Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

My opinion is they'll draw at the Sanchez Pizjuan and narrowly lose at the Parc des Princes.

PSG are missing 4 key players,Luiz and Motta are injured and Verrati and Ibrahimovic are suspended.

If Barcelona have a weakness its away from home in the first leg of the knock out stages where they are often too cautious and leave themselves chasing the tie in the second leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ronaldo's reputation went before him a bit in the first half with that ridiculous booking for a 'dive'. Was a stonewall penalty. Misses Real next match now too because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

PSG are missing 4 key players,Luiz and Motta are injured and Verrati and Ibrahimovic are suspended.

If Barcelona have a weakness its away from home in the first leg of the knock out stages where they are often too cautious and leave themselves chasing the tie in the second leg.

You'll have to excuse my confusion. How is Luiz missing a blow? Certainly from an entertainment pov it is. Don't me wrong he's quality quality a player but he's worse than Kompany from breaking discipline and leaving position. Something which a team like Barcelona practically live on.

Veratti is a huge blow. If they have Moura back and Alba isn't fully match fit Barca could be in huge trouble on the flank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Some good games coming up, bilbao v valencia, sevilla v barca(as a seville fan come on seville ;-) and the valencia derby Sunday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Turtwig wrote: »
    You'll have to excuse my confusion. How is Luiz missing a blow? Certainly from an entertainment pov it is. Don't me wrong he's quality quality a player but he's worse than Kompany from breaking discipline and leaving position. Something which a team like Barcelona practically live on.

Veratti is a huge blow. If they have Moura back and Alba isn't fully match fit Barca could be in huge trouble on the flank.
    Given Luiz's performance against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge you'd have to say he'll be missed against Barca. He was one of the best players on the pitch. Constantly setting up PSG attacks with his accurate long diagonal balls. He doesn't seem to be nearly as gung ho going forward as he used to be either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The front 3 all link up for the third goal, it's Suarez's 2nd of the night, he is surely the most lethal hitman in the sport today. 4-0, 7 point gap, Barcelona have eyes on this league crown.
    Seriously, have you forgotten about Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all of a sudden?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Corholio wrote: »
    Ronaldo's reputation went before him a bit in the first half with that ridiculous booking for a 'dive'. Was a stonewall penalty. Misses Real next match now too because of it.
    Yellow card has just been rescinded so he's free to play against Eibar tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Pighead wrote: »
    Yellow card has just been rescinded so he's free to play against Eibar tomorrow now.

Shock horror!

Pighead wrote: »

I wonder if it was a Barcelona player would it have been rescinded ?

Wasnt it only in January that Ronnie only got a paltry 1 match ban for kicking and punching Edimar .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I wonder if it was a Barcelona player would it have been rescinded ?

Wasnt it only in January that Ronnie only got a paltry 1 match ban for kicking and punching Edimar .

At the end of the day it was the right decision. Conspiracy theories are just that really. I would have fully expected such a terrible decision to have been rescinded for any team, Barca included.

• Advertisement

Whatever about the yellow card, Ronnie's "balls" gesture to the referee should have been punished imo. And his celebration against Rayo - which I didn't see - was supposedly not all that nice too. He's doing himself no favours.

It also does appear that himself and messi get many a blind eye turned towards them. Possibly even Neymar too, didn't he spit at someone recently?

Corholio wrote: »
    At the end of the day it was the right decision. Conspiracy theories are just that really. I would have fully expected such a terrible decision to have been rescinded for any team, Barca included.

Let's see if Otamendi's red card from last night is rescinded. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get the full ban possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

eagle eye wrote: »
    Seriously, have you forgotten about Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all of a sudden?

In terms of pure, out and out number 9's, I don't think there is anybody better than Suarez.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

In terms of pure, out and out number 9's, I don't think there is anybody better than Suarez.

He was better last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd have a fit Aguero over Suarez any day, it's a shame he has so many injury problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Apologies if this is the wrong section but I'm looking to buy tickets for Atletico Madrid v Bilbao on the May bank holiday weekend. Where is the best place to get tickets and what section would be the best without being rough.

Apologies if this is the wrong section but I'm looking to buy tickets for Atletico Madrid v Bilbao on the May bank holiday weekend. Where is the best place to get tickets and what section would be the best without being rough.

This is a good place to buy tickets

http://www.ticketmaster.es/en/tickets-sports/club-atletico-de-madrid-sad/1328/?loce=en-deportes-left-3-16-ATDEMADRIDATHLE

Lots of good seats available for that match and pretty reasonable too.

Tickets for Real Madrid and Barcelona matches are very saucy .

elefant wrote: »
    Let's see if Otamendi's red card from last night is rescinded. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get the full ban possible.

Not rescinded. And Valencia warned about criticising referees. Quelle surprise.

