Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Gave it to Ronaldo myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Gave it to Ronaldo myself.

It was going wide, but he'll get it if Real campaign for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Rumour going 'round the web that Ronaldo refused to celebrate when Bale scored. Seen the video and I'm not sure what to make of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lol...that was some attempt by Benzema
    Rumour going 'round the web that Ronaldo refused to celebrate when Bale scored. Seen the video and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Ronaldo plays for himself. No matter how much he mentions the "team" in his little speeches, it's all about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ohhhh benzema! That would have been amazing

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Ohhhh benzema! That would have been amazing

Shoe in for a Puskas nomination if it had gone in!

Poor game for Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

How good is ramos head & shoulders the best defender in the world

I'd rate Godin and Thiago Silva ahead of him.

Picks up far too many reds and yellows for that sort of accolade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Kinda happy for Bale that he got 2 tonight, take the pressure off him for a while.

Ah stop fellas he's a class above Silva and Godin who are very good defenders. He does play on the edge but the aggression he brings to Madrid is important. You can't judge his ability on red and yellow cards either. Roy Keane wouldn't go down as a great if that were the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Genuinely don't think Ramos is any better than Silva and Godin.

3 very high quality defenders with little between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ah stop fellas he's a class above Silva and Godin who are very good defenders. He does play on the edge but the aggression he brings to Madrid is important. You can't judge his ability on red and yellow cards either. Roy Keane wouldn't go down as a great if that were the case

I'd be on the Real side of things but he does more than play on the edge, he can be absolutely ****ing brain dead at times disciplinary wise, and quite often it's when he happens to get caught out of position and he commits a stupid foul. No one judges a player on their ability it's what they do when they go out and play 90 minute games, ability is an invisible trait. He's old enough now to have cut it out of his game, you can still be aggressive but yet street smart, he certainly isn't this yet. Would be a shame if he doesn't because he sure can defend.

Corholio wrote: »
    I'd be on the Real side of things but he does more than play on the edge, he can be absolutely ****ing brain dead at times disciplinary wise, and quite often it's when he happens to get caught out of position and he commits a stupid foul. No one judges a player on their ability it's what they do when they go out and play 90 minute games, ability is an invisible trait. He's old enough now to have cut it out of his game, you can still be aggressive but yet street smart, he certainly isn't this yet. Would be a shame if he doesn't because he sure can defend.

He's obviously had a few decent 90 mins. He's been voted La Liga best defender 2012 2013 2014 and named in FIFPRO best 11 in 08 2011 2012 2013 2014 and will most definitely do the same this year and that voting is by his fellow pros

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

When you've had a defence of Marcelo, Carvalho, Ramos and Pepe...the madness side of Ramos can be underappreciated and his unpredictability go under the radar.

primarily through the sheer lunacy of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Valencia marching on. If Real lose tomorrow that's only 4 point separating them from second. I think only Liverpool have a marginally better top-division current form than Valencia in Europe at the moment: won eight, drawn one, lost one in the last 10.

Very promising for the first season of the new, solvent era. I think everyone is just praying Otamendi and Gaya will be held onto. There can't be many hotter defensive properties in football than Otamendi right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

elefant wrote: »
    Valencia marching on. If Real lose tomorrow that's only 4 point separating them from second. I think only Liverpool have a marginally better top-division current form than Valencia in Europe at the moment: won eight, drawn one, lost one in the last 10.

Very promising for the first season of the new, solvent era. I think everyone is just praying Otamendi and Gaya will be held onto. There can't be many hotter defensive properties in football than Otamendi right now.

Liverpool & Barca with Bayern matching them and Arsenal & Juventus just behind. Had you not pointed it out, I wouldn't have realised that they were doing so well. Only have a passing interest in la liga and keep an eye out for a few scores. Fair play to them.

elefant wrote: »

Sky used to show La Liga games on Friday.

Wonder why they stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Just a question for the regular posters here, how is it with away fans in La Liga?, I guess that Real/Barca/Atleti would have a sizeable away following but how many Celta Vigo fans would go to Malaga or how many would Seville take to Espanyol ? Just curious as the distances are obviously greater than for EPL fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

dd972 wrote: »
    Just a question for the regular posters here, how is it with away fans in La Liga?, I guess that Real/Barca/Atleti would have a sizeable away following but how many Celta Vigo fans would go to Malaga or how many would Seville take to Espanyol ? Just curious as the distances are obviously greater than for EPL fans.

