Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

This whole 'everyone against Barca' thing is quite embarrassing, league 'scripts' and the like. When Barca wins is the brilliance when things go wrong it's some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

Barca were really good tonight and blitzed Atletico at times, but some of conspiracy stuff is cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Corholio wrote: »
    This whole 'everyone against Barca' thing is quite embarrassing, league 'scripts' and the like. When Barca wins is the brilliance when things go wrong it's some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy theory.

Barca were really good tonight and blitzed Atletico at times, but some of conspiracy stuff is cringeworthy.

Am I right bin saying Ronaldo has 12 penalties this season, Barcelona have 2 I think......

Also when you want to maintain the illusion of fairness, don't have the president of the league threatening to throw Barcelona out of the league if Catalonia achieves independence. Also it's a commonly known fact that of the active referees in Spain, the vast majority support Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am I right bin saying Ronaldo has 12 penalties this season, Barcelona have 2 I think......

Also when you want to maintain the illusion of fairness, don't have the president of the league threatening to throw Barcelona out of the league if Catalonia achieves independence. Also it's a commonly known fact that of the active referees in Spain, the vast majority support Real Madrid.

Commonly known by who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tinfoil hat stuff.

CSF wrote: »
    Commonly known by who?

Enjoy this link.

http://www.football-espana.net/39719/%E2%80%98most-referees-support-madrid%E2%80%99

I think I came across a specific figure before too but actually tracking that down would require the kind of effort I'm not willing to exert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

CSF wrote: »
    Commonly known by who?

Well its almost impossible to get a penalty against Real over the last few seasons .
    It was bordering on farce a few seasons back for a while ,you couldnt get a penalty against them ,it got so bad that 2-3 blatant penalties per game were being ignored.

I thought Messi hates playing on the right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

An independent country containing a club is bound to have consequences for their participation in a separate league. I just find it amazing that such a fantastic team can have some in support who peddle such theories in this day and age, that over a whole season and many, many 90 minutes that there is some of sort of higher force keeping them down.

The referee tonight musn't have known what to do so. Probably tossed a coin before the match to see who he'd let win. Even the coin was probably made in Madrid I bet too.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Tinfoil hat stuff.

Tinfoil hat or not, my comment contains 3 facts. 12 penalties to 2. (apparently 8 of those in the league to Barcelona's 0). The president of the Spanish league did make that statement concerning Barcelona and Espanyol, and the majority of referees do support Real Madrid, though while they may not be their first team, most fans in Spain's second team is either Real Madrid or Barcelona.

Lets also not forget that it's not as though there isn't a history of corruption in the Spanish league, especially when it has concerned Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Well its almost impossible to get a penalty against Real over the last few seasons .
    It was bordering on farce a few seasons back for a while ,you couldnt get a penalty against them ,it got so bad that 2-3 blatant penalties per game were being ignored.

I thought Messi hates playing on the right ?

Apparently he doesn't enjoy it as much, but he did it tonight for the good of the team. That being said, in most games when he is relegated to the right his overall contribution is impacted and that should not be the case.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Turtwig wrote: »
    For all the criticism they receive two stats are worth noting.

Barcelona have been the only team to beat Valenica at the Mestalla. Barca have kept Atletico contained for multiple set pieces.

It's an odd one this season, for the big tough games, the results have very much improved. The performances have been better than the past couple of seasons. Villarreal away, Valencia away, Bilbao at home, PSG, Madrid (for the first half), now Atletico, it's much better in attack and defence. Tonight the fight was there for a side who have to be beaten on the pitch and beaten off it.

But for Getafe away and Sociedad, the malaise is there. It was the opposite away around for a couple of seasons.

• Advertisement

Lionel Messi says recent speculation he was trying to force out Barcelona coach Luis Enrique are tantamount to "lies", adding he has "no intention" of leaving the Camp Nou for Chelsea or Manchester City.
    "I am thankful to be able to give my version," said Messi. "It's not good for people to look for rivalry between me and Luis Enrique because there isn't any. Don't throw s--- at us from outside because that will only do us harm.

"I have heard lots of things being said about me before and now. They make it look like I am the one who is in charge here when I am just another player. I have never demanded anything to stay because I don't have any intention of going.

"It hurts because it comes from people who [supposedly] love Barcelona," said Messi. "It's people who want to hurt the club -- and this time it did not come from Madrid, like other times, it has come from here.

"I heard people say that my dad had spoken to Chelsea, to City. It's all lies."

It's rare that Messi speaks to the media (one of the main reasons many believe he gets such a rough ride from them) but when he does speak what he says carries weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

It's rare that Messi speaks to the media (one of the main reasons many believe he gets such a rough ride from them) but when he does speak what he says carries weight.

So do you think he is telling the truth?

And today Messi completely contradicted what he said last night by saying
    "Well, I'm not sure what's going to happen -- if one day I'll go back to Newell's [Old Boys]. I'm not sure where I'll be next year. I've always said that I'd like to finish my career at Barcelona, play at Newell's, but as Cristiano just said, nobody knows what the future holds -- and much less so in the case of the football world, where everything can change overnight,"

:confused:

And today Messi completely contradicted what he said last night by saying

:confused:

I hardly think it's that much of a contradiction. He's at the heart of an unstable condition in Barcelona, who knows what could happen in the unpredictable world of football. It's pretty clear he's talking about Newell Old Boys and not Chelsea or City. I have no doubt that he wants to remain at Barcelona, this board are nearly at an end, if he's seen through that horror why would he leave now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hardly think it's that much of a contradiction. He's at the heart of an unstable condition in Barcelona, who knows what could happen in the unpredictable world of football. It's pretty clear he's talking about Newell Old Boys and not Chelsea or City. I have no doubt that he wants to remain at Barcelona, this board are nearly at an end, if he's seen through that horror why would he leave now.
    Barca have declined & he might want to try a different league.

