Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Desking?

Options
  • 23-08-2014 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just booked a trip back to Galway, I'll be getting back around the middle of December for the Christmas period. I need to work remotely while there and my parents live in a tiny village with crappy broadband. I was wondering if somebody could tell me if there's anywhere in Galway which provides Hot Desking\Desk Hoteling?

I know there's an IT Center in Mervue now and an Incubation center over in GMIT which are leased, but it looks like that may be more long term. I'm looking for something to use for about 3 weeks, I'll also be working odd hours due to needing to account for time difference.

Anybody know of somewhere suitable?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think 091 Labs on Raleigh Row do hotdesking, but I've no idea what the details are of price or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I used the one in mervue a few times, think its a tenner a day...not sure how flexible the hours are. Defo no probs with pay as you go tho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

4g has been rolled out and is apparently working well in small towns that previously had nonexistent 3g coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I doubt any of the companies will facilitate the out-of-hours timing for you.

You might be as well off booking a hotel room in a place that you know has reasonable speed access.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I doubt any of the companies will facilitate the out-of-hours timing for you.

You might be as well off booking a hotel room in a place that you know has reasonable speed access.

It looks like the place in Mervue give a fob to get into the building at any time. I'll give them a call and ask...might just be for more permanent residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

just another possible option:
    http://www.grayofficepark.com/index.php/services/
    based in the Galway retail park on the headford road.

Advertisement