No teams would have a big away following in Spain, the distance and cost of travel are very high.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The big clubs' away following I'd imagine are more likely to be people living in that city who support the big sides more than travelling fans..

Simeone has renewed his deal with atleti until 2020, great news for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Xavi is going to Qatar next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

eternal wrote: »
    Xavi is going to Qatar next season.

Wow. €200k a week for 3 years at 35 in a mickey mouse league. What a f'd up place.

He swore he'd retire at Barca. I'm gutted. He's been offered 10 million and the chance to coach eventually via ESPN news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

He swore he'd retire at Barca. I'm gutted. He's been offered 10 million and the chance to coach eventually via ESPN news.

That's not just 10 million. That's 10 million per year for three years with the option of a fourth year at another 10 million and his coaching badges with the Aspire Academy. He'd have been nuts not to turn it down!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's not just 10 million. That's 10 million per year for three years with the option of a fourth year at another 10 million and his coaching badges with the Aspire Academy. He'd have been nuts not to turn it down!

I'm not saying whether or not he should have accepted only my sentiments regarding the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Well he effectively will. Qatar job is the equivalent of retirement home.

• Advertisement

Gerrard gone, Xavi gone, I'm getting old.

I see real madrid have announced they will be signing danilo from porto once the transfer window officially opens, 30 odd million euros quoted for him, another good day for portos accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

klose wrote: »
    I see real madrid have announced they will be signing danilo from porto once the transfer window officially opens, 30 odd million euros quoted for him, another good day for portos accounts.

Wonder what is going to happen to Carvajal? Strange signing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bit of a kick in the nuts for Carvajal, who has been generally excellent since cementing his spot in the 1st team. Appreciate that a team like Real Madrid would need to have 2 top players for each position, but can see this guy becoming No.1.

Looks like thats Arbeloa being shown the door.

8 minute hattrick for ronaldo, oier is useless in goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Danilo is a top top signing. One of the best all round players going...kind of like Alves but he can defend. Will be a bargain at 30m considering his age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Granada score!!! 15 minutes left, can't rule them out yet...

Hahahaha jesus what does Ronaldo have to do to get praise in this thread!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

CSF wrote: »

Stop being such a consistent Penaldo and be a more consistent Ronaldo. Simples.

Stop being such a consistent Penaldo and be a more consistent Ronaldo. Simples.
    LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He celebrated too much when he scored his fifth. Obviously only cares about himself, take away his goals today and he was terrible.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    He celebrated too much when he scored his fifth. Obviously only cares about himself, take away his goals today and he was terrible.
    The funniest part is that in this thread you couldn't even be sure you're joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Ronaldo back from a few months vacation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Montroseee wrote: »
    Ronaldo back from a few months vacation.

And yet he has 36 goals in 26 league games. He looked on course to beat Messi's 50 goals before Xmas but I'm not sure he can score 15 in 9 games. He has a fighting chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Unearthly wrote: »
    And yet he has 36 goals in 26 league games. He looked on course to beat Messi's 50 goals before Xmas but I'm not sure he can score 15 in 9 games. He has a fighting chance :)

Quite a decent chance IMO considering Madrid's remaining fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

fair play to ronnie, never gets the credit he deserves, ballon d'or for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

fair play to ronnie, never gets the credit he deserves, ballon d'or for a reason.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Still a point behind , with a game more played and a worse goal difference :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Waiting for Andersonisgod's post like:

horror_2382351b.jpg

CSF wrote: »

Show up consistently in big games when his team needs him?

Scoring 5 goals against one of the worst teams in La Liga at home in a game Real were always going to win by a handy margin, hardly deserves a standing ovation.

Hugo Sanchez was doing that kind of thing for Real back in the 1980's when he won 4 Pichichi's in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

miralize wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac:

tis a fine day for fishing :pac::pac::pac:

article-0-1AC74675000005DC-410_634x412.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement