Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

miralize wrote: »
    Jesus after watching the United match earlier, I was just about to give up on football. Messi has points to prove!

Just there he chased back from a corner and stopped the Elche attack, he wouldn't have done that last season. He looks much happier and is playing with more freedom. Much more enjoyable than the stuff from the Stadium of Light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I'm giggling like a 13 year old girl. We're getting close...

****ING MESSI!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great finish from Messi :D

Red for Masch :eek:

Deserved tbh..

Well... that makes things difficult.

It's Messi, it can only be Messi, all of the agility and fleetness of foot as the pitch invading black cat, the great man is back this season.

Damn, red card, that changes things a bit.

• What was Mascherano sent off for???? I missed that.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What was Mascherano sent off for???? I missed that.

Professional foul, last man & clipped the back of Elche's striker

• Advertisement

Last man tackle, the Barcelona line was too high from the restart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Long ball over the top from Goalie. Barca made a hames of it. Mascherano had no choice but to the clip the striker Rodriguez. He was last man - red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This kid Munir looks a real player.

Whose your hadaddi???

A star is born, down to 10 men, Munir steps up, his finish is perfect. A star is born on the sideline too, Rafinha off instead of Munir a piece of genius and loyalty to the young man that has paid off.

That was a beauty finish, but can he hack it on a cold night in Stoke?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This is the refreshment upfront that was required against a side who comfortably got a 0-0 at the end of last season. Without Neymar or Suarez theres still energy and cutting edge and a rested Messi possibly.

Two different teams from the end of last season.

Turtwig wrote: »
    That was a beauty finish, but can he hack it on a cold night in Stoke?

I doubt we will ever find out because he is no Bojan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

MD1990 wrote: »
    Denis Suarez is a young player who I think will have a very good saeson. Also Munir could start for Barca tomorow if Neymar can't start an exciting talent.
    I should be a scout :pac:.

Luis Enrique deserves credit for playing Munir. Only 18 & even Guardiola wouldn't give youngsters there debut that young. Munir also looks more mature in his play than Dealofeu who never gets his head up.

I should be a scout :pac:.

Hey I called it too. :P
    (Ok you were more quantified and detailed.)

• Advertisement

It's uber Barcelona! The pressing, the 1 touch passing, the movement, Messi, it's all so beautiful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

It's uber Barcelona! The pressing, the 1 touch passing, the movement, Messi, it's all so beautiful.

It's Elche.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned. Messi looks way better this game. Looks more explosive & is pressing well. Looks in better physical condition. A worry would be that Barca havn't created that many chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Liking the cut of this Munir lad...pity he'll turn into a Tello once Suarez and Neymar come back

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned. Messi looks way better this game. Looks more explosive & is pressing well. Looks in better physical condition. A worry would be that Barca havn't created that many chances.

*puts hand up* I kinda did, as did Andersonisgod several times

Messi again :pac:

Messi is such a genius what a player

It's Elche.

Na it's Messi who makes it 3-0.

Enrique's belief was always with the philosophy and physical conditioning. So it's no surprise the team looks sharper. Not saying anything about Messi yet as he blew hot and cold. On the showing so far this season it's more positive. Regarding their penetration - or lack thereof- they've created enough to score at least 4 goals which isn't bad considering how deep Elche were playing. But it's only Elche, it's only early days and I agree they still seem a little blunt and lacking penetration.
    Liking the cut of this Munir lad...pity he'll turn into a Tello once Suarez and Neymar come back

Tello was always just a walcott speed merchant though. This guy has some silky skillz. hackzor!11!

It's like last season never happened, the greatest player ever has found his mojo again under Luis Enrique, the Tata Martino nightmare is over, a new day dawns at the Camp Nou, it is Lionel Messi who blossoms.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    *puts hand up* I kinda did, as did Andersonisgod several times

I'll give you credit. AIG calls wolf far too often. :p

Tello was always just a walcott speed merchant though. This guy has some silky skillz. hackzor!11!

I actually really liked Tello and thought he'd mature into a real talented player and he may well do that... I think playing regularly will do him wonders

It's like last season never happened, the greatest player ever has found his mojo again under Luis Enrique, the Tata Martino nightmare is over, a new day dawns at the Camp Nou, it is Lionel Messi who blossoms.

Martino didnt do badly at all. 2nd in the league, pipped on the final day, supposedly bullied into changing things because it wasnt aligning with the players philosphy not because it wasnt working.

He did more than well. Just unfortunate with what went down in the club over the season..

Enrique's belief was always with the philosophy and physical conditioning. So it's no surprise the team looks sharper. Not saying anything about Messi yet as he blew hot and cold. On the showing so far this season it's more positive. Regarding their penetration - or lack thereof- they've created enough to score at least 4 goals which isn't bad considering how deep Elche were playing. But it's only Elche, it's only early days and I agree they still seem a little blunt and lacking penetration.

