Paul's bike is going well now. Avg >35kph through 110k. Wind is picking up by reports

Pmaldini through 140k of bike.....pgibbo through 170k of bike. Both fellas' splits showed they slowed coming through 140k...but they are doing great out there!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Paul off bike in 6:35 with 5:19 split. T2 not the quickest like T1.
    3:18 marathon sees him under 10
    Comon dude

Both boys on the run. !!! Looks like pgibbo is running a very smart race....and pmaldini is starting out with a solid early pace. Just keep it smooth and steady boys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Pgibbo in on 10.05. Savage stuff well done.

10:05 for Paul

Great going pgibbo, 10,05.
    Mark Young 9,39 Savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Not bad for an auld fella Gibbo. :)

bloody hell gibbo, what did i say to you last week about mop.

well done paul.

strong finish now for pmaldini and it will have been a good day out for the boards crew

Pgibbo must be over the moon!!! I'm not sure what has happened to pmaldini - either tracking is not working or he's taking a tea break. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Cheers folks. In the Golden Arches for recovery :) A tough last 40k or so on the bike. A 90 minute pb so very happy with that. Any update on pmaldini?

Roller coasters in Tivoli gardens tomorrow :)

pmaldini finished in 12:07, well done to both of ye, massive efforts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Wow well done Paul cracking result!

Fabulous time for pmaldini!!! He must be over the moon too!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Pmaldini

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Fabulous time for pmaldini!!! He must be over the moon too!! :)

Thanks Dory, very happy overall, found the 2nd half of bike tough when the wind picked up, but happy with run as I wasnt sure how it would go as it was my 1st ever marathon, off to the airport now for a week in the sun with family :)

@pgibbo - super race Paul, you looked very strong on the run, lovely to meet you over the weekend

pgibbo wrote: »
    Cheers folks. In the Golden Arches for recovery :) A tough last 40k or so on the bike. A 90 minute pb so very happy with that. Any update on pmaldini?

Roller coasters in Tivoli gardens tomorrow :)

what is the post IM fascination with mcdonalds? i see loads of people talk about hitting mcd's post race. after an effort like that i can think of a lot of foods i'd rather eat than mcd's. then again, i'm not a fan of the place, apart from one forced lunch there on a business trip, i;ve not darkened the door in about 10 years.

i mean, it's not like you weren't finished in time to grab dinner in any restaurant you wanted..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

We'll done lads, great results.
    what is the post IM fascination with mcdonalds? i see loads of people talk about hitting mcd's post race. after an effort like that i can think of a lot of foods i'd rather eat than mcd's. then again, i'm not a fan of the place, apart from one forced lunch there on a business trip, i;ve not darkened the door in about 10 years.

i mean, it's not like you weren't finished in time to grab dinner in any restaurant you wanted..:)

It's soft and easy to eat, all important after an IM when your stomach is in a shrivelled state. I prefer pizza myself but it takes about an hour before I can eat anything after an IM, apart from some ice cream.

Advertisement