Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Anyone for 6-3 or 6-4 in this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Goals are going in too quick, I can't keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A goal and 3 assists for Messi if you can assist ogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sick challenge.

• That was nasty, crazy stuff

I'm wiping my eyes, I've nearly puked, Lionel Messi is not human. I'm not sure there's anybody else on the planet who can do what Messi just did. He scores so many goals but he also makes so many goals. What an honour it is to watch him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm wiping my eyes, I've nearly puked, Lionel Messi is not human. I'm not sure there's anybody else on the planet who can do what Messi just did. He scores so many goals but he also makes so many goals. What an honour it is to watch him play.

You're not the only one after I read all that......

Game of the season! That had everything!

• Advertisement

Crisis at Barca? What crisis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I missed all the goals. Got the five bit right though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Should be an interesting run in now after this weekends results.

• Game of the season! That had everything!

It had everything except defending IMO :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Game of the season! That had everything!

Nah, that was last weekend Barca vs Villareal. Hoping for more of the same on Wednesday!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Messi seems to be back to his best form.

Where he can literally do what he likes on the pitch.

Unreal stuff

I fear for City when they come to the Etihad :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That fifth goal is something else, even against ten men and a two goal lead.

How he waits, basically stalling it until Busquets gets up, stands around and makes the run is ridiculous. And the stats men only get to put it down as a completed pass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4o-75GSlI#t=336

There's not a player alive who delivers a better final pass than Messi, his vision and execution are unprecedented. His pass finds Neymar who mis-times the volley but it lobs over the keeper anyway. 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

amazing by bartra

Pitchside robbery denied Messi a goal but the little magician gets on with it and gets his goal. Bartra does brilliant in an attacking position, he wins the ball, he plays a beautiful pass and Messi's first touch and finish are sublime.

This is a team who want to win it all, who want to right some wrongs. It's champagne football, Busquets finds a perfect pass to Pedro, who squares to Messi and he scores again. This I'd all after some incredible freestyling tiki taka. Just wonderful!

• Advertisement

There's the hat trick! Messi scores from the penalty spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

I hope he gets another. I don't like to see Messi score impure hat tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

SUAREZ!!! What a finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Absolute master class tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a fantastic goal from Suarez, lovely stuff

What a goal! The acrobatics from Suarez! Genius! 5-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Messi is having a sh1t 2015.

Good goal from Luis Suarez, But could he do that in the Premier League??? I don't think he could.

Anyone got a gif of that link up play between xavi, Neymar, messi and the bounce behind Pedro that prevented the tap in. He was unbelievably unlucky not to get any goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Fudge You wrote: »
    Messi is having a sh1t 2015.

Good goal from Luis Suarez, But could he do that in the Premier League??? I don't think he could.

Wouldn't even make it into his top 3 premier league goals goals...

Crisis at Barca? What crisis.

Sid lowe (I think) described it as the best crisis ever. You couldn't ask for a crisis better than it. I actually to want Barca to lose something now to see what the reaction is. They look fooking amazing right now. On current form of both teams you'd have to worry for City.

• Advertisement

Rayo 2 up against Villarreal. This will be a fantastic result for Paco Jemez.

Great game at the Balaidos...end to end stuff.

As I write this, Celta have gone 2 up.

Atleti not at the races today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The peno summed up Atletico, Celta player handles it outside the box no free so defender kicks him in the box and moans to ref about the free that wasnt given. Stupid penalty to give away.

Celta were excellent though, looked really up for it, kept the ball well and they caused all sorts of problems for Atletico's backline.7

Simeone tried everything to get Atletico to click into gear before it was too late but by the time they started playing they were already behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Was in Madrid at the weekend for Real and Deportivo, great experience and everything there was really reasonable. Would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going. Also got to Rayo Vallecano and Villarreal on Sunday evening (after spotting the Villarreal bus parked outside a hotel, hadnt realised Rayo were as close as they were).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I remember reading a story late last season that Eibar were going to be rejected for promotion and (could be wrong on this) they were threatened with being demoted too due to some crazy rule about having equity/physical cash to back up their running of the club.

Great to see that they appear to be holding their own after getting through that hiccup of a situation, given the size of the town and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Was in Madrid at the weekend for Real and Deportivo, great experience and everything there was really reasonable. Would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going. Also got to Rayo Vallecano and Villarreal on Sunday evening (after spotting the Villarreal bus parked outside a hotel, hadnt realised Rayo were as close as they were).

What was your opinion of Vietto? (if he played)

I like the look of him, not sure how he's been doing since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    What was your opinion of Vietto? (if he played)

I like the look of him, not sure how he's been doing since Christmas.

He played alright, looked lively in parts and linked well with Cheryshev a few times, he looks a decent player in fairness, Inter linked with him I saw in one of papers over on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Barca have lost at home to Malaga 1-nil. Disaster of a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Barcelona lose at home to Malaga. You'd expect Real to open up a 4 point gap again tomorrow.

What the hell are Sky playing at showing only 45 mins of the Atleti game and then showing Premier League highlights on the supposed "Home of European
    Football" channel?

Joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What the hell are Sky playing at showing only 45 mins of the Atleti game and then showing Premier League highlights on the supposed "Home of European
    Football" channel?

Joke.
    Yeah, disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Barca have lost at home to Malaga 1-nil. Disaster of a result.

Just when it looked like they had turned the corner they produce an insipid performance like that today.

Malaga hadnt won at the Nou Camp this century ,1999 was their last victory there.

Everytime Barcelona have had a chance to go top this season they have blown it.
    Football" channel?

You can see the second half at 11pm :p

Shocking really
    Maybe its on the red button feed but still no excuse .

That Match choice thing is a load of rubbish anyway,who wants to watch the whole 90 minutes of a non live match ,I dont see the appeal at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Griezemann with another brace tonight what a fcuking signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Shades of Martino today. When Messi and Neymar both have a bad game it can get pretty ugly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Was watching 1st of atletico and went to make tea....came and was like WTF???

took me a few minutes to figure out it was on the red button, check the other sky channels and only 1 live sport was on.

Utterly pointless decision, can only assume its to stop UPC/BT customers not seeing la liga as they have no red button?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Was watching 1st of atletico and went to make tea....came and was like WTF???

took me a few minutes to figure out it was on the red button, check the other sky channels and only 1 live sport was on.

Utterly pointless decision, can only assume its to stop UPC/BT customers not seeing la liga as they have no red button?

What happened is that Sky moved Premier League highlights to Sky Sports 5 as some Rugby League Champions of Champions game was live last night and due to boxing, tennis and World Cup Cricket live events on at the same time, La Liga got the shaft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Madrid need to win this, I think Barca will beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Overplaying it here, should be ahead

Ronaldo has been anonymous.

And diving and throwing tantrums.

This is the best player in the world?

• Advertisement
Advertisement