With Enrique's love of triathlon's i thought Barca might overdue it in pre-season in regards to conditioning. We will see later in the season if Barca will get tired or if there training was periodized well.

I'll give you credit. AIG calls wolf far too often. :p

Harsh, I actually think I'm quite good at calling potential. Munir gets the thumbs up, I've previously given Bojan (at the height of his run in the Barca side) the thumbs down.

Shall we dig up your early quotes about Barca last season under Tata. Particuarly during the first game. Paraphrased: The pressing,passing and intensity this is Barca of old, exequisite and irresistible.

Just saying...

There's just something about Barca, I've never not enjoyed watching them play... You can say and think what you like about the Barca way but I'll never get sick of it and long may it continue. Great to watch always.

With Enrique's love of triathlon's i thought Barca might overdue it in pre-season in regards to conditioning. We will see later in the season if Barca will get tired or if there training was periodized well.

Pep screwed it up when he had them - they'd have significant dips in Mar/Apr. Wouldn't be surprised if Enrique does too. Celta seemed to stay sharp up until the end. How did Roma fare?

Shall we dig up your early quotes about Barca last season under Tata. Particuarly during the first game. Paraphrased: The pressing,passing and intensity this is Barca of old, exequisite and irresistible.

Just saying...

Ah but the pressing wasn't this intense, the reliance on cross-field passed became too great. This, on the other hand, is Barcelona as it should be, Barcelona back to basics.

• Advertisement

Ah but the pressing wasn't this intense, the reliance on cross-field passed became too great. This, on the other hand, is Barcelona as it should be, Barcelona back to basics.

That's pretty much exactly what you said this time last year. With the exception of cross field passing.

Lads, the commentators there were on about the transfer ban and that Barca will have to buy in the next two weeks for the next two years... Who do you think they could get in. Honestly I think for attackers they're fine for two years but they could do with defenders...so yeah who're realistic purchases?

That's pretty much exactly what you said this time last year. With the exception of cross field passing.

Well make another note of this, it's the stuff of dreams and make a note of Messi, this is the happiest he has looked in a couple of years.

Lads, the commentators there were on about the transfer ban and that Barca will have to buy in the next two weeks for the next two years... Who do you think they could get in. Honestly I think for attackers they're fine for two years but they could do with defenders...so yeah who're realistic purchases?

Hummels, Koké, Gabi. Hummels is probably the only slightly realistic one. They probably also need a few FBs. Bartra, Vermaelen, Pique and Matheiu should be adequate CB coverage. CDM they have Busquets and Masch, maybe another one there.

Attacking wise another Xaviesta type.

We have Samper too.

Levante - Villareal next.

Whatever about the race for the title, the race for fourth is certainly going to be very interesting. Have Villareal strengthened in anyway during the summer?

Edit: Is Ballague bluffing when he's claiming that players said to Enrique that they'd only press if Mess runs too. It seems plausible but is there any substance to it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's Elche.

It was Elche too when they comfortably held Barcelona pathetically 'chasing' the title in May.

This time they simply couldn't handle the swarm, huge difference in the two Barcelonas Elche have faced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dfx- wrote: »
    It was Elche too when they comfortably held Barcelona pathetically 'chasing' the title in May.

This time they simply couldn't handle the swarm, huge difference in the two Barcelonas Elche have faced.
    Nah. Completely different story in the Nou Camp. That game was in Elche, right?

CSF wrote: »
    Nah. Completely different story in the Nou Camp. That game was in Elche, right?

Yep, Barca beat Elche 4-0 in the Nou Camp last January. (Should have been more too and iirc Messi wasn't even playing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Real Madrid must be laughing all the way to the bank ,they can smell the stench of desperation off Man Utd.
    60-70m euro for a player they are desperately trying to offload ,who they tried to flog to Spurs last season for 30m ,and who they bought for 25m .

When was the last time Real Madrid made 40m euro on a player ,they nearly always move players on at a loss ,sometimes a huge write down.

Di Maria is a good player but a very streaky temperamental one ,he has had one good season , Utd have lost the plot spunking that sort of money.

Just on this, your memory must be short if you can't remember the selling Mesut Özil last season for well over €40m.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liam O wrote: »
    Just on this, your memory must be short if you can't remember the selling Mesut Özil last season for well over €40m.

Also Higuain.

Also he said Di Maria had only 1 good season, then I must be watching completely different Di Maria who always recorded around 30 goals + assists every season.

IIRC he was also leading in assists chart last season was in top 3 or 5 2-3 seasons ago.

63 Million is including addons which going by some twitter rumors, 5 Million for winning PL, 5 Million for winning CL twice something like that.

Overpriced for sure but anyone saying we have enough wingers haven't got a clue about ManUtd team. Valencia, Young and Januzaj (who might end up playing #10) are our wing options and none of them have consistent end product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement