Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

Why wasn't this game on in the evening time ? A strange decision to put it on at this time of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Best player in the world, once again, not turning up in a big game when his team needs him.

That's a bit harsh...coming from a big critic of Ronaldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

It was game over when the first goal went in. Real have no heart.

Wouldn't go that far. At 2 - 0, one mistake and it's game on again. No chance now though.

Edit: Here come's Torres to score a few more and put a gloss on the score line :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Why wasn't this game on in the evening time ? A strange decision to put it on at this time of the day.

Spanish FA is looking to promote La Liga in Asia and the Middle East so kick off times for big games have been affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Make that 4. Torres with the assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

An absolute bumming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Relentless from Atletico.

They really have the Hex on Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Atletico – what a great bunch of lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm sure Real will be glad they've got Atletico out of the way in the league and are still top

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very timid and subdued from Madrid, almost scared? Could've been a bigger margin.

Huge game tomorrow night, Barcelona away to Athletic, another time for Enrique not to do a Sociedad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

only 7 yellows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It was game over when the first goal went in. Real have no heart.

They looked beaten from the first whistle,they know that Atletico have their number .

Kroos is useless in matches like this ,he is too lightweight.

Atletico were very impressive and played some quality football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

This made me laugh more than it should have.:pac:
    Nice gesture from Ronaldo to voluntarily serve the third game of the three match ban he should've received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Now that was a spanking.

Simeone will be at a much bigger club soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

NIMAN wrote: »
    Now that was a spanking.

Simeone will be at a much bigger club soon.

Can someone summarise why the Madrid fans boo Bale, I heard that it is the 4th match in a row?

Seems that home fans would usually only boo if attitude is poor etc. which is not something I would associate with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Can someone summarise why the Madrid fans boo Bale, I heard that it is the 4th match in a row?

Seems that home fans would usually only boo if attitude is poor etc. which is not something I would associate with him?

They booed Ronaldo is his first season too didnt they?, strange bunch. I guess when your the record signing they expect you to be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

They booed him on a couple of occasions because he was 'greedy'.

I think Madrid fans are among the most fickle around.

They once booed the team off the pitch after winning 3-0, as they didn't win in enough style.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I think Madrid fans are among the most fickle around.

They once booed the team off the pitch after winning 3-0, as they didn't win in enough style.

Remember, this is the club that had not won the Champions League in over 30 years and they sacked the manager who delivered the trophy in 1998, Jupp Heynckes a week or so after he had led them to it.

• Advertisement

Plus they also got rid of Del Bosque after he was successful.

Had they kept him I woul dsay they would have had another couple of La Liga and maybe at least 1 more CL in the trophy cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Here we go. Rakitic, Xavi and Mathieu are the (slightly) surprising inclusions, with Mascherano on the bench. A win tonight takes Barcelona to within a point of Real Madrid and puts their fate back on their own hands.

The Man is a King.

That is all.

The massive press, the likes of which I'm not sure I've seen before but Barcelona keep going, they keep playing and the move that led to that free-kick should be shown to everry youth team that aspires to play the game correctly.

Messi does it again, the imperious Argentine is the difference.

• What a save there, Messi with a wonder cross to Suarez

What a move from the dream front 3! What a save by Iraizoz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great save but Suarez had to score

• What a move from the dream front 3! What a save by Iraizoz!

Squad is so strong, love the fact that La Liga is so wide open this year
    Even more so than last year

I fear for anyone that should meet Barca / Athletico Madrid / Real Madrid in the CL

There's his goal though. Good strike. Barca playing really well

• Advertisement

• Don't like the man but can't take away his skill

Lovely Goal, perfect accuracy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Nice fast footwork. Be about 0-5.

Yes! Goal! It's magic! Suarez to MessI, Messi to Suarez and Suarez does what we know he can do, he makes it 2-0. Sublime performance and score thus far against such an aggressive and unique opponent.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Squad is so strong, love the fact that La Liga is so wide open this year
    Even more so than last year

I fear for anyone that should meet Barca / Athletico Madrid / Real Madrid in the CL

Incredible race for the title and lots of strong teams with the likes of Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal and even Athletic Bilbao.

If the draw is kind, all 3 could make the semi finals.

Ridiculous game. So many chances for both sides

So close for Aduriz.

Some game this.

• Advertisement

• Who's cover for Bravo as #2 for Barca considering Valdes is gone to us?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Who's cover for Bravo as #2 for Barca consindering Valdes is gone to us?

Ter Stegen.

Young German keeper.

I admit I am prone to doses of hyperbole and perhaps I could be accused of the odd case of bias but leaving all hyperbole aside that was a half every fan of football should watch. Be you a Barcelona or Athletic Bilbao fan, a Spanish football aficionado, an interested neutral or someone who enjoys the tactical side of the game. Bilbao have pressed Barcelona so aggressively, hoping to contain them in their own half, their back four on the half way line and 6 players strategically in Barcelona's half to stop the Catalan club playing out from the back but Barcelona have managed to play around and through it. It's made for an incredible spectacle of chances and of a fascinating tactical battle and an exhibition of Barcelona's pure skill.

Very few teams could do what Barcelona have just done in the way they've done it. 45 minutes of pure football, total football, as a football fan, let alone a Barcelona fan, it's been exhilarating. I couldn't be more impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I admit I am prone to doses of hyperbole and perhaps I could be accused of the odd case of bias.

Finally! ☺

Yeah Barca are looking great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Be you a Barcelona or Athletic Bilbao fan, a Spanish football aficionado, an interested neutral or someone who enjoys the tactical side of the game. Bilbao have pressed Barcelona so aggressively, hoping to contain them in their own half, their back four on the half way line and 6 players strategically in Barcelona's half to stop the Catalan club playing out from the back but Barcelona have managed to play around and through it. It's made for an incredible spectacle of chances and of a fascinating tactical battle and an exhibition of Barcelona's pure skill.

Very few teams could do what Barcelona have just done in the way they've done it. 45 minutes of pure football, total football, as a football fan, let alone a Barcelona fan, it's been exhilarating. I couldn't be more impressed.

Kudos for Bilbao being brave enough to play such an open and risky style of football.
    Its great to watch matches like this,it reminds me of the Betis vs Real Madrid match a few years ago.

That half was a refreshing change to the ultra negative style of football so often seen in the Premiership .

I never doubted this Barca side would be good on the break ,the big question is whether they can bypass sides that park the bus .

• Advertisement

• Great game to watch...as always with la liga

Barca have been lucky not conceed either

• Deserved goal to be fair

Omg just as I post messi does something magical

• Wow

This is top notch stuff here.

Game of the season so far.

Insane stuff! 3-1 and it's Suarez with a cross, Messi mis-hits and it goes in off De Marcos. Wonderful stuff.

Wow.....

• Lol 4-1

So crazy

• Wow.....

Snap!!! :)

Can you believe what you are seeing? A goal crafted in the mind of a genius, the one true genius of football, Lionel Messi! Amazing stuff and Neymar scores again.

• Ffs lol what a game

• Advertisement
Advertisement