Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

Massive result.

Barca can go top now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Barca to win La Liga now I think.

Momentum is with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The current trend of the season is that Barca will lose/draw tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lighten up mate.

Embarassing post to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

CSF wrote: »
    Embarassing post to be fair.

Yeah, you did come across a bit butthurt but what does it matter?

• Advertisement

Yeah, you did come across a bit butthurt but what does it matter?

You could say the exact same about you here. When did something have to matter on the Internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

What are you two gonna say when you're asked at work or school on Monday what ye got up to Saturday night?

What are you two gonna say when you're asked at work or school on Monday what ye got up to Saturday night?

That it was NSFW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Once again Ronaldo doesn't score and is anonymous. Take away his goals and he is non-existent in open play. World class goalscorer the same way Gerd Muller was but thats about it, rubbish football player in general, and will never be universally acclaimed as one of the all time greats. Don't see how people can't see this when it happens again and again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Once again Ronaldo doesn't score and is anonymous. Take away his goals and he is non-existent in open play. World class goalscorer the same way Gerd Muller was but thats about it, rubbish football player in general, and will never be universally acclaimed as one of the all time greats. Don't see how people can't see this when it happens again and again and again.

Because he's been deified by Man Utd fans who are quite numerous.

Ronaldo reminds me of a quicker, more dynamic Hugo Sanchez. Brilliant goalscorer, but offered little else around the pitch and was not the type of player to dig his team out of a hole when they needed it.

He also played for Real.

• Advertisement

rubbish football player in general

The shark has been jumped. How can you say something so stupid? Surely you have to have some sort of filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

He doesnt look fully fit to me ,he seems to be relying more on other players to create chances for him over the last 6 months instead of creating his own chances like he used to.

I've noticed that he rarely takes a defender on these days like he used to before .
    His dribbling was never the best mind you but he was still decent enough.

As for him being a rubbish footballer in general ,:confused:,the guy almost single handedly won the league for Man Utd one season and almost won them the Champions league on his own too .

When you are that good at getting goals ,you dont need to be that good in general play,especially in a team like Real ,where you have so many good players to supply chances.
    Alot of forwards are shocking in general play anyway ,their primary job is to score not create.

He doesnt look fully fit to me ,he seems to be relying more on other players to create chances for him over the last 6 months instead of creating his own chances like he used to.

I've noticed that he rarely takes a defender on these days like he used to before .
    His dribbling was never the best mind you but he was still decent enough.

As for him being a rubbish footballer in general ,:confused:,the guy almost single handedly won the league for Man Utd one season and almost won them the Champions league on his own too .

When you are that good at getting goals ,you dont need to be that good in general play,especially in a team like Real ,where you have so many good players to supply chances.
    Alot of forwards are shocking in general play anyway ,their primary job is to score not create.

It's an insult to United's fantastic defence during those years to claim Ronaldo ever single handidly did anything over the course of a season for United.

It's an insult to United's fantastic defence during those years to claim Ronaldo ever single handidly did anything over the course of a season for United.

Yes,it was a fantastic defence allright but in the title run in , 2007, the main strategy was keep it tight at the back and hope Ronaldo comes up with some magic,which he did ,time and time again to deny the Special one 3 in a row .

What do ye think of Ronnies new moves

He can always give Strictly Come Dancing a go when he hangs up his boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

What do ye think of Ronnies new moves

He can always give Strictly Come Dancing a go when he hangs up his boots

Looks like a bellend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I said exactly this a few months back. Rubbish is a bit strong, but I would say average. Take away his goals (of which an increasing amount seem to be penalties) and his general play doesn't match up with the likes of Ribery, Robben, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Hazard, let alone Messi.

He's long been a great goalscorer, ala Gerd Muller, it's not a knock to compare them, it's a compliment. However anyone with two eyes can see that Messi is the greater player, he's as good a goalscorer and a massively better player.

The greatest trick Real Madrid and their media ever did was convince the world that genius can only be measured in goals. Ronaldinho wasn't the prolific scorer that these two are but, for a time, he was the best player in the world based on his genius and his performances. Messi had the genius, he has the performances, he has the goals, he is the greatest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Messi is the better player no doubt, but Ronaldo's general play is certainly more than average. Actually since being at Real it's suffered a bit from him actually not needing to do as much in general play. His years at United and his first year at Real he was doing things that he isn't doing now, his movement and running with the ball have decreased. In that 2 year period he was electrifying and as exciting as any player on the planet at that time. He has become more individual of course, which has had pro's and cons to his game. His general play is a lot more than 'average', well I more mean it CAN be, however we probably won't see that kind of Ronaldo ever again.

Ronaldo has 39 goals and 15 assists from 37 appearances this season and some label parts of his game as average and rubbish! Cmon ffs. That's Dunphy analysis.

It's hilarious that when Madrid lose Ronaldo is generally the first to be blamed by some! The logic is nuts

Probably one of the most inaccurate and poorest posts I've read in a while on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Probably one of the most inaccurate and poorest posts I've read in a while on boards

Then you have missed his other posts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I believe Messi is the better player, and I am not fan of Real Madrid by any means, but to say that Ronaldo is 'rubbish' apart from his goals is so blatantly incorrect that it barely warrants response. Just because he's not Messi doesn't make him rubbish. And he might be going through a bad patch now, but Messi had the same a year ago too.