Good article by Paul Parker today where he argues that the Ballon d'Or vote exposes the Premier League's hollow boasts of it being the best league in the world

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/ballon-d-or-vote-exposes-premier-league-s-hollow-boasts---all-the-stars-are-in-spain-152326625.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

MD1990 wrote: »
    Barca have declined & he might want to try a different league.

It used to be 850 million if he left before his contract ends at Barcelona which would have made it nigh on impossible for competitors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Good article by Paul Parker today where he argues that the Ballon d'Or vote exposes the Premier League's hollow boasts of it being the best league in the world

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/ballon-d-or-vote-exposes-premier-league-s-hollow-boasts---all-the-stars-are-in-spain-152326625.html

Best tweet ever: Ronaldo's son has a better dress sense than Messi.

• Advertisement

eternal wrote: »
    It used to be 85 million if he left before his contract ends at Barcelona which would have made it nigh on impossible for competitors.

His buyout clause is 250m euro but tax has to be paid on that so its effectively 390m euro.

So in reality Messi wont be going anywhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Torres scores in first minute against Real Madrid in Copa del rey
    Real have to score 4 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Greizemann done pepe nicely in the build up. Tie over already imo.

Athletico keeper went awol.
    Only 3 more needed for real and for some reason I fancy them to get the goals.

Nobody will say it but that's a pretty bloody poor half from, apparently, the world's best player. In a half where his team had over 70% of the ball, I don't think he made a single telling pass, he just continuously cut inside and blasted the ball off the nearest defender. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, I just don't get it.

Real are relying too heavily on crosses, Atletico need to do better in possession, wouldn't be surprised if we see Arda Turan soon.

N In a half where his team had over 70% of the ball, I don't think he made a single telling pass, he just continuously cut inside and blasted the ball off the nearest defender. I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, I just don't get it.

It seems its ok for Ron to take shot after shot and drive most of his free kicks into the wall but if Bale doesnt pass the ball to him he gets crucified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol its hilarious how bad their defence is

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha

36 seconds in second half. Goal from Torres :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Torres again!!!!

Where was this guy for the last 4 years?

Headshot wrote: »

Pepe is ridiculously bad

Pepe is ridiculously bad

I keep saying it. Why is Rafa Varane not playing ahead of Pepe.
    he just continuously cut inside and blasted the ball off the nearest defender.

A good point.

Apart from Portugal v Sweden, can anyone remember a big game where Ronaldo dug his team out of trouble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pepe is ridiculously bad

Suicide pass from ramos too, navas didn't cover himself in glory either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pepe is ridiculously bad

Ramos is as bad

Headshot wrote: »

They have a very soft centre now that Alonso is gone something that good teams can exploit.

Varane is a far better defender I would have thought but who I am to tell ancelloti who to play.
    I personally think Ramos is as bad as Pepe as well.

Jan Oblak looks as bad a keeper as Mignolet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

A good point.

Apart from Portugal v Sweden, can anyone remember a big game where Ronaldo dug his team out of trouble?

I can't.

Varane is a far better defender I would have thought but who I am to tell ancelloti who to play.
    I personally think Ramos is as bad as Pepe as well.

How Ramos and Luiz got in the Fifa team of the year is baffling.
    There was actually some campaign to try to get Ramos to win the Balloon D'Or last year :o

Nice ball in by bale.

Ah what a pity. Wanted him to get his hat trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

You always assume Pepe is diving but this time the replays look like he actually injured himself ramming back into the other player! Karma :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Rezident

Me too, delighted for torres.

Credit to Isco, he's not the biggest star at the Bernabeu, he's still young but in this second half he's been the only player in white to show a bit of fight and really give it a go.

Great second half from Atletico, they've played Real Madrid off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Adama Traore is some talent. Incredible acceleration.Much better prospect than Munir & Dealefeu.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Adama Traore is some talent. Incredible acceleration.Much better prospect than Munir & Dealefeu.

Sergi Roberto looks a good player too.

Not that impressed by Munir so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not watching this game so maybe presumptuous.

Munir looks to have lost his confidence. He started the season in scintillating form, then Suarez came back and now he's a glorified Tello again.

Ye not big on Sergi Roberto, there's much better prospects at the club. Nice strike though.

Munir is in a tough situation and it's told on his performances. Adama has been bright, occasionally explosive but it's Rafinha who has pulled the strings, he's been excellent thus far, a wonderful prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A Madrid are an absolute bastard of a team to play against, they give you nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A Madrid are an absolute bastard of a team to play against, they give you nothing.

They gave us 3 points the other day :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Even though he scored twice I thought he looked poor. He looks so much slower than he did when he was at Liverpool. His touch and control looks very poor and he is ponderous around the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Anyone seen much of Luciano Vietto? Had a good first half of the season since his move from South America.

Advertisement