Double standards in Spain are a complete joke. I doubt anyone who had seen the incident thought that was a red card. Possibly it wasn't even a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never a dive from Ronaldo. Rescinding yellows is a bit of a nonsense IMO, but if the rules are there to do so, why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Tough match for Sevilla later, Barca seem to be capable of scabby away wins nowadays.

Huge series of fixtures for Barca. If they can come through the majority of these intact there's no reason why they can't win a treble. Very tough two weeks first! I expect them to drop some points in the league.

malaga and atlético was a good game. Have to feel sorry for malaga,griezmann's second was clearly offside. Can't wait for the next game, come on Sevilla!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Superb free kick from Neymar. 2-0 superb performance so far from barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brilliant free kick, Barca look unstoppable.

**** sake:-p barca deserve every bit of this lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cracking strike by Banega.

Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Good strike but Bravo should have pushed that away

Did not see that dominance by Barca. Glad to see Sevilla scored. :)

1st 30 minutes was difficult to watch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thats what you get for going defensive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

'Off like a prom dress.' :)

2 - 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's a big result for the league tonight, Madrid will be very happy with that.

Pure disaster for Barcelona tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Very poor from barca to loose a two goal lead.
    League is shaping up for a cracking finish

eternal wrote: »
    Pure disaster for Barcelona tonight.

They had that coming ,their defence is still very very suspect.

Valencias game vs levante should be handy enough for them. Sevilla wee on a decent run going in this game.

They had that coming ,their defence is still very very suspect.

It's not so much that it's suspect, it's that they always try to play it out from the back. The 2nd goal all came about from Pique trying to pick a pass out to one of the midfielders. Mathieu did the same thing a few minutes before that and was also intercepted, but they got away with it on that occasion. They could do with just hoofing it away every now and again when under pressure.

jamescd wrote: »
    It's not so much that it's suspect, it's that they always try to play it out from the back. The 2nd goal all came about from Pique trying to pick a pass out to one of the midfielders. Mathieu did the same thing a few minutes before that and was also intercepted, but they got away with it on that occasion. They could do with just hoofing it away every now and again when under pressure.

True,there is a time to play it out from the back and a time to play it long.

It makes it easy for the opposition if they know that you will continuously play it out from the back,they can push up and press .

The first goal was sloppy too ,Iniesta should have done better to close Banega down ,he ,Busquets and Mathieu were more concerned with trying to get their hands behind their backs than block the shot.

• Advertisement

I thought after banegas goal sevilla were well on top and should have probably clinched it,opens up the title race again. Was a bit odd to see pareja take the free kicks, would have left banega at it even though he made a balls of the first 2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

[aside]I've put the official La Liga youtube link in the OP if anyone needs it in future.[/aside]

I don't think it's a disastrous result for Barcelona. Excellent performance and they have held out well this season in big away games where the defence has been very good. Fair play to Sevilla, it has always been a very tough place to win and will be tough for Madrid.

A draw at Sevilla is not a disaster or evidence of a terrible defence. Valencia at home is a very big game however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The question will be ringing around Lal Liga come the penultimate series of games - If Barca can win the league at The Calderon will Atleti lie down if they have CL qualification secured and are not in the running for the league themselves?

I think we all know the answer to that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

gimmick wrote: »
    The question will be ringing around Lal Liga come the penultimate series of games - If Barca can win the league at The Calderon will Atleti lie down if they have CL qualification secured and are not in the running for the league themselves?

I think we all know the answer to that :)
    They'll be pushing for 3rd and not having to play a playoff right?

I like Atleti a lot and wouldn't like the idea that they might lose the Barca game, finish 4th as a result, and then potentially lose the playoff.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think you could see from the last Copa del Rey game that Atletico will be out for blood so to speak against Barcelona.

Still think the nature of the league defeat at the Nou Camp when they didn't really turn up hurts them. Not a chance they'll go easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

If there is a strong chance that by them winning hands the title to Real, they will roll over IMO.

Any thread for the Barca match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Xavi off to Al Sadd in Qatar?

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2015/04/16/10820672/al-sadd-ofrecería-a-xavi-siete-años-de-trabajo
    According to published the journal brand, the Al SADD has prepared for Xavi Hernández a job offer of seven years that would be within the reach of very few. This information indicates that economic quantities have not transcended, but the features of the verb that the Qatar club prepares for the catalan midfielder, with three-year contract as a player of the first team and four more as a club Ambassador. Xavi, who already visited the qatari Club in March, would not be the only objective of the Al Sadd, which also would also hire the forward of Espanyol Sergio García, who already have an agreement with the club. Another illustrious catalan could also finish in the Qatar Football since, according to this same information, the national team of the country would want to Pep Guardiola as coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's old news isn't it? He'll be doing his coaching badges and working with the Aspire Academy and an option of an extra year. It'll be worth €10million per year.

Yeah, here's the article for last month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damn twitter and its lazy timeline!

Advertisement