Anyway- Athletico Madrid v Valencia this evening. Absolutely massive game. I'm not too confident Valencia can get a result; away form is awful, and the Vicente Calderon is a very tough place to take any points from. Still, a win just 5 points off top. That's an incredible achievement on last year (Valencia have more points after 25 games then they had all last season!).

elefant wrote: »
    I believe Messi is the better player, and I am not fan of Real Madrid by any means, but to say that Ronaldo is 'rubbish' apart from his goals is so blatantly incorrect that it barely warrants response. Just because he's not Messi doesn't make him rubbish. And he might be going through a bad patch now, but Messi had the same a year ago too.

I've never seen Messi play as bad for a sustained period as Ronaldo has in 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ronaldo has 39 goals and 15 assists from 37 appearances this season and some label parts of his game as average and rubbish! Cmon ffs. That's Dunphy analysis.

It's hilarious that when Madrid lose Ronaldo is generally the first to be blamed by some! The logic is nuts

I agree but in fairness it is the same with Messi when Barca lose.

Here we go! The ascendancy of Barcelona begins and it's the world's most lethal striker Luis Suarez who gives Barcelona the lead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Here we go! The ascendancy of Barcelona begins and it's the world's most lethal striker Luis Suarez who gives Barcelona the lead!

Great finish alright. Hopefully we get some more goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I said exactly this a few months back. Rubbish is a bit strong, but I would say average. Take away his goals (of which an increasing amount seem to be penalties) and his general play doesn't match up with the likes of Ribery, Robben, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Hazard, let alone Messi.

He's long been a great goalscorer, ala Gerd Muller, it's not a knock to compare them, it's a compliment. However anyone with two eyes can see that Messi is the greater player, he's as good a goalscorer and a massively better player.

The greatest trick Real Madrid and their media ever did was convince the world that genius can only be measured in goals. Ronaldinho wasn't the prolific scorer that these two are but, for a time, he was the best player in the world based on his genius and his performances. Messi had the genius, he has the performances, he has the goals, he is the greatest.

What a load of horse **** right there.

What a load of horse **** right there.

It isn't though. The proof is on the pitch.

Excellent half of football there from both teams. Rayo'a highline looked suicidal the first 20 minutes with the ease at which Barcelona were playing through them but since then they've come into the game more as Barcelona have dropped their level a bit.

That being said, it's been very good by Barca, Suarez has been particularly brilliant and his goal was vintage Suarez. Still you feel another goal is key.

• Advertisement

I agree but in fairness it is the same with Messi when Barca lose.

Is it? Has anyone ever been as idiotic as to call Messi rubbish? It is correct to say Ronaldo is off-form.

On a sunny Sunday afternoon in March Barcelona are set to go top of the table. 2-0, it's Pique!

They chant Messi's name, they still trust him with penalties.

He misses, encroachment, retake!

He scores, it's not his greatest strength his penalties but that second one was emphatic.

Is it? Has anyone ever been as idiotic as to call Messi rubbish? It is correct to say Ronaldo is off-form.

Not rubbish per se (which is a foolish comment) but many have claimed he is in decline, something which is utter drivel and it is something he has put to bed in recent weeks.

Not rubbish per se (which is a foolish comment) but many have claimed he is in decline, something which is utter drivel and it is something he has put to bed in recent weeks.

Agreed, but the idiocy of the 2 statements have a variance.

• Advertisement

It's Messi again! 40 goals for the 6th successive season, Messi's genius knows no bounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

His touch was ridiculous.

A packed Camp Nou erupts unanimously in cries of "Messi" his jinks, his feints, the swift way in which he moves, he is a great artist who creates masterpieces in front of an adoring public.

Wow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

As a matter of interest I wonder how many Messi & Ronaldo have scored since the Ballon D'Or? Ronaldo was well ahead at that stage but they must be about level now.

L'prof wrote: »
    As a matter of interest I wonder how many Messi & Ronaldo have scored since the Ballon D'Or? Ronaldo was well ahead at that stage but they must be about level now.

Yeah they're level in league goals now as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dani Alves suspended :( He played his best football in years today too

miralize wrote: »
    Dani Alves suspended :( He played his best football in years today too

What'd he do? You'd want that to be only a 1 match ban with El Classico so close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Take away his goals today and Messi has been anonymous

What'd he do? You'd want that to be only a 1 match ban with El Classico so close.

He brought down a guy in the box. Dubious call from the ref, he got the ball but could have also taken the man as well.. Thats both our first choice wingbacks out until the Clasico (at least)

L'prof wrote: »

According to calender year stats for 2015, Messi now has 18 goals in 15, Ronaldo has 7 in 12. Ballon D'Or was on the 12th of January, so you have to take away 2 for Messi from Copa Del Rey and La Liga before that in January and one for Ronaldo in the same period. So 16-6 is their goal tally since Ballon D'Or. Messi now has 41 for the season, Ronaldo has 39.

Except that he did score 3 goals and that makes your argument absolutely pointless.

ronaldo-crying-o.gif

miralize wrote: »
    Except that he did score 3 goals and that makes your argument absolutely pointless.

I think it was a joke on the argument that Ronaldo only scores lots of goals and is otherwise anonymous.

I didn't see the game though so have no opinion to offer on that topic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement